Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for best rom/job
    I have a question : How can i reboot to TWRP for install MAGISK ? ?

Comment

hi,
      i tried to flash this on NEXBOX A95X s905x 2/8 G, got bootloop on NEXUS screen.
      this rom doesn't works on others TVboxs?
      thank.

Comment

eidoil32

but you are not at all confused by the moment that you have another hardware?
        it is not compatible to S905 or any think else!!!

try to flash your phone or PC and come back to report about mistake *lol*

Comment

Does YouTube works with the latest firmware? Mine YouTube is not working, it stops.

Comment

Originally posted by freeuser View Post
            eidoil32

but you are not at all confused by the moment that you have another hardware?
            it is not compatible to S905 or any think else!!!

try to flash your phone or PC and come back to report about mistake *lol*
            Nexbox a95x has S905X cpu, because that i though it will be fine to flash this rom... So I got bootloop, and fix that so don't worry, You could help instead joking.

Comment

Originally posted by xyannis View Post
              Does YouTube works with the latest firmware? Mine YouTube is not working, it stops.
              Someone?

Comment

Originally posted by xyannis View Post
                Someone?
                -1.Smart YouTube TV,
                -2.OG YouTube,
                -3.YouTube for Android TV,
                -4.YouTube Vanced,
                -5.NewPipe.

Comment

Thank you for this topic Magendanz !

Very easy and fast to install !

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                    In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ?* la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants. I believe these ROMs are stable enough for general use, but don't be surprised if some features from the Nexus Player or NVIDIA Shield TV aren't fully implemented. This will be particularly true of features that require a secure platform (Widevine Level 1) for DRM requirements.

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20180830):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
                    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
                    • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
                    Changelog (20180310):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928)
                    • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
                    • New build of Mali driver that supports OpenGL 3.2 + AEP
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20180310)
                    Changelog (20171116):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20171109.180937.V0928)
                    • Added additional option (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171116)
                    Changelog (20171103):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20171030.162112.V0619)
                    • Removed attempt to launch voice assist on Back button long press. (only valid for watches)
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171103)
                    Changelog (20171001):
                    • Rebuilt TWRP with new V0619 kernel, which seems to work on this device
                    • Bluetooth now starts on by default
                    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
                    Changelog (20170930):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20170918.111557.V0619)
                    • Reverted to stock OEM recovery, due to new Android Verified Boot checks
                    • Underlying OEM firmware fixed the Action Bar bug in Android TV
                    • Underlying OEM firmware fixed the More Settings crash in Android TV
                    • Underlying OEM firmware updated to Android TV 7.1.2r11 (NHG47L)
                    • The Terminal app now shows only when enabled in Developer Options
                    • Restored default settings (e.g. animation scale, sound effects) from Nexus Player
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20170930)
                    Changelog (20170825):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20170801.150811.V0321)
                    • Underlying OEM firmware is now pre-rooted, and so ours is too
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20170825)
                    Changelog (20170807):
                    • Added Home button shortcuts, long press for voice search and double-tap for recent apps
                    • Replaced Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator with Terminal app from LineageOS, tweaking manifest so that it always shows in launcher
                    • Included additional keyboard layouts and fixed IR remote "mouse mode"
                    • Included OTA updates as well as the full Amlogic burn packages
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20170807)
                    Changelog (20170727):
                    • Fixed Android TV Remote Service.
                    • Package installer should no longer unexpectedly quit after uninstall.
                    • Disabled legacy Settings.apk (a.k.a. More Settings), since it seems incompatible with Android TV 7.1.
                      Updated to latest build of OpenGApps, which includes update to YouTube and TV apps.
                    Changelog (20170725):
                    • Mecool M8S Pro V0321 OEM build stripped to Android stock bits and Open GApps
                    • Nexus splash logo with stock Android boot animation
                    Known Bugs:
                    • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but sometimes quits unexpectedly when connected.
                    Download:Notes:
                    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
                    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool.
                    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
                    Credits:Donations:
                    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	1 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	658505Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	1 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	658510Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	658508Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	658506Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	658512Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	658509Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033144.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	658515Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	658514Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	658513
                    hello friends I'm using M8S PRO 32 GB. If you have video explaining the installation from start to finish, don't know how to link help.

Comment

hi i have last firware (20180830) updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)thanks for all!

I have a question.
                      netflix does not start anymore and gives me a generic connection error.
                      does it happen to you too?
                      I tried to uninstall it and clean data and cache, reinstall the firmware etc. but without success.
                      on other devices that I own it goes

thanks for any info

Comment

thank you for the beautifull android tv !
                        Hi have last firmware updated to m8s pro.
                        I have a problem with Dazn. I tried to install other versions but not start anymore and gives me a generic connection error.
                        I tried to uninstall it and clean data and cache, reinstall the firmware etc. but without success.
                        on other devices that I own it goes.

thanks for any info and thanks for help.

Comment

Hai guys. I updated my M8S Pro with the latest firmware (20180412.194117.V0213 provided Magendanz a couple of days ago. All good for a day or so. Then yesterday evening I got a Google play services error asking me to roll back the latest updates. It took me back to version 11.2.31. Along with that it rolled back other applications such as Youtube to earlier versions and the whole look and feel of the box has rolled back in time it appears. Many other applications which I had originally won't even show up on Playstore due to this roll back in time.
                          I flashed the latest firmware again tried a factory reset etc, to see if that made any difference along with few other tweaks. No luck. Now I am stuck.

1. Is any body else facing this issue, if so what is the solution ?
                          2. Once we uploaded this firmware is there anyway of going back to the original factory reset version of M8S Pro.

Please help.

Thanks

Comment

Need help guys.

I have the original factory reset ZIP file for M8S Pro dated 20170817. I also have the firmware ZIP file dated 20180806 and also an image file for the same date.
                            Also have the Magendanz Zip file 20180412.194117.V0213.

Have tried to install from all these files (img and Zip). Nothing works.
                            I am out of my depth here.

Was originally getting a "this file is for M8S PRO this is a q20x" error. Then I am not sure what I did now am getting an error 7 with the message "file - get prop failed to start /system/build.prop no such file in the directory" . Looks like I have deleted something I should not have.
                            If I reboot it just hangs at the LEXUS logo screen.

Can I salvage from this ? Kindly assist this novice.

Comment

Originally posted by dsun View Post
                              Need help guys.
                              Download any stock firmware in img format and brush the the box with the USB Burning tool!

Comment

Yeah, you wiped the system partition and so the OTA update can't conduct its environment checks. Best bet at this point is with USB Burning Tool and the .img file.

Comment

Working...
                                X