No announcement yet.

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep can be good but for a long time with a power supplies that MAY be well....If its off its off,
    Maybe need to improve Booting times of these boxes,
    Sleep wastes power...no matter how small.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but my current workaround is to just leave the device fully powered on, and that wastes considerably more power.

ok so i have created sd card with M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20171127.165619.V0928.img file and with tool Burn_Card_Maker after that i have run reboot update command on terminal emulator and have updated to that latest firrmware so my question is, how is that this rom is so different then original 09.18 20170918 and that no chrome is installed on it

ok so if i'm not mistaken
    .img firmware is for update using Burn Card Maker
    .zip for update using original recovery or twrp

Comment

I have not had a lock up at all on Magendanz's latest firmware mod. Temp running Kodi is still hitting the 200 degree F mark, but don't see any ill effects??
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hello,
        i tried your fix. Seems that there are some fragments of Leanback Launcher or something else remains in System. The App aborts again.
        Now i wan´t to make a full Flash with the Firmware and maybe a try of your non ATV Firmware.
        How can I make this without the Reset Button? I know Burn Card Maker. Does the L1 Key still remains?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, the new OEM firmware uses the Leanback Launcher, so that's by design. You can flash new ROMs with the Update app, or you can launch USB Burning Tool, load the burn package (.img file), hit Start, and then type "reboot update" from a terminal window. (Hopefully, this will be easier once Videostrong updates it bootloader to detect USB OTG without the reset button.)

Hi Magendaz and all,
        i update my M8S PRO L with this latest firmware.....but unfortunatly NETFLIX now play movie don't use all screen.... but is align on the left and is not all wide...
        With previous firmware NETFLIX works very well, in HD, full screen.

Please can you help me to come back to previous firmware?

Unfortunatly if i try to use Magendanz nexus firmware, RAIPLAY, portal for italian tv network crash and netflix don't start.

Where i found OTA upgrade for previous FW?
        is possible?

thanks
        Marco

Comment

sorry i miss photo....
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have recived firmware from videostrong did not try it will tomorrow https://mega.nz/#F!TUdwWRiR!SyS0doxz5qt3tePWFACong

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor-X View Post
              I have recived firmware from videostrong did not try it will tomorrow https://mega.nz/#F!TUdwWRiR!SyS0doxz5qt3tePWFACong
              That file is dated Nov. 11, don't think it is new.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I have asked what is latest stock rom for pro l and this i what i was getting, maybe this is rom with mecool launcher and not like from 27-th that is android tv

Comment

true,
                  this firmware can't be installed in OTA mode.
                  Procedure tell me that is not possible to install the firmware on a newer version.
                  someone have a link to an img file?
                  i finally have a terminal in the box and i can run a command to reboot into system update, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                    Works well on stock OTA so far, no used for awhile
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	ota.png
Views:	414
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	689957
                    Hi trebor,
                    u are an idol..i wish to have your knowledge..i have downloaded the firmware..but fail to update as it stucks on mecool screen... can u give me a guide how to update it?

Comment

Originally posted by nitro82 View Post

What a mess. Good hardware supported by not too good official developers... They need Guest.
                      Agreed..hardware spec is deceiving..i regret buying it. But sending it back will be a hard choice..that is y i keep looking for custom firmware..

Comment

Just flashed this 20171111 firmware (needed to modify zip so that i can update over twrp) and it comes with mecool launcher and not like rom from 27-th that is android tv rom works just fine better then stock 20170918 but nothing spectacular

Comment

For me, on my box i have latest stock installed....20171127 and i would like to back tpo mecool luncher in order to resolve netflix problem about screen, like detail previously....
                          but i have this error......how i come back to latest firmware with mecool luncher and where i can download firmware?
                          thanks
                          Marco
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, the OEM OTA update script won't let you downgrade (or install in TWRP). I fixed the script on some of these and posted here: http://freaktab.org/28~f

Just look for the "-fixed" suffix.

turtlegsr you can fixit yourself, unzip zip open file updater-script delete first 2 lines save and re-zip, Guest xplaned that in one of his post

Comment

Working...
                          X