VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post

Link to Dropbox file no longer works, unfortunately.
    That's why I wanted to upload to freaktab servers, looks like all my dropbox stuff is gone, sorry.

Working with machine learning / AI has all my time now, so away from the forums

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

That's why I wanted to upload to freaktab servers, looks like all my dropbox stuff is gone, sorry.

Working with machine learning / AI has all my time now, so away from the forums

​​​​​​Thanks, and best of luck with your AI work. An interesting and challenging field to be in.

If you can PM me with the updated Mali and OpenGL files that would be highly appreciated. But I totally understand if you can't because of your new focus on work.

My rant:
      The official Vorke Z6 DDR4 Dec 2017 & Jan 2018 firmwares both suck. (I tried both). Neither can do 3D (Antutu Refinery test won't load). Also the firmware's Google Play Store app is stuck at version 8.** and is locked out from updating to the latest version 11+. And playing some videos results in digital artifacts/distortion (codec errors?). And root access goes unabated (too open). This Vorke Z6 is not ready for primetime. My old Abox-III works better than this Vorke Z6 paper-weight.

Comment

guys is there any new alternative firmware for this tv-box ?

Comment

anyone here brave to try this firmware https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...n-rom-t3751720

Comment

anyone with original firmware could you please check if there is new OTA update available should be dated 20180606 ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
              anyone with original firmware could you please check if there is new OTA update available should be dated 20180606 ?
              It hasn't popped up on mine as an update. Mine is still at the January 2018 firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post

It hasn't popped up on mine as an update. Mine is still at the January 2018 firmware.
                ok thanks for info i asked because there is 20180606 firmware update for Z6 Plus

Comment

here is Open GL 3.2 driver update https://1fichier.com/?mt0nykj8sy5hdjqf88cf

Comment

This is good, I finally managed to flush the firmware thank you very much for help

Comment

here is Open GL 3.2 driver update https://1fichier.com/?mt0nykj8sy5hdjqf88cf
                      Update: I figured out on my own how to update the above linked new driver (Mali and OpenGL 3.2) zip file. I used TWRP which enabled me to install the zip file. I used the TWRP recovery image file from Freaktab - twrp.q201_N-3.2.1-0.img (and booted up my Z6 using the reset button to get the TWRP screen)

My Antutu 3D test was able to finally do the 3D Refinery test. My score before the updated drivers was around 49,000. After the driver update on my Z6 (DDR4), I'm at 55,665. What an improvement. Vorke should have made this update in the existing firmware. Thank you JoseM for posting the driver update zip file . Much appreciated!

My old comment was this....
                      Thank you very much for this file. How does one best install it? I'm guessing through TWRP. I'd really appreciate some guidance how to install this update. Thank you very much. I have the Z6 (non-plus)
                      Last edited by Venusflytrap; 10-20-2018, 05:18.

Comment

ok thanks for info i asked because there is 20180606 firmware update for Z6 Plus
                        OK, I misunderstood you, because I have a Vorke Z6 (DDR4) and not the Z6 Plus. So on my Z6 (non-plus) there is no OTA update beyond the January 26, 2018 firmware. But for the Z6 Plus I see that there is a download (PC version, not OTA). You probably know that already. In any event, if you Google "VORKE Z6 Plus S912 3GB/32GB TV Box Firmware Update 20180606" (you will find it is on the blog geekbuying dot com webpage). Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by zabba View Post
                          Ive noticed that video playback is very jumpy on vlc and mx player when full acceleration is enabled. If i set vlc to automatic, it plays well but shocking on full acceleration and mx player on hw plays good but on hw+ it looks terrible. I thought it was only old devices that struggled with full acceleration. A mate of mine has a h96 max and that deals with full acceleration perfectly.
                          I notice the same thing. If I use HW+ full acceleration, the video playback on occasion pixelates (gets blocky) and gets garbled. If I instead use HW, it's fine. I'm not sure if my Z6 (DDR4) is defective or if that's just the junky way it is.....

Comment

My box is dead after applying ota of NEXUS Z6 TV Stock.....is not recognized by amlogic burn tool anymore...

Comment

I managed to short NAND and device gets recogniced by Amlogic Burning tools but I receive error.....****!!!!

[15:17:56 916][Global][Inf]--Update HUB3-7
                              [15:17:56 916][HUB3-7][Inf]--Update device path
                              [15:17:56 916][Global][Inf]--Update HUB3-8
                              [15:17:56 916][HUB3-8][Inf]--Update device path
                              [15:17:57 252][HUB3-1][Err]--[15:17:57 252][HUB3-1][Inf]--Failure : 2, FailureMax : 3
                              [15:17:57 765][HUB3-1][Err]--[15:17:57 765][HUB3-1][Inf]--Failure : 3, FailureMax : 3
                              [15:17:57 775][HUB3-1][Err]--[0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error
                              [15:17:57 775][HUB3-1][Inf]--Close device handle 0x0000085c

Comment

If the burning tool method won't work, perhaps instead try the reset button and micro SD card recovery & firmware flash method?

Comment

Working...
                                X