Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post

Hi MoMuChi and all who need to revert to OEM firmware.

In my case a successfully revert to OEM formware with this step:

1- download firmware in ZIP file (SD format)
    2- extract from this zip recovery.img and put it on SD in root folder
    3. copy zip file on SD in root folder
    4. insert SD into m8s and with reset button pushed, turnon device until recovy show
    5. using remote controll, choose if i remember correctly to flash a ZIP file browse to external storage
    6 i suggest you to reset fto default at 1st boot with OEM firmware or clear cache before reboot

Hope this can help you.

error its said not match.. model q21x with M8S PRO

Comment

Any chance to have wifi and bt chipset driver zip pack for yokatv kb2 pro?

Comment

Originally posted by nitro82 View Post
        Hello guys, for first compliments to Magendanz for this wonderful firmware. Yesterday I received my M8S Pro (not L) and the first thing I have done is to remove original fw and install this one. I knew that only the L version has the L1 widewine but installing DRM Info it tells me that this one has L1 too. It is possible or is only a DRM Info error? I tried to install Netflix but worked only Breaking Bad (at HD resolution) and other series play only audio or freeze the whole system needing a reboot. Anyone that has bought this unit in the last days has L1 in DRM Info? Thanks and sorry for my english.
        Hi Nitro82. My M8S Pro (not L) has it too. It's the 3gb RAM version.

I wanted Netflix TV version because of the better interface for remote control and I'm afraid of replacing the factory ROM. It works the mobile version of netflix and works 1080P and I don't want to lose that.

I wish someone could explain me if I install this update, even if it's not possible to use TV version from Netflix the generic version still delivers 1080 videos.

And sorry for my english too

Comment

• scooter2014
          scooter2014 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where is link to firmware for the 3 gig firmware for this I havent seen a 905x firmware for 3 gig other then z69 can you post a link?

scooter2014 my box has a s912 processor. Sorry the comment option is not showing for me.

Where is link to firmware for the 3 gig firmware for this I havent seen a 905x firmware for 3 gig other then z69 can you post a link?

Comment

Thanks for this ROM it's superb - makes the interface feel so much more polished. I'm not a developer or anything just an amateur with a bit of an interest in tech. So thought I'd give a bit of feeback on my experience using this rom:

It appears I have the Widevine level 1 support on my Mecool M8s Pro (2GB DDR4 16GB Memory) too. With this ATV Rom most apps run brilliantly (mobdro, terrarium, popcorn time, kodi, cartoon HD), I even get YouTube in 4k.

When trying to add a new user account in settings it crashes which is a shame as would be good to toggle between accounts for youtube video personalisation.

Netflix for TV installs, logs in fine but then crashes the whole system when trying to play a video - I can hear audio but it buffers to 25% and freezes. The regular Netflix app works fine but is only SD quality and the resolution looks really poor. I thought perhaps it could be due to the ROM being pre-rooted but I tried the script 'UnrootGT1.zip' in twrp to remove root but it didn't unroot the box so I am unsure if that would sort the problem with the Netflix TV app.

The android remote app works great to control the box from my phone. Unfortunately the Google Cast doesn't work at all so I can't send youtube videos from the phone app to the tv box, even though it broadcasts itself. I installed Airpin pro on the box as a DLNA server and that works well, just won't control the youtube app on the box.

Lastly Amazon Prime Video crashes when a video starts playing in it. Suppose official streaming apps require a lot more certification checks?

Oh and the Bluetooth audio bug that cuts in and out when connected but hopefully that will be fixed in future as stated, other Bluetooth connections seem to work fine.

I'm not sure if there is a way to block ads in apps on Android TV, does anyone have any ideas? Maybe adguard?

Comment

Originally posted by slinkyg View Post
            Thanks for this ROM it's superb - makes the interface feel so much more polished. I'm not a developer or anything just an amateur with a bit of an interest in tech. So thought I'd give a bit of feeback on my experience using this rom:

It appears I have the Widevine level 1 support on my Mecool M8s Pro (2GB DDR4 16GB Memory) too. With this ATV Rom most apps run brilliantly (mobdro, terrarium, popcorn time, kodi, cartoon HD), I even get YouTube in 4k.

When trying to add a new user account in settings it crashes which is a shame as would be good to toggle between accounts for youtube video personalisation.

Netflix for TV installs, logs in fine but then crashes the whole system when trying to play a video - I can hear audio but it buffers to 25% and freezes. The regular Netflix app works fine but is only SD quality and the resolution looks really poor. I thought perhaps it could be due to the ROM being pre-rooted but I tried the script 'UnrootGT1.zip' in twrp to remove root but it didn't unroot the box so I am unsure if that would sort the problem with the Netflix TV app.

The android remote app works great to control the box from my phone. Unfortunately the Google Cast doesn't work at all so I can't send youtube videos from the phone app to the tv box, even though it broadcasts itself. I installed Airpin pro on the box as a DLNA server and that works well, just won't control the youtube app on the box.

Lastly Amazon Prime Video crashes when a video starts playing in it. Suppose official streaming apps require a lot more certification checks?

Oh and the Bluetooth audio bug that cuts in and out when connected but hopefully that will be fixed in future as stated, other Bluetooth connections seem to work fine.

I'm not sure if there is a way to block ads in apps on Android TV, does anyone have any ideas? Maybe adguard?
            Install DRM info from the play store and check the Widevine version on your box. Unless you received the "L" version of the Mecool M8S Pro, you do not have Widevine level 1, and it only plays Netflix in SD, not HD.....
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

DRM info says it's supported. I noticed it had it on the original stock rom where the DRM app was preinstalled.

Another note I found is PS3 controller pairing works brilliantly!
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by slinkyg View Post
                DRM info says it's supported. I noticed it had it on the original stock rom where the DRM app was preinstalled.

Another note I found is PS3 controller pairing works brilliantly!
                You must have an L model. I just tested my PRO and it is level 3...... You are lucky..
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

It doesn't say it's an L anywhere on it, but even so it's still not letting Netflix TV app work (or HD playback) which I thought was the main benefit of having it

Comment

Indulge my beginners query ....does the build prop. here suggest widevine is present? Or actively available? Possibly missing OEM builders Key?
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You really can't tell from the build.prop if Widevine L1 key is installed, since it's in the TrustZone secure key store. You need to use DRMInfo.

Does anyone know of any way to unroot this rom?

Comment

• You really can't tell from the build.prop if Widevine L1 key is installed, since it's in the TrustZone secure key store. You need to use DRMInfo.
                        • I ran one , as suggested above and it came back "unsupported L3". Something to that effect.
                        • Meaning the box is capable... but Not, and won't, be given 'key' permission/ authorized?
                      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

It should look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rclaxj.png
Views:	280
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	680688

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          It should look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rclaxj.png
Views:	280
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	680688
                          Ok, my DRMInfo shows like this. So, Guest , if I install this custom ROM will this key stay valid? Does that means I will be able to run apps like Netflix?

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, as long as you don't check the Overwrite Key checkbox. (Force Erase All might do it too, but definitely not the default settings.)

Of course, Widevine L3 isn't worth much, and won't let you run Netflix for Android TV, which requires Widevine L1. You can sideload the non-ATV version of Netflix, though.

So a bit of a query for you... I've managed to remove root by installing SuperSU and removing root. Now trying to get SafetyNet to pass - it fails on Basic Integrity and CTS profile match. Can't get very far on the Magisk route without an unpatched stock boot image from what I've read so I'm not sure what to try from here.

Hoping that once everything is locked down it should allow Netflix TV to work... maybe!, Or at least let Vevo, All 4, Amazon Prime to actually stream video instead of just a black screen).

Comment

Working...
                          X