Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lepa71 View Post
    @Magendanz

How do I switch from this to TV version and back if I need to? Any recommendations?

I recommend a data wipe when switching between ATV and non-ATV variants, either by checking the box during the update or by using the Amlogic burn package (.img file). That will give you a fresh, factory install.

@Magendanz
    Does it mean I can I use OTA with wipe checkbox checked during OTA update?

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. (Adding additional characters because this darn forum has a 10 character minimum.)

Guest ...
    Somewhat off topic
    - After running your last nano build (march 10?)
    What is the net positive take-away for this pro oem build?

-- Recently, I did stumble upon the split screen option, so apparently I still have features to learn from your March rom.
    * A system/ data wipe (factory reset) is required?

Unrelated ... About to re-aquire a gt1 ultimate device... I thought you had built a few ROMs for it..
    If so, can't locate your work. Set me straight plz
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

I have stock rom 20170817.103347.v0321 . The box is root ( su ) and having twrp recovery . How can updating to the last stock firmware without lose data ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Just install using the Update app. Be sure to check Wipe Data option.

Originally posted by paiktaras69 View Post
    I have stock rom 20170817.103347.v0321 . The box is root ( su ) and having twrp recovery . How can updating to the last stock firmware without lose data ?
    ok thanks ! this img ? ( MECOOL M8S PRO 20180412.img)
    But if check wipe data i lose all settings ?
    Last edited by paiktaras69; 09-04-2018, 23:13.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you will lose settings and installed apps, but I still recommend doing a "clean install" like this. Many of your settings will be backed up, however, if you've signed in with a Google account.

I've been running 20180310 on a KM8P for a while now (i don't need wifi anyway), and it has been running completely smoothly. Upgraded to 20180829 a few days ago, same thing, spins happily.

However, on both revisions, i have had the dreaded "black square" syndrome. When i reboot, the arrow cursor is replaced by a black square, and it remains that way until i hover over a text input field (like the "rename app/folder" options in the Apex or Nova launchers), then all is fine till reboot.

A Google search shows a lot of people asking the same question, but i cannot find an answer that makes sense.

Note, though, that switching to large cursor in Accessibility eliminates the problem, but yikes, i'd rather avoid that!

Any of you kind people out there know how i can fix it?

Comment

Please clarify for me:
      The update between these two, Does Not require a factory reset?

The expected changes to the former "L" based rom are, solely listed in the Change log...
      And, the Nano Variant?
      • **Beyond the above description, No major UI changes are likely to be noticed?
      • YOUR opinion / insight on aAlwinner SOC would be appreciated too

Changelog (20180310):
      Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928

Nano Nexus variant:
      • Open GApps Nano Package
      • Google Now Launcher (replaces OEM Launcher)
      • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
      • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
      • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
      • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
      • Terminal app from LineageOS
      • TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 by TeamWin
      Changelog (20180829):
      Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
      • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
      • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
      • Latest build from Open GApps (20180828)
      Last edited by ClarkKent; 09-13-2018, 03:36. Reason: Format changes
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Guys, i'm a little stuck here:

I have a M8S Pro (actually bought on behalf of a colleague, I actually use a BB2 Pro myself).

I deliberately bought the Pro (as opposed to the 'L') because I wanted standard Android, not ATV.

Upon receiving the device I was disappointed to realise that youtube, playstore etc were ATV. I then started researching the options and eventually found this thread and downloaded the Nexus firmware and installed and everyting works fine EXCEPT for youtube, where I get terrible purple and green corruption on videos in 1080p. I also get options to set the resolution higher than 1080p, which I don't see on my BB2 (presumably because the box recognises the connected TV's 1080p maximum capabilities.)

I have found a mention of the same problem in this thread, but I do not understand the solution! I will post in this thread later on to see if I can get some clarification:

The only other option I've got is to install the 20171030 firmware, which I THINK is standard Android and may therefore sort my problems...

any pointers appreciated. I'm kind of wishing i'd got another BB2 pro really!

Comment

OK, I managed to reflash 20171030 using the TWRP recovery that was installed with the Nexus ROM (it was the fixed version from Magandanz), However this is still ATV.

I have "MECOOL M8S PRO SD 20170817.zip" which I now think is *normal* android, however I cant flash it through the standard recovery (giving a cant flash older ROM message), and I cant flash through TWRP (giving this ROM Is for M8SPRO and this device is a q20x message).

Can anyone advise how I can modify the 20170817 ROM to make it flashable and thus get back to a standard Android where I can use you tube?

thanks IA!

Comment

Thank you for this topic Guest !

Very easy and fast to install !

Comment

Originally posted by S0L0 View Post
              Thank you for this topic Guest !

Very easy and fast to install !
              what did you install?

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

what did you install?
                First, Stock Variant: OTA UPDATE (824MB ZIP file) and then ATV version.

Comment

How do I switch between mouse and arrows with the remote? Once I click on mouse button on the remote I get stock with mouse control.

Comment

What's the main difference between nano and stock variant? I installed one before for my M8s but don't remember which one

Comment

I've used both Nano and Stock and Ethernet still doesn't work

Anyone with this problem?

Comment

Guys, please help

I'm getting the dreaded 0x10303004 romcode error result while trying to flash either nano or stock version of ROMs.
                        I also tried with the original MECOOL M8S PRO 20180412.img from but the problem persists, flashing starts once I connect the box and stops at 4%
                        Has anyone had any luck solving this?

Comment

Working...
                        X