Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble booting Corelec on Mecool M8S Pro L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble booting Corelec on Mecool M8S Pro L?

I'm having trouble to get CoreELEC to boot on my Mecool M8S Pro L. I have installed Corelec on a micro-SD and used the right dtb.img but have no succes when booting CoreELEC. It always boots Android TV. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Sjaool; 12-24-2018, 15:14.

Originally posted by Sjaool View Post
    I'm having trouble to get Corelec to boot on my Mecool M8S Pro L. I have installed Corelec on a micro-SD and used the right dtb.img but have no succes when booting Corelec. It always boots Android TV. What am I doing wrong?
    You must have the wrong dtb. In your microSD card you have a folder with all your device trees. Try different ones and see if it boots to CoreELEC.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

How are you rebooting? are you pressing the remote, contex button several times as you plug the power lead in, or are you rebooting from a android Terminal emulator typing reboot update

Comment

I'm just booting the Mecool M8S Pro L. The L version has no resetbutton and I wasn't aware of haven't read something about the contextbutton or Android Terminal Emulator. How does that work? Because there is no tutorial how to do this when you try to boot the Mecool M8S Pro L.

Comment

as I said, you can either press the context menu button on the remote, several times quickly, while plugging in the power lead.

Or install the android app Terminal emulator, & type reboot update

there is no tutorial, I found this out, by googling

Comment

bubblegum57 I'm Googlin' for a few days now but this is the first time I get some decent help. Thanks for that! I will fiddle some time with your suggestions.

Comment

I found the press the context menu button on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45IIjk-UXTw&t=126s

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post
                I found the press the context menu button on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45IIjk-UXTw&t=126s
                Okay, that works. But I bet you don't have to do the factory reset? Just a reboot? :P

[edit]
                CoreELEC would not boot with the context button but now I used Librelec and it boots just by pressing the contex button!
                CoreELEC is now bootiing too!
                Next step is to get the remote to work. :P
                [/edit]
                Last edited by Sjaool; 12-24-2018, 15:14.

Comment

If, the coreelec card is in, & has the correct device tree, it will reboot to coreelec, android will not be touched

try just reboot

Comment

bubblegum57 It's working fine now. Using the context button boots directly into CoreELEC. Is use Yatse as remote. Only thing is the voice remote which is not working so that is the next thing to fix. :P
                    Last edited by Sjaool; 12-24-2018, 23:01.

Comment

I don't think voice remote is supported in Coreelec or Libreelec. SPMC does apparently.

Comment

bubblegum57 that's a pity. But Yatse works perfectly. Now I just need to find out how to start CoreELEC via Wake On Lan. With my old Asrock htpc it worked perfectly. However the Mecool M8S Pro L is something different.

Comment

You could read this https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/h96...y-mode/1814/68

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post
                            Thanks a lot! It's an interesting read.

Comment

Working...
                            X