This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
    Well that is your choice, this ones from me only going to see a "normal" android version and no ATV..
    And all depends if you need VP9 or not in the future!
    What does V9 do and does that work on "normal" custom rom ?

Comment

Originally posted by arico1234 View Post

What does V9 do and does that work on "normal" custom rom ?
      VP9... do a google search to see what is it is and what is does, and where is needed!
      And no VP9 is not working on any rom.. stock included, its a hw problem like i said!!

Comment

VP9... do a google search to see what is it is and what is does, and where is needed!
        And no VP9 is not working on any rom.. stock included, its a hw problem like i said!!
        If I understood well it's a codec developed by Google... It's used to play many videos by the YouTube app on android TV roms.
        Why glitches are not present on "normal" roms? Is there a different YouTube app?

Coming back to TV box choice... Do you know if Beelink GT1 ultimate has a different motherboard respect to Yoka and Vorke?
        Did you had the chance to put your hands also on this box?

​​​​​​

Comment

Hello superceIeron am trying to boot into recovery mode in your on . And when the box is rebooting the I have a problem and I see nothing and the tv is saying mode is not supported I tried on an other TV and there it doesn't bring nothing up . Do you thing are the tvs or maybe the hdmi cable . I really don't won't to do something just checking out everything on the rom .

Comment

Originally posted by vitucciog View Post

If I understood well it's a codec developed by Google... It's used to play many videos by the YouTube app on android TV roms.
            Why glitches are not present on "normal" roms? Is there a different YouTube app?

Coming back to TV box choice... Do you know if Beelink GT1 ultimate has a different motherboard respect to Yoka and Vorke?
            Did you had the chance to put your hands also on this box?

​​​​​​
            Because "normal" roms forces the use of avc1 codec in youtube(enable stats in youtube settings and you see the codec in use)
            Well is possible that i will be getting a Ultimate... we shall see!

Comment

superceleron

How do I change FTMC to krypton . Do I just uninstall FTMC and install Krypton instead ? Will I be able to launch krypton from main launcher icon then ?

Comment

Yes that will work
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                  Yes that will work
                  Were you reffering to my post ? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by arico1234 View Post

Were you reffering to my post ? :-)
                    Yes
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

And btw what is difference between FTMC and Kodi Krypton ?

Comment

Krypton newer, does not support certain things as well as FTMC or SPMC..
                        Install it, don't like it, uninstall and put FTMC...only way to find it is have a go
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I need the original stock Firmware to go back to the original version as nothing is working properly. Is there some place to hold/download it and install on the SD Card?

Thanks

------------------------------------------
                          Edit:

I've found the original stock firmware from here ( https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware...61209-release/ ) and flashed it back.

Thanks
                          Last edited by Rutilicus; 03-04-2017, 12:26.

Comment

So if i rls the rom bear in mind youtube wont play all the videos and kodi/ftmc/spmc dont play vp9 files.
                            THIS WAS TESTED IN 2 MECOOL BB2 PRO, 1 VORKE Z1 AND 1 YOKA KB2 PRO.
                            Hi Superceleron,

It's hard to believe that my Vorke Z1 cannot play VP9 videos, so I have put the last Z1 stock Rom and I went to play VP9 videos (4K) on my box. Here my results:

Youtube won't play any 4k Videos, but I dunno maybe it's because youtube detected that I don't have enough Internet's speed... Only I can play until 1080P resolution with youtube.

Then I have download two VP9 files (official Kodi sample Test):

The World in HDR and The Redwoods (both 4k and VP9),and I can play perfectly well both files with Kodi, SMPC or with the movieplayer (stock player).
                            SMPC said that the files are VP9 profile 2, so in my box is working well.. but I dunno which motherboard version is...

are you sure that is a problem with the motherboard and not a problem with the kernel or hardware codec that are you using on your Rom?

Comment

Originally posted by Nilhar View Post

are you sure that is a problem with the motherboard and not a problem with the kernel or hardware codec that are you using on your Rom?
                              Yes im sure, because its the same kernel source.. and framework that is working 100% ok on H96 and GT1/S92 and now (still to rls) Khadas Vim!

Also check the review of CNX on the video part (he used the stock rom)

Comment

Yes im sure, because its the same kernel source.. and framework that is working 100% ok on H96 and GT1/S92 and now (still to rls) Khadas Vim!

Also check the review of CNX on the video part (he used the stock rom)

http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/01/...nchmarks-kodi/
                                I have read it and I have downloaded 2 videos:

tara-no9-vp9.webm and The.Curvature.of.Earth.4K.60FPS-YT-UceRgEyfSsc.VP9.

The guy said that with these 2 videos VP9 the avt Won’t play, stays in UI.

But I can play both videos in my Z1.... Tara perfect smooth, and the curvature wasn't perfect (it plays well but not 100% smooth all time).
                                My conclusions:

But clearly the CNX's guy cannot, but he said than don't know why... It can be his TV, his HDMI cable or anything..(Hi said with any s912 cannot play VP9 files, is very strange, not?)

My Z1 was bought a month ago, and It came with the last firmware installed and maybe it has a new motherboard ( I don't know).

So, Why I can play VP9 with the stock firmware and others cannot?

There's something wrong there... But I have the suspicious that it can be a compatibility problem with the s912 and some TVs..

Comment

Working...
                                X