Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Sounds like you have a bad cable. If boot to recovery works, the bootloader is probably still intact.

Just use the Update app to install this signed TWRP recovery.
    Maybe a stupid question but I updated my recovery to TWRP.
    In the TWRP recovery environment my standard remote doen not work...
    So how can I slide and select in TWRP ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a USB mouse and keyboard.

Well, using the OTA updates you can revert to OEM stock or install new custom ROM releases. You just need to enter TWRP recovery by typing "reboot recovery" in the Terminal app. No reset switch needed. Also, you should be able to flash full Amlogic burn packages (img files) from SD card with Bootcardmaker.
    Thank you Magendanz for that valuable information, guess all hope is not lost. This box leaves a lot to be desired, that $38 M8S Pro PLUS, smokes this box......
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, as long as you don't need Bluetooth or 5GHz WiFi.

You could try swapping out this system image in the latest KM8 P burn package using Amlogic Customization tool. Just click the Replace Uboot/Kernel option (level 1 unpack) for both .img files, swap the tmp/level1/system.PARTITION, and repack.

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post
    Will try that but looks mighty complicated for a newbie
    Hi Magendanz I have managed to copy your system.PARTITION to the KM8 P stock rom and repacked.

Unfortunately the image file is too big to flash with TWRP (size of image is larger than target device).
    How can I convert the image to a flashable zip?

I am unable to flash the image with USB burning tool as my reset button is broken and the only way possible would be to open the device and short the NAND pins again, which I would rather avoid.

Comment

Resizing the system partition is easier than repartitioning the device. Unfortunately, I'm working from my phone now, but you'll need to convert the image to raw using simg2img, mount the image, then rebuild at the correct size using make_ext4fs.

Comment

Resizing the system partition is easier than repartitioning the device. Unfortunately, I'm working from my phone now, but you'll need to convert the image to raw using simg2img, mount the image, then rebuild at the correct size using make_ext4fs.
        Actually it worked using the Burn Card Maker Tool. Merged the 2 files using the customisation tool and looking good!

A couple of questions however:

1. The Android TV version of playstore does not hav ethe regular apps. Is the only way to use them to sideload them (and have no updates?)
        2. Which version of TWRP do I need to flash on here as the system,PARTITION is from M8S Pro but the actual box was the KM8 P?
        3. Reboot recovery takes me to stock recovery and not TWRP?

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Just grab recovery.PARTITION from the M8S Pro ROM. It should work on KM8 P too.

Tried it 3 times but tool keeps on crashing and forces close!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The Amlogic USB Burning Tool?

Got it working finally, I was selecting the wrong options.

So we have a fully working rom with TWRP for the KM8 P! Awesome and thanks for all the help

Comment

Is there a way to change the apps on the home screen?

I don't mean moving them or uninstalling them, its just that some apps only show in the App drawer which I would like on the Home screen. Also there are some apps that show on the home screen which I would prefer to ONLY access by the App drawer???

Comment

Apps authored for Android TV have the CATEGORY_LEANBACK_LAUNCHER intent filter in their app manifests, while normal apps have CATEGORY_LAUNCHER. The App Drawer is a simple app that was developed for the Android TV (a.k.a. Leanback) Launcher so that it could also launch those normal apps that you've sideloaded.

Short of changing the app manifest, you can't really move them back and forth between categories. However, there is a website that creates small "shortcut" APKs that's worth checking out: http://atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de/

Comment

Hi. Is it possible to make the screen rotate to portrait for a game on any of these ROMs? At the start screen in the game I can't scroll down and accept the terms. It's made for mobiles so needs to be in portrait to work but everything is forced to landscape.
              "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Comment

Thank you for your work.
                Is there a rom for Mecool M8S Pro Plus (Amlogic S905x)?

Thank you

Comment

Hello guys I have a problem with my android box tv - it has been bricked I wanted to know if this rom is compatible with ddr4 and my device. All info is on this post

Comment

Apps authored for Android TV have the CATEGORY_LEANBACK_LAUNCHER intent filter in their app manifests, while normal apps have CATEGORY_LAUNCHER. The App Drawer is a simple app that was developed for the Android TV (a.k.a. Leanback) Launcher so that it could also launch those normal apps that you've sideloaded.
                  Short of changing the app manifest, you can't really move them back and forth between categories. However, there is a website that creates small "shortcut" APKs that's worth checking out: http://atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de/
                  Thanks will have a play with the following app:

A couple of other issues have been noticed with porting this M8S Pro rom onto the KM8 P:

1. My TV remote no longer seems to control the box, Have played around with the HDMI CEC settings but no joy.

2. The option to turn WIFI on is greyed out and can't seem to switch it. Have even tried it when unplugging the LAN cable but still no change.

Any simple fixes for these issues or is it just a case of having to put up with them???

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The KM8 P uses a different wireless chipset and IR remote codes, which is why those parts aren't working. You can try to fix these issues, but it's not simple. (The IR remote used to be as simple as replacing a remote.conf file, but Nougat puts the code in the device tree...which is a PITA to modify.)

I know this is a little off topic but I have 2 m8s pro boxes that I installed this great rom on. I was wondering after I set up my one box just the way I want it (kodi build, apps, settings, etc) is there a way to make an exact duplicate of my setup to put on my 2nd box? I just don't feel like like doing it twice and I know there will be something I'll forget to put on my 2nd box if I do it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch23 View Post
                    I know this is a little off topic but I have 2 m8s pro boxes that I installed this great rom on. I was wondering after I set up my one box just the way I want it (kodi build, apps, settings, etc) is there a way to make an exact duplicate of my setup to put on my 2nd box? I just don't feel like like doing it twice and I know there will be something I'll forget to put on my 2nd box if I do it manually.
                    Make a full backup of the 1st box using TWRP onto an external sd.
                    Then flash TWRP recovery on the 2nd box.
                    Then restore that backup onto the 2nd box

Comment

Working...
                    X