mecool pro+ remote control issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mecool pro+ remote control issue

I recently ordered a couple of Mecool Pro+ boxes from Gearsbest. They were sent without the remote controls. I'm currently waiting on them to send me the missing remotes, but it will take at least another few weeks to arrive. When I power on the boxes, I only get a screen saying the remote is not found and needs to be connected. It starts scanning for the remotes and asks me to hold the OK and "-" buttons. I tried using other remotes with the usb dongles plugged in to the box, but it won't recognize any of them. Does anyone know any way to get around this until I receive the other remotes? Thanks

There is a workaround on this by using your Smart phone as remote. Try first enabling Bluetooth on your smartphone and pair it with your mecool they come with bt enabled. Once paired download from Playstore the Android TV remote app and once installed use it as your remote it should work fine.

Let me know if success!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I was able to get my phone to attempt a pair with the box, but the connection failed. There was an option on the box asking me to click to allow my phone to pair with it, but without the remote I couldn't do anything. After the connection failed it went to the Welcome screen asking me to choose a language. Same thing happened when I tried pairing with the Android TV app.

Thanks again!

Comment

That's odd it worked well on my mecool Pro L. Mine came with a defective remote. My advice, get a full refund and buy a Xiomi Box you won't regret trust me.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X