Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry i have the lastest build of this rom, there is a way to play netflix in SD?
    Regards

Comment

Hello I tried to install this ROM on my VORKE Z1 but it can't recognize WIFI ? Shoul I consider another ROM ? If Yes any advice ?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorcammez79 View Post
        Hello I tried to install this ROM on my VORKE Z1 but it can't recognize WIFI ? Shoul I consider another ROM ? If Yes any advice ?
        Vorke Z1 is an analogue to Mecool BB2 Pro and not to Mecool M8S Pro!

Comment

Hello, I flashed the 'TVStock Variant: BURN PACKAGE (980MB IMG file)' using USB Burning Tool and Youtube TV won't play any content but does play advertisements fine. I receive a 'Playback Error' when trying to watch any media from the Youtube TV app. I am able to view media on the Youtube app.

Any suggestions on how to be able to use YouTube TV on my Mecool M8S Pro S912? Thank you and appreciate the development and support.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I have an open support ticket with the YouTube TV guys. They changed something recently that broke playback for most media on these Mecool boxes with Widevine L1.

Thanks for reply MagenDanz. I too have a support ticket opened with YouTube Tv, ill keep you updated.

Also to add to my confusion, Hulu is giving a similar error now. Stating ' Playback Failure'. Code (-978). Hulu response to my inquiry was this device is unsupported.

Seems strange, but pointing to a bigger issue at hand. Hope this isn't the end of my Mecool M8S! Thanks again.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, that's my fear too. Technically, no device should have Widevine L1 that doesn't also have a locked bootloader. It seems like Google and other streaming media platforms are now trying to retroactively exclude these Mecool boxes that slipped through the cracks.

Great rom, just flashed it the other day. I have only one problem, for example, when I turn off my tv in the evening and woke up in morning i turn on tv but box is in sleep mode. There isn't picture but blue led on box is on, non of buttons on remote don't wake it up, just turn off button works and it just turn of the box, so i need to turn it back on. I have set in options to never go to sleep, and in developer options is set stay on while plugged. Is this known bug or it's just me? Thx

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, we've seen that pretty regularly on the M8S PRO and M8S PRO L, and it seems to be related to overheating. Also happens with the OEM firmware. Some people have rigged custom fans and heatsinks to help remedy the problem.

Guest, thx for quick response. I have a pi fan installed since i bought box, my temp does not go over 31 Celsius, and when this sleep occurs the box was left on home screen, so i don't think is temp related. It was problem on oem rom and now on this nexus rom.
          PS
          Why when I go under more setting there isn't option never go to sleep like under normal display settings, you can just check max 30 min?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            The Stay Awake option is under Developer Options, but I don't think that's going to prevent this problem. It's basically an intermittent system hang caused by a bug in the underlying OEM firmware, and we're just waiting for VideoStrong to fix it.

Ok, thanks @magendanz

Comment

Hello,

I'm still using this firmware and it works mostly fine. Is there a way to use Disney+? The aptoide version never works.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              The M8S Pro doesn't have Widevine L1, does it? If Disney+ needs that, no custom ROM is going to fix it.

Maybe its because the android version, maybe I need a new box. I've been using your port for months, so thanks you.

Also I want to report that the Disney+ app works on the Mi Box Android 9 firmware ported for S912 (rom on xda developers forum). It worked out of the box, no Aptoide. Still prefer nexus port.

Also it's glitchy on slim box tv, using the Aptoide version ( another android 9 port). Pie port has display problems and random glitches, tv box port same issues and no sound.

Comment

Working...
            X