Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just extract the 3 files and copy them to the root of a fat32 formatted microSD card. Put the card into your box and reboot.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      Just extract the 3 files and copy them to the root of a fat32 formatted microSD card. Put the card into your box and reboot.
      Tried it nothing happened box not booting...

Comment

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post

I am out of ideas, sorry. I have not received my box yet, so I can test.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post
          Might be time to consider using Mask ROM mode to reset the eMMC. Do we know the pins to short on this board?

Comment

Hi Magendanz,
            Well, after buying the usb cable and flash the M8s Pro, that work like a charm (and the freeze problem is, apparently, a TV-Hdmi problem, not a mecool prob)
            Just a question, i have flashed the Stock file (after the TvStock file) cause i use the TvBox more as an Android Tablet than a TvBox, but i don't have see in "Parameters" how to change the "screen resolution" and "screen size" (like they exist in the TvStock rom)
            Any way to acces to this parameters ? (maybe with a command line in terminal ?)

Comment

Originally posted by bearimprint View Post
              ...but i don't have see in "Parameters" how to change the "screen resolution" and "screen size" (like they exist in the TvStock rom)
              Any way to acces to this parameters ? (maybe with a command line in terminal ?)
              You don't see Settings->Display->Screen Resolution?

Comment

I see settings/Display but no "Screen resolution" (Stock ROM). I see the "Screen résolution" only in the settings/Display of the TvStock ROM.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, then this belongs on the thread for Nano & Stock variants. That said, it's showing up for me just fine. Did you do a data wipe?

Hello,

Since I bought the mecool m8s pro, as soon as I cut the device then I restart it, it always blocks me on the main page.

I installed the Nexus and I have the same problem.

Is there a solution for me to properly reinstall the firmware Mecool or Nexus.

Thank you for your help

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What do you mean "blocks me on the main page"? That the stock launcher and Leanback (Android TV) launcher both hang?

Originally posted by atchoum View Post
                Hello,

Since I bought the mecool m8s pro, as soon as I cut the device then I restart it, it always blocks me on the main page.

I installed the Nexus and I have the same problem.

Is there a solution for me to properly reinstall the firmware Mecool or Nexus.

Thank you for your help
                Magendanz commented

When the device is started, it remains blocked on the Nexus image

Comment

When the device is started, it remains blocked on the Nexus image
                  Oh, that's a different beast entirely. If it's happening with both stock rom and my custom ROM, you may have some bad hardware. Are you flashing the burn package (.img file) or the OTA update (.zip file)?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                    Oh, that's a different beast entirely. If it's happening with both stock rom and my custom ROM, you may have some bad hardware. Are you flashing the burn package (.img file) or the OTA update (.zip file)?
                    I installed it with OTA.

i strange i installed the firmware M8S_PRO+-20170715.093046.V0321-signed (1).zip

Comment

i strange i installed the firmware M8S_PRO+-20170715.093046.V0321-signed (1).zip
                      You installed a ROM for the M8S Pro+ (Amlogic S905X) on the M8S Pro (Amlogic S912)? I wouldn't think it would let you do that, but that would explain your trouble.

Comment

Thank u Magendaz, rocking my M8S Pro since 2 days with your ROM, I didn't backup my original stock ROM but it doesn't matter...I don't think I will ever go back! Awesome ROM! Just a few questions:
                        1- About Prime Video. In stock rom, I could find the app on play store, although we all know it was limited to 480p. In this ROM however not only I don't find it on playstore (I have to downloaded it from apkmirror) but as soon I start a movie, goes error (although I can see a few initial frames, weird). Is there some way to fix it? I understand its a useless question since even if there is a way, I'll be stuck in 480p anyway...is there a way to get 1080p in stock or TV rom anyway?
                        2- am I dumb or double tap on home screen for recent apps doesn't work?
                        3- what about future builds? How to flash them? In stock ROM, I went to "local update" menu...in here I don't see it. Or should I use twrp instead?
                        4- too bad for the broken Chromecast streaming. R u going to fix it?
                        Last edited by DanyXP; 08-13-2017, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

You installed a ROM for the M8S Pro+ (Amlogic S905X) on the M8S Pro (Amlogic S912)? I wouldn't think it would let you do that, but that would explain your trouble.
                          Hello,

there are possibility the recovery my box, it's out now

i have a big problem now.

Comment

look for this thread*M8S Pro USB IMG M8S_PRO-NMF26Q-20170524.163713.V0321.img

That is the original stock rom for the M8s pro with S912.

Comment

Working...
                          X