Phone as gamepad for Android TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone as gamepad for Android TV

I'm looking for a way to turn my phone into a gamepad for the android TV, the problem with it is that every solution I found so far use some kind of server app on the android TV box, that I would like to avoid, since I tried some of them and they messed up with keyboard, remote and other stuff connected to the TV.
    I don't really know how to set up the query for this search without ending reading tons of articles regarding dongles, physical gamepads, server apps, etc...
    The best result that I got is an old article about the will to turn the official Android TV remote controller app into a gamepad as well, since there are no news on that topic I suppose is an old and buried concept.
    Did some of you already looked this through founding something more relevant?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by FenriX89 View Post
    I'm looking for a way to turn my phone into a gamepad for the android TV, the problem with it is that every solution I found so far use some kind of server app on the android TV box, that I would like to avoid, since I tried some of them and they messed up with keyboard, remote and other stuff connected to the TV.
    I don't really know how to set up the query for this search without ending reading tons of articles regarding dongles, physical gamepads, server apps, etc...
    The best result that I got is an old article about the will to turn the official Android TV remote controller app into a gamepad as well, since there are no news on that topic I suppose is an old and buried concept.
    Did some of you already looked this through founding something more relevant?
    Thanks!
    Hi ,

only for Gaming or for navigate & act on your Box , what Box do you have ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Mecool M8S PRO L (LB), Android TV 7.1.2 Nougat (the custom ROM cooked by Magendanz) with bluetooth remote, it has native support for bluetooth controller with built in server.
      I would especally like it for emulators like FPSe, Super Retro and Mupen64Plus, but i would like to try Android TV games too with it...
      The difficulties in the query is that these emulators has touch support for their mobile version, since i want to split the touch support on my phone while screen and hadrware on the TV...
      The easiest solution is to buy a compatible gamepad but for now I can't! XD

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FenriX89 View Post
        Mecool M8S PRO L (LB), Android TV 7.1.2 Nougat (the custom ROM cooked by Magendanz) with bluetooth remote, it has native support for bluetooth controller with built in server.
        I would especally like it for emulators like FPSe, Super Retro and Mupen64Plus, but i would like to try Android TV games too with it...
        The difficulties in the query is that these emulators has touch support for their mobile version, since i want to split the touch support on my phone while screen and hadrware on the TV...
        The easiest solution is to buy a compatible gamepad but for now I can't! XD

Thanks!
        Hi ,

that is for sure the best Way , about 20Euro , i think already possible ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

yeah, i know that's possible, but i still would like to achieve this with my android

Comment

Working...
          X