VORKE Z6 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX 3/32GB eMMC5.0 WIFI BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cluber77 View Post
    I cancelled the vorke z6 plus and ordered the tanix from GearBest, hoping that the tanix will make the job like vorke
    I have done the same .. DDR4 instead of DDR3 and $ 1 cheaper ...

Comment

Been some time since I last bought a box, Allwinner Draco AW80!!!!, after that got the shield tv and haven't regretted that decision. Anyway thought I try another box for the spare room and just got the Vorke Z6. Been playing with some 1080p movies, out the box firmware, and so far seems pretty good, nice and quick with CPU running at about 55oC. As when and things go wrong I'll report back.

Comment

So far I have connected 3 Vorke Z6 boxes ( I have 7 more LOL) and all 3 give me the below trouble at certain times.

I have used different tv's and different hdmi cables.

When I do a factory reset the symptom will not occur for the first 20 - 30 start ups. Then it will be back, but not every time.

What you see in the picture happens only at the end of the static image, but disappears as soon as the boot screen appears, and so far has not been noticed during playback.

Should I be worried????????

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77
          I cancelled the vorke z6 plus and ordered the tanix from GearBest, hoping that the tanix will make the job like vorke
          TX92?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did notice that Vorke offer a customer support email address [email protected] for the Z6. Be interesting to know if its real support or just make believe.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbasket View Post
              Been some time since I last bought a box, Allwinner Draco AW80!!!!, after that got the shield tv and haven't regretted that decision. Anyway thought I try another box for the spare room and just got the Vorke Z6. Been playing with some 1080p movies, out the box firmware, and so far seems pretty good, nice and quick with CPU running at about 55oC. As when and things go wrong I'll report back.
              Do you run the movies from your server through Kodi or another media player.

I reported before, and have a movie playing right now, with Kodi the box runs 80° C.

I live in a tropical country, which may be a bit different, but the ambient room temperature is 28°C, so that shouldn't more than a few degrees higher than in the west.

I have several pieces of the Z6 and they all run same temperature.

Comment

Server through Kodi. I'll do a bit more playing tomorrow and see what max temp I get but just below 55oC this morning with ambient about 18oC.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
                  TX92?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
                  Yes

Comment

Server through Kodi. I'll do a bit more playing tomorrow and see what max temp I get but just below 55oC this morning with ambient about 18oC.
                    Ran a few movies yesterday and max temp I got was 60oC with room at 19oC.

Comment

Ran a few movies yesterday and max temp I got was 60oC with room at 19oC.
                      Thanks, the biggest issue here is probably the high ambient temperature, because I have tested so far 4 of them with all the same result.

However I don't know why a 10° difference in ambient temperature would make 20° difference in running temperature.

Takes also more than an hour before it reaches that high, and it settles at 79°. From there it goes up and down by 1°.

I also wonder actually if the firmware version could have anything to do with it, as I'm on the 6 September firmware, but many are still on the previous version.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                        Again, MeCool has raised the bar, all new devices should support Widevine level 1 and support HDCP., or they will get left behind.
                        But their boxes come with either old android version, or sub par chipsets. What mecool box you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post

But their boxes come with either old android version, or sub par chipsets. What mecool box you recommend?
                          Of all these inexpensive Chinese boxes, only the Mecool boxes support Widevine level 1 AND HDCP. I have a Mecool M8S Pro Plus (Amlogic S905x) which runs Netflix in 1080p, and YouTube in 4K. I just purchased the Mecool M8S Pro L, which supposed to come with Widevine Level 1 AND HDCP, but my box that arrived yesterday, did NOT have the HDCP supported.

i can't say they are any better than any of the other devices that have just come on line, but these Mecool boxes, do support HD audio natively, which again is awesome for the price..
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Of all these inexpensive Chinese boxes, only the Mecool boxes support Widevine level 1 AND HDCP. I have a Mecool M8S Pro Plus (Amlogic S905x) which runs Netflix in 1080p, and YouTube in 4K. I just purchased the Mecool M8S Pro L, which supposed to come with Widevine Level 1 AND HDCP, but my box that arrived yesterday, did NOT have the HDCP supported.

i can't say they are any better than any of the other devices that have just come on line, but these Mecool boxes, do support HD audio natively, which again is awesome for the price..
                            Ok, did it come rooted, or if not, is it rootable? This is essential for me, as i use this also to share my usb hdd via samba and to do that i need root...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post

Ok, did it come rooted, or if not, is it rootable? This is essential for me, as i use this also to share my usb hdd via samba and to do that i need root...
                              I am almost certain it is rooted from the box. I have installed addons that require root, and they installed and worked.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Is there any way to run youtube in 4k and Netflix on the vorke z6?

Comment

Working...
                                X