Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0rdie View Post

Hi Magendanz thanks for the suggestions above. Was wondering if your upcoming PRECIOUS Rom would be fully compatible with my Mecool KM8 P box?

Also when can we expect release of the new Rom, sounds exciting!
    Hi Magendanz are you referring to the following Beelink ROM to try on Mecool KM8 P box

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-tv-7-1/page12

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick.Ita View Post
    Hello guys I have a problem with my android box tv - it has been bricked I wanted to know if this rom is compatible with ddr4 and my device. All info is on this post
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-unbriked-help
    thank you for answering

Comment

is there anyone having the LAN connection issue after upgrading to latest firmware? my LAN connection sometime got disconnected and need to restart to make it works.

Comment

Hi!
        I installed M8S Pro TV Stock Nexus rom.
        How to change it on Stock & Nano rom?

I'm trying to install a rom zip or img package with google docs using twrp but it does not work.
        Last edited by majkel0; 09-14-2017, 08:13.

Comment

Hi ! i order MECOOL M8S PRO L Amlogic S912 3GB DDR3 16GB 5G WIFI 100M LAN Bluetooth 4.1 TV Box. This is L version with DDR3, is it compatible with this rom?? this is link where i buy

Thank you and great job!

Comment

Originally posted by mastermanitou View Post
            Hi ! i order MECOOL M8S PRO L Amlogic S912 3GB DDR3 16GB 5G WIFI 100M LAN Bluetooth 4.1 TV Box. This is L version with DDR3, is it compatible with this rom?? this is link where i buy

Thank you and great job!
            I think so, but why did you buy with ddr3 ram?

Comment

i have the m8s pro s912 3gb 32gb version. it stuck on boot up logo. is this rom compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by ninjalover007 View Post
                i have the m8s pro s912 3gb 32gb version. it stuck on boot up logo. is this rom compatible?
                Yes.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

@majkel0 because i buy it for 53$ freeshipping it is cheap for s912 3gb 32gb, no? next step android tv when i will receive it

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Yes.
                    thank you. i tried the usb burning tool and failed. i was able to successfully flash the ota update via the toothpick method.

Comment

Hi all!
                      Just received yesterday my mecool m8s pro 3gb ddr4 + 32gb.
                      I am willing to install this clean rom but I'd like to see a couple of doubts clarified.
                      This version is accurate for it, right?
                      Is there a way I can use the airplay pro apk as well as the miracast of the original rom in this clean install?

Thanks in advance,
                      Best regards

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

@Magendanz
                        I found the following problems on this TV-Stock Nexus Rom (ATV 7.1.1):
                        1.Unforunately Netflix is not working, always UI-803 message, no way to solve it on ATV with any formely build. Only working with the imported android Netflix App (Non TV version), but very unconvenient.
                        2.The WiFi can't reconnect after beeing asleep.
                        3.Does not recognize a bluetooth Mi-RC.

Any plans this could be solved in future, besides buying an Apple TV 4k?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No, none of those issues have solutions presently. The Netflix ATV issue is because this unit lacks Widevine L1. The WiFi problem is a known issue with the underlying OEM firmware, and the Mi Box RC might be fixable, but it's not a priority because there just aren't a lot of Mi Box remotes floating around out there. You'd better buy that Apple TV.

Hi!
                        My humble report and doubts...

. With this rom I have Ethernet working but WiFi can't stand or even connect. Therefore, Chromecast is never seen.

. With the so called 'PRECIOUS', I never passed the setup wizard because I didn't had Ethernet and WiFi connected but after a few seconds it was off. Never got to sign in my account or install from other device.

The 'PRECIOUS' will be announced here to? Is it expectable to have this issues solved?

Thank you in advance for your great, great work and for sharing it with us.

Best regards

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We have what I believe to be close to a release build of the Shiningworth All-in-One ROM (a.k.a. Precious), and I can fix the Ethernet issue with a device tree change. I haven't looked at the WiFi performance yet.

The Google Cast receiver issue won't be fixed with this, though. That's a longstanding issue that no custom ROM has yet solved.

Hi, can anybody help, what pins to short on NAND to use recovery with USB Burning tool ? (button doesn't work). And please link to proper firmware (img)
                        Last edited by Blackmark; 09-27-2017, 12:23.

Comment

VideoStrong just released 20170918.111557.V0619 firmware for the M8S Pro L. While the bootloader is incompatible with the M8S Pro, I was able to use the last OEM M8S Pro bootloader and create an AML burn package (.img file) for us to play with.

OEM Burn Package: http://freaktab.org/76ed10f83ceeab6c

Note that this is a quasi-ATV build (has Google Play Store for Android TV, but not the Android TV Launcher), and it's also locked down with some proprietary form of Android Verified Boot (AVB), so we probably won't be able to install TWRP anytime soon. However, I was able to mount the system image in Ubuntu and make some tweaks to the build.prop and launcher logo just to customize it for the M8S Pro. So far, it seems to be behaving well.

So, with a slightly more awkward process I was able to create the following:

Nexus TVStock variant: M8S_PRO-V0619_TVStock-20170928.img

Despite my inability to install TWRP recovery, I really like this ROM. It's fast, plays 4K@60fps in KODI smoothly, has a nicely laid out Settings menu with all the functions you need. Best of all, they've fixed the longstanding problem with the Action Bar on Android TV, so you can access features like VPN.

I'm holding off on an official update until I can really understand what's going on with TWRP and boot verification, but thought I'd share here for folks who don't care about that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X