New Firware: MECOOL BB2 Android 6.0 Amlogic S912 TV BOX

BB2 USB: https://mega.nz/#F!WE0UlRiZ!o_XOEZqiKfDw9VJ9aUGNnA
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Anyone installed this one??

Comment

Yes good update install it. 😁
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Installed, very good!
        x265 OK, x265 10bit OK, 4K mostly OK(little lipsync problem).
        Only detected problem is just a little frame drops sometime in Kodi, so not perfect.

Comment

I am trying to install the latest Ota and I get this error.
          Why this happening.
          With the first Ota before 2-3 months installed without problem.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

New firmware:
            https://mega.nz/#F!3NdEmILC!ASBWA2gg2_ynoflSHt9-uA

BB2-OTA.261108.180708.v0701

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

i need help i have a lots of problem whit my box kodi closed all the time and give error i try to update BB2-OTA.261108.180708.v0701 and send me to recovery mode

Comment

Originally posted by afgp87 View Post
                i need help i have a lots of problem whit my box kodi closed all the time and give error i try to update BB2-OTA.261108.180708.v0701 and send me to recovery mode
                system/settings/video/accelaration/disable amcodec

Comment

This update is fine. now everything plays (mostly) well. 4K and even HDR is playable.
                  This issue with not recognizing Wired Ethernet card upon boot is also solved.

Instructions for update:
                  Download the .ZIp file from: https://mega.nz/#F!3NdEmILC!ASBWA2gg2_ynoflSHt9-uA and put it onto USB stick.
                  Put the stick into BB2, Go to OTA update program and select local update. You do NOT need to select wipe data or media!
                  Select the file from USB stick and let it update.
                  Upon reboot, go to storage/reset from settings, select cache and wipe the cache.
                  That's all.

Comment

why Ota it does not work?

Comment

kodi still crashes after the update....only if you disable the accelaration of amcodec on kodi video settings it works!But the box is fast...also has many bugs on the homescreen many times apps on favorites are missing nad you have to reboot the box to show them...

Comment

Originally posted by bugatsinho View Post
                        kodi still crashes after the update....only if you disable the accelaration of amcodec on kodi video settings it works!But the box is fast...also has many bugs on the homescreen many times apps on favorites are missing nad you have to reboot the box to show them...
                        Seems you have problems with installation. You might factory reset the system to try to solve it (this is from settings).

Comment

Originally posted by tomsag View Post

Seems you have problems with installation. You might factory reset the system to try to solve it (this is from settings).
                          so in your box the kodi doesnt crash? and with amcodec enabled?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bugatsinho; 11-28-2016, 03:34.

Comment

I have kodi 17 beta 3 (the original which came with the box) installed and it works (there is no amlogic HW switch). The other one which is installed (a 16.1 fork) works also with amlogic hw enabled (but this one is only for test installed).

Comment

Originally posted by tomsag View Post
                              I have kodi 17 beta 3 (the original which came with the box) installed and it works (there is no amlogic HW switch). The other one which is installed (a 16.1 fork) works also with amlogic hw enabled (but this one is only for test installed).
                              as i learnt kodi 17 not support amlogic codecs...only mediacodecs from google!so thats why on kodi17 the app doesnt crash!on kodi16.1 unfortunately the kodi crashes with amcodec enabled

Comment

Working...
                              X