Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks will try that.

Comment

Magendanz, The USB burning tool did not work, somehow my PC and the device would not get connected. Found instructions on booting from an SD card. Thankfully that worked I am now on the Aug 2018 firmware version. Thanks for your help.

Do you have some insight on why I had the roll back of my play services and other apps and the whole look and feel on the Nexus build. Was it just me ?

Comment

Hi Magedanz , can you help me with problems of app netflix for android tv, error UI-800-3 ?
        Is there a solution?
        thank you for all!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really. It used to be that Widevine L1 was enough for Netflix, but they've recently rolled out new whitelist system that only supports certified devices. There's lot of discussion on this in the forums, but I haven't heard of a reliable way to circumvent it yet.

Dear all', I Need help. I bricket my m8s pro, I Tried to unbrick in many way,last with burning tool tool and magedanz & stock Image,but when I reboot the m8s pro device I glsee the android with Red "X" . I don' t know what is the issue Is and what to do....thanks ti all

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what we call a soft brick, which should be easily remedied. Your bootloader is intact, so just flash a known-good Amlogic burn package (.img) with USB Burning Tool or Bootcard Maker.

Thanks a lot the aswer, I Tried to flash different image ,stock and Nexus, Can you indicate me a know-good Amlogic image to burn? Thanks again

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I have links in the change log. Just jump back to the original post.

Sorry Magendanz, do you mean the Image in the First Page of this post? I Just Tried that with Amlogic burning tool, with success,but when I reboot the m8s pro I have android with Red X again... Or do you have another good Image? Thanks again

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I mean the stock OEM firmware that I've linked in the change log, just to take my work out of the equation. Once you've got everything working with a known-good OEM ROM, you can then start experimenting again with the custom ones.

good morning guys! where can I find youtube for android tv? I can not install updates for my youtube on the play store. The application stops responding. It makes me only install normal youtube for smartphones!

Comment

Hi to all, solved with bootable USB pen. Thanks
        Last edited by Anar; 12-29-2018, 19:53.

Comment

Thank you Magendanz for youtube.

Do I uninstall my version and install your version? Or update?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            There really is no "uninstall" option when it comes to flashing ROMs. You just flash over the last image.

What is the procedure? I do not know how I should do it ... I just have to install youtube for android tv.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I hadn't realized that we were talking about YouTube installations here. You can't uninstall an app that came with the custom ROM, but you can install a newer version over it. Just download the .apk and open it in the file explorer. It should open in the package installer.

thank you Magendanz! it's ok!

Comment

Hi there. Could we expect Nexus firmware based on the official 20180806. Thanking in advance.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, eventually. I'm really focused on the Amlogic SDK 8.1 boxes now. It's just a matter of when I can find the free time.

Thank you for your prompt response. KM9 non ATV firmware will be also greatly appreciated!

Comment

Hello Magendanz,

That would be awesome to have the latest Android TV on this small box (well, latest - 1, now Android 9 is out ...)

Comment

Argh. Too bad that S912 only supports 7.1. S905, S905X and S912 are on the same basis: ARM Cortex-A53...

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, the S922 is coming...real soon now!
            Working...
            X