Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool/Acemax KIII PRO SCV1 ("Normal" Android)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Can I get your first stock rom of this box?

Comment

superceleron

This script in /etc/init.d/ added at startup would be enough to change the MAC.

su
      busybox ifconfig eth0 down
      busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether 01:23:45:67:89:ab (change the values of your desired mac address)
      busybox ifconfig eth0 up

The script is complete or something is missing.
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cataplas View Post
        superceleron

This script in /etc/init.d/ added at startup would be enough to change the MAC.

su
        busybox ifconfig eth0 down
        busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether 01:23:45:67:89:ab (change the values of your desired mac address)
        busybox ifconfig eth0 up

The script is complete or something is missing.
        Thank you.
        looks complete from here!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
          Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
          This is a simple one this time!
          Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
          Many Thks to my beta tester trebor

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!!

Changelog V1:
          • Based on latest stock!
          • Cleaned lots of stuff...
          • Added TWRP
          • General optimization and how the ram is used, should better now.
          • Permissions fixed.
          • Added Xposed Framework
          • Custom Wetek WebOs launcher (Many thks to wetek for let me use it)
          • - Menu Button is king on this launcher, its used to add remove icons on the main screen, also to remove widgets.
          • - Long press on the default icons on desktop you can change them to other apps (White Logos...)
          • - Long press on the icons you add to the deskop and you can rearrange them.
          • Live Wallpapers, you can control it in "Settings -> Display -> Daydream." ( you guys need to chose "Backdrop" and add a timer, like 5 min etc... )
          • Working ATV google remote control!
          • Netflix, youtube playstore...etc... fully working
          • 4k Youtube support!
          • Updated DTV App to the latest one.
          • FTMC Build 26.
          • Cast working ( May take a bit to work... )
          • Added lots of Kl's
          • Gapps updated!
          • Proper Root
          • initd.d support.
          • Xbox360 wireless Gamepad, original and Chinese clones?!(well it works with my clone adapter...)
          • PS3/PS4 gamepad support(only with cable...)
          • Fixed auto frame switch in kodi. It only works on FTMC(included) SPMC 16.6.0, on kodi 16.1 doesn't work because is to old(misses a lot of fixes for the new S9xx devices), Kodi 17 its a it and miss this days!
          • And other little stuff...
          Bugs V1:
          • Dont Update for the latest Netflix App... it will stop working if you do, you guys need to complain to neflix for the stuff they are doing....
          • I bet you guys/girls tell me if they are more
          Want to buy me a beer?Download:Install instructions:
          • Open usb burning tool, load the rom and untick erase bootloader.
          • 1º - OTG port its the usb port near the sdcard the upper one
          • 2º - Press the reset button and add the usb cable and leave it pressed (you need it for step 3...)
          • 3º - Release and press again the reset button quickly and then connect the power cord.
          • 4º - Flash....
          Where to buy:1º BOOT TAKES AROUND 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!

Hi everyone,

I tried Netflix (installed using an apk file) but it don't work, It says "video play problem, try later (5.2)".

Any suggestion or workaroud?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by geppo View Post

Hi everyone,

I tried Netflix (installed using an apk file) but it don't work, It says "video play problem, try later (5.2)".

Any suggestion or workaroud?

thanks
            as wrote on bugs section, using orginal rom Netflix app (without updates) all works correctly

Comment

Originally posted by geppo View Post

as wrote on bugs section, using orginal rom Netflix app (without updates) all works correctly
              Yes you cant update, netflix and their sh*ts....

Comment

i have been trying to scan the OTA channels in my area with out luck. there is not region for USA in the DVT app to select to.
                the main selling point of this box (the OTA reciver) does not work in USA.

Comment

USA does requires ASTC tuners for there local TV reception.

Source:

Not all countries are compatible within each standard DVB-T, ATSC (North America), DTMB (China), ISDB (of which there are two incompatible variations used in Japan and South America respectively).

Countries that have adopted digital terrestrial recently may have a single MPEG4 based system for SD and HD, while countries with more established system may use MPEG2 for SD and MPEG4 for HD. There are also variations in middleware used. For example, Italy, Ireland and the UK are all DVB-T regions, but Ireland uses "MPEG4 + MHEG5 + DVB-T" for both SD and HD transmissions, while the UK uses "MPEG2 + MHEG5 + DVB-T" for SD and "MPEG4 + MHEG5 + DVB-T2" for HDTV, and Italy uses MHP rather than MHEG5 middleware. Since all MPEG4-capable receivers can decode the MPEG2 codec and all DVB-T2 tuners are capable of tuning DVB-T signals, UK HD set-top boxes are compatible with both the UK SD system and Irish SD/HD system, but Irish SD/HD tuners will only work with the SD system used in the UK. Digital cable broadcast tends to be DVB-C or very similar QAM in almost all countries. Broadband on cable is mostly DOCSIS which is DVB-C on the download path. This is important when buying a TV or set-box online rather than from a local retailer who would normally only stock the compatible system. Incompatible retail products are a severe problem in emerging retail digital markets where a neighbouring country has an older standard and dominates the retail trade, such as UK Freeview (rather than compatible "Freeview HD") products in Ireland.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

superceleron

Is in roadmap a nougat (7.xx) version of this great ROM?

thanks

Comment

• superceleron
                      superceleron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not from me, sorry!
                      That is a job for the vendor!

Well im will be updating this box to 7 after all lol, maybe next week!

Comment

Well im will be updating this box to 7 after all lol, maybe next week!
                      How is work going on nougat (7.xx) version of this great ROM

Comment

• superceleron
                        superceleron commented
                        Editing a comment
                        well is going, needed to stop it for a bit because im on vacations and my kids/wife/me need to go out beach etc etc..

Screenshots please, dtv sreenshot too, thanks

Comment

Superceleron, many thanks for your greater work, I've KI - KII - KIII Pro boxes all with your modded firmware... it's amazing. I'm waiting for the new update of the kIII pro, and I noticed that mecool or acemax have released a new firmware in 30/08/2017, so may be they have fixed something cause they released 3 firmware in august, I don't know because I didn't try it, I'm waiting for your mod. I have a question... I've obtained the keys for widevine 1 + hdcp for kI pro, ok, but for the kIII pro there is no keys, why? kIII Pro is more expensive and more outdated, in the spec. there is write widievine level 1 optional, same as KI pro but at today I've see nothing or I'm messing something? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by G3nTo0 View Post
                          Superceleron, many thanks for your greater work, I've KI - KII - KIII Pro boxes all with your modded firmware... it's amazing. I'm waiting for the new update of the kIII pro, and I noticed that mecool or acemax have released a new firmware in 30/08/2017, so may be they have fixed something cause they released 3 firmware in august, I don't know because I didn't try it, I'm waiting for your mod. I have a question... I've obtained the keys for widevine 1 + hdcp for kI pro, ok, but for the kIII pro there is no keys, why? kIII Pro is more expensive and more outdated, in the spec. there is write widievine level 1 optional, same as KI pro but at today I've see nothing or I'm messing something? Thanks
                          From what i know (internal sources) their will be a L1 firmware (with keys to flash just like KI Pro) and that is what im waiting for to make a update big update!

Comment

From what i know (internal sources) their will be a L1 firmware (with keys to flash just like KI Pro) and that is what im waiting for to make a update big update!

Good news, so in the meanwhile all what I can do is to pray... xD

Comment

Working...
                            X