Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 (ATV Version) With Voice Remote - Wifi Not Turning On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8S PRO L 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 (ATV Version) With Voice Remote - Wifi Not Turning On

Hi,

My device was working okay for the last one month. Yesterday I purchased an Magicsee air mouse and used fine. While switching on today, the wifi is not working. It is disabled and while trying to enable it , it enables for a few seconds and then automatically turns off. Tried the following but no success

1. Restarting device - No Wifi
    2. Power cycle - No Wifi
    3. Disabling Bluetooth, then restart - No Wifi
    4. Enter ES file explorer - Root explorer - deleting data/misc/wpa_supplicant.conf - Restart - No Wifi
    5. Unplugging USB devices - Restart - No Wifi
    6. Factory reset - No Wifi
    7. Data wipe & reset through Recovery - No Wifi
    8. Ran the following commands using terminal emulator (a) su (b) svc wifi disable (c) svc wifi enable - Still no wifi

I can see that after factory reset no wpa_supplicant.conf file has been generated. Ethernet is working fine though

Can anybody help me in this regard?

I receive my the box yesterday
    Plug it connect to wifi for about 10 minutes and then lost wifi
    I did do
    Restart
    Reset
    Start in recovery mode and clear cache
    No wifi still
    I will try to reinstall the 20180806 zip file tonight
    One thing that i saw is the Mac wifi address is 02:00 etc
    And before it was F0:27 etc.

Any way still no luck

Comment

These are not normal out of the box behaviors for this device, you guys... If you can, just return them, a buyer shouldn't start tampering with a device only to get a basic feaure like Wi-Fi working

Comment

I bought one of these boxes, same problem with wifi not turning on. Luckily I was within the 45 days of delivery. I was refunded & kept the box.

I did think about a wifi dongle, but it seems there are no android drivers

I have installed Coreelec, & the wifi dongle I already had,works.

Comment

Working...
        X