Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
    As for making sure apps close... prevent running requires xposed. You can make sure chrome and installed apps that are not required to run in background actually shut down when exiting. its so much better than greenify, especially on phones and tablets.

you can download key mapper and recover the ability of task manager using long press of home button.
    1) Could you recommend a specific app?I couldn't find 'key mapper' so I downloaded 'button mapper' but it doesn't seem to be well optimised for Android tv. Its 'back button' customising is a premium feature lol, and I am mainly using a mouse with 2 buttons so the back button was the one I really wanted. I customised the volume button to bring up recent background apps, only problem is it has a little cross underneath which actually DOESN'T close the app, it just goes into it! And the other thing is have to do this each time I turn it on, it doesn't actually 'learn' the function.

I am really confused why this simple task manager/background apps function wasn't built into the ROM, seems like a pretty important function to keep the boxes from overheating too much? I need to map the right mouse (back) button 'long press/hold down' to task manager

2) The reason why: since switching to Virgin media (from 9 MBPs to 110MBPs) all the extra speed is useless since there are hardly any links available in Terrarium TV, seems Virgin must block a lot of sites! So I installed Windscribe (free up to 10GB) and it seems to have fixed the problem, but I want to turn it off again once I've used it to show the blocked links. Do you think I should still be able to view the link once I've started playing it if I then close Windscribe?

3) I found someone posted this:

^^ If these apps don't work for you, which was my situation, don't be afraid to get your hands dirty and try to remap the keys yourself by editing your android system files. Usually there is a file in one of the system directories that has all the key mappings for the hardware. I think mine was called cypress-touchkey.kl —or something like that. It might be named differently depending on your phone. Mine was located in /system/usr/keylayout Each key has a number and the file maps that number to a system function (POWER, FWD, etc). All you have to do is figure out what is what and then change it around. Be sure to edit permissions, backup the original system file, etc. These applications are really just giving you a way of doing this easily and without hassle.^^

Do you think it would work on the box as a way of permanently mapping the task manager, and how would I edit permissions?
    Last edited by supashaka; 09-12-2018, 11:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants. I believe these ROMs are stable enough for general use, but don't be surprised if some features from the Nexus Player or NVIDIA Shield TV aren't fully implemented. This will be particularly true of features that require a secure platform (Widevine Level 1) for DRM requirements.
      Do you have your repos public somewhere, eg github etc?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        They're not built with a makefile, just a bunch of custom scripts and a very manual process that I've never had time to document.

Originally posted by Mazer.one View Post

Netflix works fine now with latest update from Magendanz and this fix BurnKeyTools-V1.06.apk
      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...632#post740632
      With this, Wideline L1 is kept and HD playback ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Passaralho View Post

With this, Wideline L1 is kept and HD playback ok?
        Yes you keep Wideline L1 and HD playback is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by wish View Post
          Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	3 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	743451

New ota firmware. Android 7.1 (not android tv).
          @ Magendanz

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

so any latest OTA UPDATE will release..

Comment

I purchased M8S Pro S912 box with 2g/16g q20x board branded as Akaso. It has dual wifi with ac, bluetooth and Gigabit Lan. I tested all three and they check out. Widevine is security level 3 and no HDCP protection. I would love to install the Android TV OS from this thread. I spent the whole night yesterday trying to accomplish that and got nowhere with it. The device has power button on the front and a pinhole on the underside under LED which does click when I press it. I cannot get it for the life of me to go into recovery in order to flash TV stock from this thread (burning package) using USB burning Tool. It never discovers the box. When I tried to install the nano package using sd card prepped with Boot Card Maker, I saw a slight change in the home interface where the word pro is now under the M8S and it is highlighted in red. However, when I go into About section I still see android 6.0 as operating system and Akaso is still displayed when the box boots up. It does not flash the TV package with sd card either. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Mccane View Post
              I purchased M8S Pro S912 box with 2g/16g q20x board branded as Akaso. It has dual wifi with ac, bluetooth and Gigabit Lan. I tested all three and they check out. Widevine is security level 3 and no HDCP protection. I would love to install the Android TV OS from this thread. I spent the whole night yesterday trying to accomplish that and got nowhere with it. The device has power button on the front and a pinhole on the underside under LED which does click when I press it. I cannot get it for the life of me to go into recovery in order to flash TV stock from this thread (burning package) using USB burning Tool. It never discovers the box. When I tried to install the nano package using sd card prepped with Boot Card Maker, I saw a slight change in the home interface where the word pro is now under the M8S and it is highlighted in red. However, when I go into About section I still see android 6.0 as operating system and Akaso is still displayed when the box boots up. It does not flash the TV package with sd card either. What am I doing wrong?
              Judging by those specs you should have widevine L1 on board.l wonder if it is a returned box after someone has lost the widevine L1 after trying to put another firmware on it?what is the info on the about page?

Comment

I still see android 6.0 as operating system and Akaso is still displayed when the box boots up. It does not flash the TV package with sd card either. What am I doing wrong?
                Upgrading from Android 6 to 7 can be done only with USB Burning tool!

Comment

Upgrading from Android 6 to 7 can be done only with USB Burning tool![/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response. The box is of a brand called Akaso but hardware is identical to the one listed in this thread as compatible. Is there any box out there that has both the power button and reset hole? Is my reset button maybe disconnected? What sequence do I use to get it to go into recovery in order to use USB Burning Tool? Any info or suggestion what to try would be highly appreciated.

Comment

Judging by those specs you should have widevine L1 on board.l wonder if it is a returned box after someone has lost the widevine L1 after trying to put another firmware on it?what is the info on the about page?[/QUOTE]

Akaso is the brand, model is M8S Pro and OS is Android 6.0. I posted other specs in my first post. Hardware wise it is an excellent box but it only has Widevine 1 security Level 3 so 1080p max on Youtube and 480P on Netflix (it has no HDCP protection either). I would love to get the TV ROM from this thread.

Comment

Thank you for your response. The box is of a brand called Akaso but hardware is identical to the one listed in this thread as compatible. Is there any box out there that has both the power button and reset hole? Is my reset button maybe disconnected? What sequence do I use to get it to go into recovery in order to use USB Burning Tool? Any info or suggestion what to try would be highly appreciated.
                      [/QUOTE]

If you can't here a clicking sound when inserting a pin in reset hole the reset button may be missing.if so try pushing in power cord into box while connected to pc pc with male to male cable and burning tool ready.then once power cable is pushed in press menu button on remote several times until pc connects to box.then you can download firmware onto box.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

I don't use the reset button when brush my box with USB Burning tool. Just unplug and replug the USB cable several times if an error occurres.

Comment

It was my damn Windows 7 machine. On my wife's win 7 machine it went from the first try. However, now I do not have ethernet, wifi and bluetooth working. It looks like while the board is the same (q20x) other components aren't. This box has gigabit lan, ac radio and bluetooth 4.0. Widevine is stil level 3 and no hdcp. The only box I found that has the same specs is Mini M8S pro and after applying firmware it does connect to wired lan although mac address is not accurate (android terminal shows correct mac from the sticker on the box) and there is still no functioning wifi (terminal does not display mac) and no bluetooth.

Comment

Hi, Just ordered one of these boxes to try this firmware on. Can I just use the OTA update version on a USB stick or do I have to use the Burningtoll version for 1st time? Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by matt81 View Post
                              Hi, Just ordered one of these boxes to try this firmware on. Can I just use the OTA update version on a USB stick or do I have to use the Burningtoll version for 1st time? Many thanks!
                              Let us see what is your answer...

Comment

Working...
                              X