Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post
    Works well on stock OTA so far, no used for awhile
    Please can you backup and share Miracast APK? For example using the app backup function of ES File Explorer. I would do by myself but I can't update to stock firmware because I'm already on the modified one. Thanks.

Comment

Here's a link to a version of this OEM firmware update that will install from TWRP: M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171127.165619.V0928-fixed.zip

And here's the burn package: M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20171127.165619.V0928.img
      Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2017, 23:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        Here's a link to a version of this OEM firmware update that will install from TWRP: M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171127.165619.V0928-fixed.zip

And here's the burn package: M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20171127.165619.V0928.img
        Same problem with the fixed version: This package is for "M8S_PRO_L" devices; this is a "q20x".

P.S.
        The filename of downloaded file is M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171127.165619.V0928.zip and not M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171127.165619.V0928-fixed.zip. I think you uploaded the old unfixed file.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2017, 23:15.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right, I uploaded the original OTA update file, not the fixed one. The links above have been corrected.

Any changelog on what changed with this new firmware?

Comment

Well, it's supposed to address the system hangs, but it looks like they also broke the navigation bar. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be on the right, or with just a single volume button.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Well, it's supposed to address the system hangs, but it looks like they also broke the navigation bar. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be on the right, or with just a single volume button.
            What a mess. Good hardware supported by not too good official developers... They need Guest.

Comment

Is this latest one better than the previous one?

M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171109.180937.V0928

Is it worth updating?

Comment

1) Firmware:

I am bit confused now Guest what means the fix in your new version information.

what is the difference between the trebor zip-file of the 27.11 rom https://mega.nz/#F!uZFCxaLK!8xhrgRBGBObYPFakC-0X4A

and your´s which you call fixed http://freaktab.org/f916f433dea4ef01

this 2 links are going to two zip-files which have the same size (873,5 MB) and are from the same rom-date (27.11) and have the same rom-version v028

which one should i use to update my box which arrives next week?

I would use the ota update app which comes with the box to update, is that correct?

2) Stock rom:

after this update i would like to change to your stock rom Guest (not TV version) which is actually the one from 15.11 date

so will you update also this stock rom because there is new firmware with 27.11 date?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The original OEM release of the OTA update won't install from TWRP, because when doing environment checks it reads properties from the current build.prop (the recovery partition) instead the build.prop from the system partition. My version of the update script fixes that, and it also allows downgrading. Otherwise, the contents are identical.

For a brand new box on the OEM firmware, you can use either.

And yes, I'll be updating my Nexus custom ROM to use the new OEM release, but probably only the TVStock variant because they broke the navigation bar.

UPDATE: I was able to fix the nav bar, so I updated all three variants to be based on this new OEM firmware release.
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-03-2017, 21:36.

Hallo,

i´ve updated to the latest Stock Firmware.
                For me the Launcher ist totally useless. I have Apps that doesnt want to start via Sideload Launcher.. Before the sideload Launcher it did work. Only one App doesnt work with the other firmware and also doesnt work with sideload launcher.... Now I would like to restart the firmware back to the firmware of 18/9/2017. How can I do this without a reset button?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The OEM OTA updates won't let you downgrade, but I "fixed" this one so that it will (and so that it will also install from TWRP): http://freaktab.org/79ac73e6048c21d9

I have one question were do i get tv play store apk from? Can some send me this apk from the MECOOL M8S PRO L?????????????? I need the tv play store, not the usual android play store. Can some help me?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you checked out OpenGApps? They've got a TVStock variant that includes the Google Play Store for Android TV (Tubesky).

I was looking for the official MECOOL M8S PRO L app store as i want to install in on my emulator also.

Comment

thanks for the Fix.
                  but that isn´t the version i needed.
                  i need the Version of 18.09.2017! Before the Leanbacklauncher was included in Firmware.
                  Can you make a fix to donwgrade to this Version?M8S_PRO_L-ota-20170918.111557.V0619

Anyone has a working solution for APV? Every APK i tried,no one get the Video playing.
                  Last edited by Lux; 12-05-2017, 15:53.

Comment

I just received my M8S Pro L today and running heat test. I tried to install the firmware linked by Nitro82, but it fails. I am running the stock firmware "7.1.1 NHG 47L 20170918.11557.V0619. Been running some heat test before I install the update, but my box has locked up a couple of times already. I will keep testing for lock ups and heat issues, at this time I don't think the lockups are from excessive heat buildup.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you get a lockup that you can consistently reproduce, it would be great if you can upgrade to the 20171127.165619.V0928 OEM firmware release and see if that fixes the problem.

I was able to update to the latest official update from Nov. 27, by trying again by wiping both items from the include UPDATE app. It was a horrible update, Bluetooth did not work, and NO Chrome browser. Tried to down grade to the Nov. 11 update (which I was running on my "L" box that I killed), but it would not down grade. Was late, I was tired, so did not want to go to the hassle of forcing an update to the November 11, update.

Anyway, installed the latest update from Magendanz, and it smokes the stock firmware from Videostrong. Coffee on it's way to Magendanz..
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks again, Ronnie! :-)

My latest Nexus ROMs for M8S Pro L, however, are based on that last 20171127.165619.V0928 OEM firmware release. Please let me know if you have any more lock-ups with it. Despite all the new issues VideoStrong introduced in their efforts to move to the Leanback Launcher, I'm hoping that they fixed that problem.

BTW, I hear that a new OEM firmware update is imminent that "fixes" the wake from sleep issue...by removing the sleep function altogether. Am I the only one that thinks this is lame?

Comment

Working...
                  X