Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeCool M8S Pro LB Bluetooth remote is disabling internet for all devices connected to my router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeCool M8S Pro LB Bluetooth remote is disabling internet for all devices connected to my router

Heya,

so about half a year ago or so I bought a MeCool M8S Pro LB (the version of it that comes with the normal IR remote). I flashed it with the firmware that usually comes with the same box when you order it with the bluetooth remote (M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213) afterwards and used it like that until recently without any issues (the reason I flashed it was because the box came with a phone android version and I wanted it to have the ATV version). Then I found the identical Bluetooth remote that comes with the MeCool M8s Pro L/LB box on aliexpress and ordered it (kind of regret not buying the version of the box that comes with the BT remote in the first place). The remote paired with the TV Box without any issues and it navigates flawlessly. The problem is... when the remote is paired over bluetooth and I try to watch videos/browse the internet on the TV box suddenly all devices that are connected to my router over wifi including the TV box lose connection to the internet (they are all still connected to the router's wifi though, they just lose internet connectivity). Once I turn off the TV box all other devices have internet access again. There are rare times when this doesn't happen and I can watch videos on the TV box but it usually doesn't last long. I tried flashing it with other firmware versions including the Nexus ones and the original android phone version ROM the box came with but it's still the same. Checked my router's settings to see if there's anything I could do but without success. The internet works normally when I navigate the box over the BT remote's IR function. It's only when I pair it over BT and try accessing anything on the internet that I lose internet on all my devices. Tried connecting the BT remote to my phone and there were no internet issues. Also tried pairing my phone to my TV Box over BT and it also worked normally, so I'm assuming it's the combination of the bluetooth remote and TV box that's causing the issue?

Does anyone have an idea of what the cause could be and if there's a way to fix this. Thanks in advance.

I have same problem. I just plug and unplug RJ45 line and network revival.

Comment

Working...
    X