Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants. I believe these ROMs are stable enough for general use, but don't be surprised if some features from the Nexus Player or NVIDIA Shield TV aren't fully implemented. This will be particularly true of features that require a secure platform (Widevine Level 1) for DRM requirements.

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20180830):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
    • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
    Changelog (20180310):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928)
    • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
    • New build of Mali driver that supports OpenGL 3.2 + AEP
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20180310)
    Changelog (20171116):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20171109.180937.V0928)
    • Added additional option (Reboot & Sleep) to global action menu that displays when you press and hold the Power button.
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171116)
    Changelog (20171103):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20171030.162112.V0619)
    • Removed attempt to launch voice assist on Back button long press. (only valid for watches)
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20171103)
    Changelog (20171001):
    • Rebuilt TWRP with new V0619 kernel, which seems to work on this device
    • Bluetooth now starts on by default
    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
    Changelog (20170930):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20170918.111557.V0619)
    • Reverted to stock OEM recovery, due to new Android Verified Boot checks
    • Underlying OEM firmware fixed the Action Bar bug in Android TV
    • Underlying OEM firmware fixed the More Settings crash in Android TV
    • Underlying OEM firmware updated to Android TV 7.1.2r11 (NHG47L)
    • The Terminal app now shows only when enabled in Developer Options
    • Restored default settings (e.g. animation scale, sound effects) from Nexus Player
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20170930)
    Changelog (20170825):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20170801.150811.V0321)
    • Underlying OEM firmware is now pre-rooted, and so ours is too
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20170825)
    Changelog (20170807):
    • Added Home button shortcuts, long press for voice search and double-tap for recent apps
    • Replaced Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator with Terminal app from LineageOS, tweaking manifest so that it always shows in launcher
    • Included additional keyboard layouts and fixed IR remote "mouse mode"
    • Included OTA updates as well as the full Amlogic burn packages
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20170807)
    Changelog (20170727):
    • Fixed Android TV Remote Service.
    • Package installer should no longer unexpectedly quit after uninstall.
    • Disabled legacy Settings.apk (a.k.a. More Settings), since it seems incompatible with Android TV 7.1.
      Updated to latest build of OpenGApps, which includes update to YouTube and TV apps.
    Changelog (20170725):
    • Mecool M8S Pro V0321 OEM build stripped to Android stock bits and Open GApps
    • Nexus splash logo with stock Android boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but sometimes quits unexpectedly when connected.
    Download:Notes:
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	1 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	658505Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	1 Size:	15.2 KB ID:	658510Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	658508Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	1 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	658506Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	658512Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	658509Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033144.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	658515Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	658514Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	658513
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2018, 10:39.

Thank you very much for this rom!!

Downloading now

Comment

Note that I found one bug with uninstalling apps where the CanvasPackageInstaller will quit unexpectedly at the end. The app is still successfully uninstalled and the fix is already checked in for the next release.

Comment

i found a bug.. if you click the more settings and click sound, notification, etc.. the app will crush

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of crashes in the traditional Settings.apk (More Settings), and they're all related. I'll take a look at the logcat, but I suspect it's the action bar suppression.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2017, 05:54.

I can not install the firmware on Mecool M8S Pro, it is not starting. It is only with the blue led on and does not go into recovery mode.
        I am using the USB Burning Tool and the application does not recognize the Box by USB. I changed USB ports, cable and no attempt worked out.
        What should I do ?

Comment

Hold the reset button before you insert the usb otg

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Note that I found one bug with uninstalling apps where the CanvasPackageInstaller will quit unexpectedly at the end. The app is still successfully uninstalled and the fix is already checked in for the next release.
            Hello Magendaz, will this Rom work on Alfawise s912 Please? (it wiil be nice to upgrade that box to android tv nougat). As always, many thanks for your works.

Comment

Originally posted by teters01 View Post
              Hold the reset button before you insert the usb otg
              Should I leave the Box on the power, press the reset button and connect the USB cable? Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by joacirdc View Post

Should I leave the Box on the power, press the reset button and connect the USB cable? Thank you very much in advance.
                The box should be off then hold the reset button and it will be turned on automatically. Insert the usb otg at the corner usb port

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post
                  ...will this Rom work on Alfawise s912 Please?
                  No, this one is really for boxes built on the Amlogic q20x reference board (e.g. Mecool M8S Pro and KM8 P), while the Alfawise S92 is based on the q201. However, my upcoming release for the Beelink GT1 should also work on the S92.

Comment

Great work thank you Magendanz for your efforts will download the Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM I have the 2gb ram 16gb storage I hope it suits.
                    Is there any possibility to cook a android tv rom for the
                    Beelink SEA I 32gb?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      No, this one is really for boxes built on the Amlogic q20x reference board (e.g. Mecool M8S Pro and KM8 P), while the Alfawise S92 is based on the q201. However, my upcoming release for the Beelink GT1 should also work on the S92.
                      Thank you very much indeed, cant wait.

Comment

Newbie to flashing these boxes here.

Could someone kindly instruct me or point me in the right direction on how to do the following:

*. Save the original setup (ie apps and data on my box) before flashing
                        *. How to flash the rom onto my Mecool
                        *. How to root it

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
                          Is there any possibility to cook a android tv rom for the Beelink SEA I 32gb?
                          That unit uses the Realtek RTD1295 SoC, which currently has no Nougat builds to my knowledge (nor much of an installed base). My immediate priorities are:

1. Mecool M8S PRO+ (Amlogic p21x)
                          2. Beelink GT1 (Amlogic q201)
                          3. MX9 PRO MINI (Rockchip RK3328)
                          4. Z28 (Rockchip RK3328)

Comment

Changelog (20170727):
                            • Fixed Android TV Remote Service.
                            • Package installer should no longer unexpectedly quit after uninstall.
                            • Disabled legacy Settings.apk (a.k.a. More Settings), since it seems incompatible with Android TV 7.1.
                              Updated to latest build of OpenGApps, which includes update to YouTube and TV apps.

Comment

Working...
                            X