No announcement yet.

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All AMLogic Nougat 7.x Firmware should now come with IEC61937 Audio support which is what Kodi Krypton and SPMC 16.7.x uses for HD Audio passthrough.

LibreELEC Kodi Krypton does auto everything both Audio and Video wise and is superior for local media playback vs anything else.

Comment

So does that mean the new m8s pro l has this?
      I'm waiting for mine to arrive

Comment

I would like to ask if I can install the proper 7.1 android nougat version to the Mecool m8s pro L android tv version. If yes I would apriciate some small details.
        I am sorry in advance if you find my question stupid, I have ignorance about this matter. Thanks..

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you asking for a Nano or Stock (non-ATV) variant of my Nexus custom ROMs for the M8S Pro L? (Those are available for the M8S Pro, but I haven't yet created them for the M8S Pro L.)

Originally posted by gfantom7 View Post
        I would like to ask if I can install the proper 7.1 android nougat version to the Mecool m8s pro L android tv version. If yes I would apriciate some small details.
        I am sorry in advance if you find my question stupid, I have ignorance about this matter. Thanks..
        Does't it come with Android 7.1, already??
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

The one I bought from gearbest is 7.1 android nougat

Comment

I am just asking if I can change this stupid tv version of android 7.1 and use a simple version like the m8s pro has. If one of your custom ROM's has this feature, I would be happy to use it, thank you Magendanz..
            Last edited by gfantom7; 10-31-2017, 11:32.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, I'll create Nano and Stock variants when I release the next update.

See Comment 18.1 .....

Comment

Originally posted by gfantom7 View Post
              I am just asking if I can change this stupid tv version of android 7.1 and use a simple version like the m8s pro has. If one of your custom ROM's has this feature, I would be happy to use it, thank you Magendanz..
              So does this firmware have Lean Back launcher and if not what needs to be done to work. I tried downloading from playstore leanback launcher but it doesn't want to start.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                This version has the Google Play Store for Android TV, but no Android TV Launcher (a.k.a. Leanback Launcher). If you want the full Nexus Player experience, then just install my Nexus TVStock custom ROM for the M8S Pro L. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

a new member here and i really need help.. have bought for a friend a meccol m8s pro L and i installed the nexus rom on it.. but ifind it constantly freezes.. i want to take it back to the original firmware but i have been pulling my hair out trying to do it.... there is a hole at the bottom of the box but am sure there is no reset button there.
              burn card maker doesnt recognize the file i downloaded (M8S_PRO_L-ota-20170918.111557.V0619)
              the guide at geekbuying is of little help to me its not very clear.
              can someone please guide me in a step by step on how to reflash it
              thanks in advance
              )

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Try installing this in TWRP: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgaU8rdh-8u4SJGjxCA

It fixes a bug in the OEM firmware install script that reads the environment (build.prop) from the recovery partition instead of the system partition. It will allow you to roll back to the OEM firmware from TWRP.

thanks for your very quick reply but i cant find the twrp recovery on this nexus rom is there another way ??????/ or do i need to download this twrp tool if so from where... and do i need to unzip that file or rename it ( as it is a zip file)
              sorry if i am asking noobie questions

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                From the Terminal window, just type "reboot recovery". There are also apps you can install that will reboot to recovery. (Sadly, you can't hold down the reset button on the M8S Pro L because they didn't solder on the damn switch.)

As for the freezing, have you been tracking the overheating issues on this forum? Maybe some thermal grease can fix the problem.

once more if i may....... how do i use a terminal window..... and name of an app to reboot to recovery...( do i just pit the whole zip file on sd card or rename the zip)..... i really dont want to open the box as it is not mine... i am doing this for a friend.... if it dont work i will need to shoulder the expensse of a new box for him
              thanks so very much for your replies

Comment

No expert here !
                I would download the Fixed version linked above by MDz
                All the Terminal apps in ATV Playstore are useless IMHO
                I would install Aptoide app using Chrome/Google
                I would install Terminal app from Aptoide
                Run Terminal and type in - reboot recovery <SEND>
                In Recovery choose Wipe Data
                Do not need to unpack file just put on USB/SD
                In Recovery choose Update from Ext
                Choose file

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
                  No expert here !
                  I would download the Fixed version linked above by MDz
                  All the Terminal apps in ATV Playstore are useless IMHO
                  I would install Aptoide app using Chrome/Google
                  I would install Terminal app from Aptoide
                  Run Terminal and type in - reboot recovery <SEND>
                  In Recovery choose Wipe Data
                  Do not need to unpack file just put on USB/SD
                  In Recovery choose Update from Ext
                  Choose file
                  thank you for your assistance.. just so i understand do you mean this terminal(https://natan-rosenfeld-terminal.en.aptoide.com/) or this one (https://terminal-emulator.en.aptoide.com/) and afterward i just type reboot recovery <enter> or do i need to put su in the first command
                  once again thanks to both yourself and Magendanz

Comment

The one I tried was just called Terminal and has 3K downloads on Aptoide uploaded by austroid
                    Black screen icon with simple >_ in VDU green

reboot recovery then click the SEND button

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      All my ROMs include the stock AOSP/LineageOS Terminal app, which can be activated by selecting "Local terminal" in Settings->Developer options. (If you haven't already enabled that hidden menu, you do it by clicking the build number in About 7 times.)

I was thinking normy62 was on the OEM ?

Comment

Working...
                    X