Mecool m8s Pro L box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool m8s Pro L box?

question, i had he nexus rom installed on this box. yesterday i wanted to give CoreELEC a try so i did the nand install, the question i have is now when the box boots i see the Nexus logo/words first than the CoreELEC logo. i don't recall this happening when i had LibreELEC flashed to the nand and it boots, is this something i did wrong would like the remove the Nexus for now if i can. any ideas?

Thank you

Originally posted by LilSnoop40 View Post
    question, i had he nexus rom installed on this box. yesterday i wanted to give CoreELEC a try so i did the nand install, the question i have is now when the box boots i see the Nexus logo/words first than the CoreELEC logo. i don't recall this happening when i had LibreELEC flashed to the nand and it boots, is this something i did wrong would like the remove the Nexus for now if i can. any ideas?

Thank you
    I am running CoreELEC on my Mecool M8S Pro from a microSD card and it shows the same Nexus logo as it boots up. I am running Magendanz's modded Android TV OS firmware. I guess with this mod, it uses the Nexus boot loader, and that is why you see that at boot up.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

ok, thank you for explaining that sir your always very helpful. i made a bootable sd card yesterday then do the installtointernal. can't wait to try it out today and see how it runs i am hear good things. question. is it something new with the build of kodi that when install an addon that box pops up showing you everything else it will install?

Thank you

Comment

ok, thank you for explaining that sir your always very helpful. i made a bootable sd card yesterday then do the installtointernal. can't wait to try it out today and see how it runs i am hear good things. question. is it something new with the build of kodi that when install an addon that box pops up showing you everything else it will install?

Thank you
        That function of showing what ** processes ** get installed with each addon, has been around for awhile, don't recall when it started.

But running CoreELEC on these boxes is awesome, especially if you have a nice media center setup, with a 4k TV and surround sound. CoreELEC will passthrough ALL the HD audio codecs and and video codecs. Android on most devices, will NOT play videos encoded in VC-1 codec very well, but LibreELEC and CoreELEC play them flawlessly. CE and LE both support automatic frame changing to what the video is encoded with, in other words, most movies are made with 24fps, but most devices only output 60fps, which causes occasional frame drops to compensate, but CE and LE change the output to 24fps. Also, CE and LE support high bitrate UHD (4k) movies, that most Android boxes running Kodi, do NOT. But for hight bitrate UHD movies, your box needs a gigabit Ethernet connection, in our case, the Mecools only have 100mbs Ethernet, so we have to use a USB 2 gigabit Ethernet adapter, otherwise you get buffering.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

maybe i am not explaining the top question correct. i installed let's say 13Clowns addon(sorry if i can't talk about 3rd party addons, not sure if it's allowed) before it installs a box pops up and shows you all the other pieces that will install with that. i don't recall that in any other Kodi prior.

now onto CoreELEC, i decided to go back to the Linux version vs the Kodi .apk because i was getting some jittery here and there and the audio while watching a movie of show didn't seem right. meaning the talking was low and the sounds were very loud hoping this fixes that.

is there preferred ways to configure the audio/video setting on CoreELEC. for example i noticed a bunch of setting that were never there, when i get home i will post them maybe you can advise. i am over all very pleased with this box after the fan mod they run a cool 100*F

Thank you

Comment

maybe i am not explaining the top question correct. i installed let's say 13Clowns addon(sorry if i can't talk about 3rd party addons, not sure if it's allowed) before it installs a box pops up and shows you all the other pieces that will install with that. i don't recall that in any other Kodi prior.

now onto CoreELEC, i decided to go back to the Linux version vs the Kodi .apk because i was getting some jittery here and there and the audio while watching a movie of show didn't seem right. meaning the talking was low and the sounds were very loud hoping this fixes that.

is there preferred ways to configure the audio/video setting on CoreELEC. for example i noticed a bunch of setting that were never there, when i get home i will post them maybe you can advise. i am over all very pleased with this box after the fan mod they run a cool 100*F

Thank you
            That popup is normal to show what dependencies are being installed, I am missing the point of what you are asking about it.

The settings depend on what devices you have your box connected to, 4k TV and AVR. There is a white list for the video settings and it is for your TV settings, obviously, the 4K TV has more options for the settings ex. 3840x2160 at 60.00 Hz or 24 Hz, etc. Audio has selections for passthrough, if you have an AVR that supports HD audio, ex. DTS-HD or TrueHD...

Comment

Clarkss12, normal to kodi 18 as i don't ever recall seeing in on kodi 17 or below?

i have a few questions hopefully you can help as you seem to know ur shit. if my tv does 60hz do i leave the CoreELEC setting to that or do i changed it to the 23.98 as most tvs/movies are at that? from the photo's i have posted below do i just leave them as is or is there better setting. i have a sony sound bar that just takes HDMI's and they plug into the sub, how should i configure the audio?Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2018-12-20_18-44-30.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	755630

Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

As far as your audio, I am making the assumption that your sound bar supports Dolby Digital and DTS, so select "Allow Passthrough" and enable both DTS and DD, but not the HD audio unless your sound bar supports it ( here is what your bar supports. >> DTS decoder, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II)
                For the Video, go to system settings and then DISPLAY, click on the white list. Select the frame rate that your TV supports and click them. Ex. if you are in the US, and have a 1080P TV, you should be able to select 1080p 60Hz, 24Hz, etc.......... Set those settings first, then see how your media plays. This device WILL automatically change the frame rate to match your media that you are playing. Your TV remote should have a ** display ** button or something similar that will show you what frame rate is being fed to your TV.

Comment

Question about the audio setting for the output do i leave that as is set to default. i have 3 options the second being ALSA: AML-MBAUDIO, HDMI?
                  i enabled passthrough, enabled DD (AC3) capable receiver, enabled DD (Transcoding), enabled DTS capable receiver. are these what you had recommended i didn't c Pro Logic II?

i am trying to do a live chat with LG to see what refresh rates my tv supports as i am only seeing 60Hz LG 60PN5700-UA. i am living in the US

Thank you

Comment

Question about the audio setting for the output do i leave that as is set to default. i have 3 options the second being ALSA: AML-MBAUDIO, HDMI?
                    i enabled passthrough, enabled DD (AC3) capable receiver, enabled DD (Transcoding), enabled DTS capable receiver. are these what you had recommended i didn't c Pro Logic II?

i am trying to do a live chat with LG to see what refresh rates my tv supports as i am only seeing 60Hz LG 60PN5700-UA. i am living in the US

Thank you
                    Leave the audio settings at default except the one for DD and DTS. Disable the transcoding...........

Video, you are looking for frame rate........ Also, your media should be BlueRay to work, perhaps SOME DVD rips......

Do you have any BlueRay rips to test??

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Leave the audio settings at default except the one for DD and DTS. Disable the transcoding...........

Video, you are looking for frame rate........ Also, your media should be BlueRay to work, perhaps SOME DVD rips......

Do you have any BlueRay rips to test??
                      I enabled allow passthrough, enabled DD (AC3) capable receiver, enabled DTS capable receiver. Disabled the transcoding as you suggested

i will watch a bluray from ReleaseBB and let you know.

Thank you sir, appreciate your knowledge

Comment

Just out of curiosity, does the Netflix addon work at HD resolution on the S912? In the Coeeelec forum they say it doesn't because of lack of drivers. I can run Netflix at 720p on the S905x

Comment

Originally posted by mymo View Post
                          Just out of curiosity, does the Netflix addon work at HD resolution on the S912? In the Coeeelec forum they say it doesn't because of lack of drivers. I can run Netflix at 720p on the S905x
                          That is correct, the Netflix addon will NOT work in 1080p or even 720p on the S912 boxes, even at 480p the play back is crap. I am running CoreELEC on my Mecool M8S Pro and my Mecool KM8, so these are my observations.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

That is correct, the Netflix addon will NOT work in 1080p or even 720p on the S912 boxes, even at 480p the play back is crap. I am running CoreELEC on my Mecool M8S Pro and my Mecool KM8, so these are my observations.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X