Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you watch Youtube in 4K or is it just 1080P?

Comment

Hi Magendanz

I have a Mecool m8s Pro 3g/16g.
      I flashed my Sd card (4go) with BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2 and the file M8S_PRO-V0321_TVStock-20170730
      When i boot in recovery mode, with the sd card in tlhe slot, the upgrade start and freeze after few second and... nothing more (Just, the screen turn black slowy and i hear some noise in the speakers)

Any idea why ?
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you try flashing with USB Burning Tool? (You'll need a USB Type A male-to-male cable.)

Thanks for the reply, i test as soon as I find one ^^

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Remember to connect your cable to the left USB jack while simultaneously pressing the reset switch (located via pinhole on the bottom). That's the only cable that's needed, since USB OTG supplies power.

Hi I have the Mecool KM8 P and seems to be bricked having done the following

1. I downloaded the latest (20170807) OTA UPDATE (521MB ZIP file) from OP onto USB stick.
      2. I selected local update from update app and box stated it was "installing firmware"

Now I only have black screen!

Have tried using toothpick to reset and insert powercord at same time to boot into recovery (using the USB stick) but no luck.

I dont have a male to male USB cable to use the burning tool, so questions are as follows

1. Did I use the correct method and files to flash the firmware?

2. How can I unbrick the KM8 P box and restore the original firmware? Do I use one of the update files or do I need stock firmware.

Any pointers and advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The KM8 P seems to have an additional partition, so you'll have to flash with a full burn package (.img file) using USB Burning Tool or Bootcardmaker. Otherwise, the device trees look pretty similar. Some stuff (like LEDs, wireless chipsets or IR remote codes) might not match, but it should boot. I just don't have a KM8 P, so I haven't been able to test it.

I did just confirm that the update you linked above works just fine on an M8S PRO running stock 20170524.163713.V0321.
        Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2017, 02:16.

I made my own male to male USB cable. I have a bunch of old cables laying around, so I just cut the connector ends off and stripped the wires using a kitchen knife. I twisted the wires from each cable together, black to black, white to white, etc, then taped them with some masking tape. Since it is only 5 volts, any tape will do, even scotch tape. Works like a charm..
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        I made my own male to male USB cable. I have a bunch of old cables laying around, so I just cut the connector ends off and stripped the wires using a kitchen knife. I twisted the wires from each cable together, black to black, white to white, etc, then taped them with some masking tape. Since it is only 5 volts, any tape will do, even scotch tape. Works like a charm..
        Assuming I make the cable or purchase one, what are the next steps to get the box up and running?

Should I have used a microsd card rather than USB stick to upload the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post

Assuming I make the cable or purchase one, what are the next steps to get the box up and running?

Should I have used a microsd card rather than USB stick to upload the firmware?
          Maybe this will help.

Get the burning tool from here: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-amlogic-usb-burning-tool-v2-0-8.htmlAndroid TV ROM for this box:http://freaktab.com/f...
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks, and which file should I flash it with?

Is it TVStock Variant: BURN PACKAGE (989MB IMG file) from the OP?

Comment

Has anyone else had a problem where the box keeps putting itself in standby? It only seems to be doing it on custom roms.

EDIT: Never mind it must've just been the remote acting up. The ROM looks decent I actually like the layout.
              Last edited by steocullen91; 08-09-2017, 21:45.
              "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Looks like the reset button no longer works, so I'm out of ideas...

Comment

Looks like the reset button no longer works, so I'm out of ideas...
                  Just to verify the button does not work, connect your box to your TV with the HDMI cable, but not the power cord. Depress the "reset" button and hold it for about 15 seconds as you apply the power. If the box goes straight into you Android OS, then you can say for sure that the "reset" button is bad. If it does NOT go straight into your OS, then it is NOT the "reset" button. I have had problems with different boxes that could not connect to the computer via the OTG cable while depressing the "reset" button, and I swore the button was bad, but it wasn't. You may have to open you box and take a physical look.

Comment

Just to verify the button does not work, connect your box to your TV with the HDMI cable, but not the power cord. Depress the "reset" button and hold it for about 15 seconds as you apply the power. If the box goes straight into you Android OS, then you can say for sure that the "reset" button is bad. If it does NOT go straight into your OS, then it is NOT the "reset" button. I have had problems with different boxes that could not connect to the computer via the OTG cable while depressing the "reset" button, and I swore the button was bad, but it wasn't. You may have to open you box and take a physical look.
                    After flashing the OTA UPDATE on my Mecool KM8 P the box seems bricked ie red light comes on and TV says no signal. I think the reset button is damaged because I can no longer hear the "click" sound and pressing it does not do anything.

I have tried your suggestion but still no good as nothing happens - still no signal on TV and just red light.

I suppose to make a bootable SD card I would still need the reset button to make it work?

Comment

I am having a slight issue with this build .. M8S_PRO-V0321_TVStock-20170807

1) After running a video looping app for a few hours, unit decides to cycle itself and gets stuck in a startup loop. It will stay this way for hours, it is unresponsive and will not change unless i reboot .. see below

2) Video playback seems to have a slight stutter after starting.. not sure if it has anything to do with amplayer etc in build

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Last edited by montaigne; 08-10-2017, 16:15.

Comment

After flashing the OTA UPDATE on my Mecool KM8 P the box seems bricked ie red light comes on and TV says no signal. I think the reset button is damaged because I can no longer hear the "click" sound and pressing it does not do anything.

I have tried your suggestion but still no good as nothing happens - still no signal on TV and just red light.

I suppose to make a bootable SD card I would still need the reset button to make it work?
                        I think if you find a zip rom for your box, it will boot from the card without having to hold the reset button.

The zip file should contain 3 files.

1. factory_update_param.aml
                        2. a system file named something like this >>> p200_2G-ota-20160425.zip
                        3. recovery.img

If you can find a zip rom for installing from the SD card, you will be in luck. Do a search for boxes similar to yours.

Comment

I think if you find a zip rom for your box, it will boot from the card without having to hold the reset button.

The zip file should contain 3 files.

1. factory_update_param.aml
                        2. a system file named something like this >>> p200_2G-ota-20160425.zip
                        3. recovery.img

If you can find a zip rom for installing from the SD card, you will be in luck. Do a search for boxes similar to yours.
                        Does the zip file need extracting or just copying?

Also don't I need to make a u-boot.bin file?

Comment

Working...
                        X