Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent work on these ROMs! One question though. Is there a way to enable the soft keys or navigation menu in the nano build? Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Not on the TVStock variant, because those are supposed to be hidden in Android TV. On the Nano and Stock variants, however, there's a Display setting to show the nav bar.

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post

A couple of issues have been noticed with porting this M8S Pro rom onto the KM8 P:

1. My TV remote no longer seems to control the box, Have played around with the HDMI CEC settings but no joy.

2. The option to turn WIFI on is greyed out and can't seem to switch it. Have even tried it when unplugging the LAN cable but still no change.

Any simple fixes for these issues or is it just a case of having to put up with them???

Thanks
    @Magendnaz is there any way to resolve the above issues, eg by swapping some files from the KM8 P stock rom?

Comment

Well, not easily. The IR remote codes need to be edited in the dtb, and the wireless drivers need to be changed in both the kernel and system partition. Your best bet is probably to try to combine the original MK8P bootloader, dtb and boot partitions with the system partition from this custom ROM. Then, you'll just need to swap out the kernel modules (.ko files) from the original KM8 P system partition to support its wireless chipset.

Comment

New update today, based on the latest OEM build.

Changelog (20170825):
        • Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20170801.150811.V0321)
        • Underlying OEM firmware is now pre-rooted, and so ours is too
        • Latest build from Open GApps (20170825)

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This will likely be the last Nexus custom ROM update based on the Mecool M8S Pro OEM firmware. There's a new generic ROM from the factory that we'll be using to target all devices based on Amlogic q201 reference board.

Here are the advantages:
        • Newer Android Nougat 7.1.2 (NHG47L build)
        • Works with a long list of wireless chipsets, based on both the Qualcomm (Longsys) and Broadcom (AMPAK) driver architectures. To my knowledge, this is the first ROM that works on both.
        • Supports several IR remotes (including OEM from Beelink and Mecool...even when pressing the Power button to cold boot).
        • IR remove codes are NOT stored in the device tree, so they're once again easily customizable in the remote.conf.
        • An excellent selection of video and audio settings at top level, including overscan, HDR, CEC, Dolby, and DTS.
        • Configurable power button, plus press-and-hold pop-up menu with Power Off and Shutdown.
        This is really the "One ROM to rule them all!"...which is why we've been calling it "Precious".

The disadvantage:
        • There's a bug with Bluetooth audio playback, which makes speakers and headsets basically unusable, but I've been assured that this is already fixed in the next release.
        You can download this new ROM in Nano, Stock and TVStock (Android TV) variants now, if you'd like to try them out.

Comment

Hi just switched to this box and a new Panasonc DXW904.
          Already flashed your new base... So I think I am up to date.

What I do not get to work.
          1) My new Panasonic does not want to play 3D when it get´s a signal more than 1080p. Is there a way to tell the box or Kodi, that when I want to play a video with 1080p it should automatically switch to 1080p ?
          That would be good for all videos , because I think the upscaler in my tv is much better.
          ( manually switching to 1080p before every movie is not really a solution)

2) Tried to watch a video on youtube in HDR.... So the video is playing, but the TV also does not switch to HDR. It is still in 4K
          I see a change When I set in display settings "SDR to HDR" TV switches to 4K HDR, but thats not the right way I think....

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks in advance

Mike

Comment

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the great ROMs for these boxes, your hard work is much appreciated

Patiently looking forward to your TVStock version based on the precious ROM!!

One question, is it possible for you to combine the 8 core dtb mod that SC and the Rockchip guy uses? Would like to see how this box handles the OC as it runs pretty cool to start of with and it is beyond my skill set haha

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I am considering a few mods (like switching CPU governor from OnDemand to Interactive), but in general I like to stick as closely as possible to the kernel and RAM disk in the OEM firmware.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Well, not easily. The IR remote codes need to be edited in the dtb, and the wireless drivers need to be changed in both the kernel and system partition. Your best bet is probably to try to combine the original MK8P bootloader, dtb and boot partitions with the system partition from this custom ROM. Then, you'll just need to swap out the kernel modules (.ko files) from the original KM8 P system partition to support its wireless chipset.
            Hi Magendanz thanks for the suggestions above. Was wondering if your upcoming PRECIOUS Rom would be fully compatible with my Mecool KM8 P box?

Also when can we expect release of the new Rom, sounds exciting!

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              It should be. You can try my latest GT1 ROMs now to check.

I have never flashed boxes like this. Always used recovery mode flashing from SD Card. SO I did everything loaded up the USB burner and I am curious should I see the device actually show up in USB burner? It shows up in my devices as Easy Suite.
            It has been going for 15 minutes now and still doesn't say done in the USB tool

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you insert the USB cable to the OTG port (closet to the power jack) while pressing the recessed reset button?

yes had the button on the bottom pressed while I inserted the USB CABLE then plugged in power

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              No need to connect power, since the USB OTG powers the board. You just need to ensure the button is pressed when you insert the USB cable. Hold it until you hear Windows recognize the new device.

oh ok. Well the only thing I find connecting is something called Easy Suite. I don't see any other devices connecting. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the box is not showing up as I assume easy suite is not the box.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope. I have no idea what that Easy Suite might be.

I held the button down plugged in USB cable and left it there for several minutes nothing showed up on screen. The USB cable I have is a Data transfer cable its not a cheap flemsy cable.
            Any ideas? Any other ways to flash this?

Comment

Is there no other way to flash these? Because its not showing up in windows I have tried with and without power nothing shows up rebooted tried 10 or more times and nothing. Can you not flash these with SD Card like the other am logic boxes?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                If you're not getting recognized in USB Burning Tool, then the odds of an SD card prepared by BootcardMaker working are slim. At this point, I'd be opening the case to short pins for Mask ROM mode.

I have tried 2 of them I have 8 more to try but I assume if 2 or 3 are not working then I doubt any others would. Opening the case is not something I want to do or even begin to understand what you just told me. Id be to worried of messing up anything.
              Maybe it just doesn't like my computer. But id have to to go to allot of work to do it on my laptop as I don't have windows or parallels installed.
              Normally with the T8V from Zoomtak and the T8+ I always just put the zip file on a sD Card and boom 2 minutes I'm done. But this is an image file not a zip so I'm not sure what to do with it.

Comment

found the issue. The cable was one that had built in usb transfer software in the cable. So I got a straight usb to usb and it now gives an error
                ROMCODE/initalize DDR/USB CONTROL setup and doesn't go any further.
                Im using the Nexus q201 Tv stock

Comment

I tried the other link from the first post here same error. What is causing this error and what can I do to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                  X