Mecool BB2 Pro - Won't boot, logo stuch only with MicroSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool BB2 Pro - Won't boot, logo stuch only with MicroSD

Hi folks! I have a Mecool BB2 Pro, some days ago I tried to flash a Custom Rom, but it failed!
    I had to make an hard reset and flashed the stock ROM, shortcircuiting the pins of the Nand. Now it won't boot, no video signal; if I put a MicroSD with a recovery.img instead, it stucks with the Mecool logo. Any guess?

Short the Pins again while using PC and AMLogic USB Burning Tool to flash the stock ROM. Always after you have messed up the installation with SDcard you must use Burning Tool to recover the device now.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Short the Pins again while using PC and AMLogic USB Burning Tool to flash the stock ROM. Always after you have messed up the installation with SDcard you must use Burning Tool to recover the device now.
      I tried several times with different ROMs, but I get everytime the same error at 98% complete.
      u boot/partition boot/verify partition/error result

Comment

Are you using the latest version of AMLogic USB Burning Tool? Believe it is version 2.1.7.0

Comment

Are you using the latest version of AMLogic USB Burning Tool? Believe it is version 2.1.7.0
          I reinstalled the software and now the flash has completed; but still black screen and no video signal.
          Last edited by Powarock72; 08-17-2019, 10:35.

Comment

When I insert he microSD only the logo boot up.

UP: I put TWRP 3.0.1 in the MicroSD and I managed to enter into twrp. Now it said that there's not internal storage (0 MB). It's a bad sign?
            Last edited by Powarock72; 08-17-2019, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Powarock72 View Post
              I reinstalled the software and now the flash has completed; but still black screen and no video signal.
              Ok, are you installing your Custom ROM ??? or a factory stock firmware to recover your device?

I ask this because the AMLtools that are made my Ricky D. don't always work 100% of the time on windows, takes some manipulation to get them to work correctly; so some versions of the tool loses your File_contexts or Selinux context which causes the firmware not to install correctly where it won't boot. This would also cause the problem of the kernel not installing a DATA.partition or internal /sdcard/ for storage.

So to be safe whenever you are recovering your device to working status again you must install a factory stock image or another custom ROM that you know works 100%.

Comment

Ok, are you installing your Custom ROM ??? or a factory stock firmware to recover your device?

I ask this because the AMLtools that are made my Ricky D. don't always work 100% of the time on windows, takes some manipulation to get them to work correctly; so some versions of the tool loses your File_contexts or Selinux context which causes the firmware not to install correctly where it won't boot. This would also cause the problem of the kernel not installing a DATA.partition or internal /sdcard/ for storage.

So to be safe whenever you are recovering your device to working status again you must install a factory stock image or another custom ROM that you know works 100%.

Thanks for the help! I managed to install the stock ROM! Apparently I wasn't flashing the right one!

Comment

Glad to hear.

If you want a custom ROM to try, check out atvXperience version v2FF for ddr ram should work for your device. I believe there was several success stories getting it to run on your device over on the atvX forum. YouTubers have several videos posted to show how it looks and runs if you want to give it a try. https://atvxperience.com

Comment

Working...
                  X