No announcement yet.

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That last rom is strange no mecool launcher and gui is so big some sort of dpi problem

Comment

How to un-root stock rom and pass ctsfrofile detection

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor-X View Post
        That last rom is strange no mecool launcher and gui is so big some sort of dpi problem
        It has 320 density in build.prop, i changed it to 240 so it looks better, for tv screens, low density, high watching distance, you want it be less, maybe i will even lower it more, need to check it.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtom99 View Post

It has 320 density in build.prop, i changed it to 240 so it looks better, for tv screens, low density, high watching distance, you want it be less, maybe i will even lower it more, need to check it.
          How i can modify build.prop and which config need to change into 320?

Thanks
          Marco

Comment

Well i just edited it with es file explorer, you need to change the line

ro.sf.lcd_density

But i changed 320 to 240.

Save and restart, but be careful if you by accident change anything and it will be wrong then it wont start again.

But actually i found out there is an option in settings to change this without editing build.prop, go to more options, go to display and there it is, display size with a slider.
            There is also a separate option to change the font size if you don't like the size after display size change.

Comment

Can I flash this ROM to Mecool BB2 PRO, does it work, since there is no updated latest version from Mecool I tried to install VORKE and it has intermittent flickering issue. Please suggest.

Comment

I think that you cant crossflash and if you try i think that box get bricket

Comment

Originally posted by tomtom99 View Post
                  Well i just edited it with es file explorer, you need to change the line

ro.sf.lcd_density

But i changed 320 to 240.

Save and restart, but be careful if you by accident change anything and it will be wrong then it wont start again.

But actually i found out there is an option in settings to change this without editing build.prop, go to more options, go to display and there it is, display size with a slider.
                  There is also a separate option to change the font size if you don't like the size after display size change.
                  Thanks,
                  i will check immediatly this option....

Marco

Comment

Also the display size could be in accessibility options.

Comment

Ok i'm glad to inform that i have found a way to enable live wallpaper on the box if it is missing. (not all roms/oems have live wallpapers, but i wanted it, it looks cool)

First, you need to go here https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...lpaper-picker/ and choose your android version picker, my is OEM 7.1.1 but it probably will work with any 7.x apk.

Second, everywhere i read a tutorial they said to place it in system/app directory to make it a system application, but this don't work on my box, picker will just crash the moment you want to set a live wallpaper, probably this way it will not work on this boxes, so out of ideas trying to do it manually i found a tip, i installed it normally and then changed to a system application using an app called "lucky patcher" (official dl site https://www.luckypatchers.com/download/ do NOT use any other site)

So just install the picker, then go to lucky patcher, select that app (animated wallpaper), tools and convert to system app.

After i done that, restarted, it worked. I have also found out that it did put the apk in system directory, but in system/priv-app, so this is probably it, it need to be in priv-app folder not app folder.

I also copied a file to system/etc/permissions/ the file name is android.software.live_wallpaper.xml

Its content is here https://android.googlesource.com/pla..._wallpaper.xml

But i don't know if it is needed, it is some permissions thing, i will yet check if i can do everything again manually and if it will work too, without the use of any app.

Comment

Here's a link to the full burn package for the 20171216.102705.V0928 OEM firmware: http://freaktab.org/581ac9d6b390e622

Note that I've confirmed that the wake from sleep works now...but it's taking about 28 seconds. I'm not sure what they're doing, but it should take only 2-3 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          Here's a link to the full burn package for the 20171216.102705.V0928 OEM firmware: http://freaktab.org/581ac9d6b390e622

Note that I've confirmed that the wake from sleep works now...but it's taking about 28 seconds. I'm not sure what they're doing, but it should take only 2-3 seconds.
                          Do you have the zip file ? I'm in the stock room from 20171109

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post
                          Magendanz please, where i can found stock firmware 20171208.110230.V0928

i try to search in internet or in this forum but i don't find it, please can you send me a link?
                          in firmware 20171127.165619.V0928 netflix have problem to play movie in fullscreen...remember my picture?

i would like to test this last....

thanks in advance...
                          Marco
                          Is Netflix fixed in the last 201712 firmware?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Iosub View Post
                            Do you have the zip file ? I'm in the stock room from 20171109

Thanks
                            Thanks you

BTW, do you know if Netflix is able to watch in full screen ?
                            Thanks

Comment

Is launcher mecool or androidtv on latest firmware and how do you get this latest releases?

Comment

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It's the Android TV Launcher, and this release was shared to us directly from VideoStrong. We normally get them from the usual sources, but we'd started a dialog with VS on the wake from sleep issue.
                            Working...
                            X