No announcement yet.

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big Thnx Magendanz my Bluetooth Voice Controll works again , all other roms will not working Mircophone form Bluetooth Voice Control.

1 comment
    • Magendanz
      #146.1

Magendanz commented
      03-02-2018, 01:54

trebor got a raw snapshot of this for me from the M8S PRO L he was sent. I've converted it to a burn package and copied it here: http://freaktab.org/3cf0bbd6ddb21c8e

Note that this is not exactly what will be in the OEM release, because I have to repack the raw images and trim the bootloader image by hand. However, we're not getting anything out of VS or the online retailers until after the Chinese New Year.

Comment

Soulwing, can you be a little more explicit about losing your Voice control with the r emote?? I am making an assumption that you have the Mecool M8S Pro L with Bluetooth Voice remote?? What did you do to lose the voice control on your box... How did you get it back using Magendanz's img, using the Amlogicburn tool??

thanks
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        Soulwing, can you be a little more explicit about losing your Voice control with the r emote?? I am making an assumption that you have the Mecool M8S Pro L with Bluetooth Voice remote?? What did you do to lose the voice control on your box... How did you get it back using Magendanz's img, using the Amlogicburn tool??

thanks
        Yes i have that Mecool M8S Pro L with Bluetooth Voice remote form Gearbest.
        I had first flashed the Rom of Magendanz update_M8S_PRO_L-V0928_TVStock-20180109 I lost the voice control (Bluetooth Buggy?), then I tried it with the M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171216.102705.V0928-fixed restore but same problem.

Now have i dirt flash "did not want to reinstall everything" with USB Burning Tool M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180205.111652.V0928.img , Settings Only Enable Erase bootloader and now Works all fine again Netflix works too.

Sry my English is not that best.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulwing View Post
          I had first flashed the Rom of Magendanz update_M8S_PRO_L-V0928_TVStock-20180109 I lost the voice control (Bluetooth Buggy?), then I tried it with the M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171216.102705.V0928-fixed restore but same problem.

Now have i dirt flash "did not want to reinstall everything" with USB Burning Tool M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180205.111652.V0928.img , Settings Only Enable Erase bootloader and now Works all fine again Netflix works too.

Thank you, I was concerned about losing the voice control if I installed Magendanz's ROM, so you verified that it will kill the voice control. Good explanation.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            So, if you want to live on the bleeding edge, here's the M8S Pro L version of the Nexus TVStock custom ROM that I just released for the M8S Pro:

update_M8S_PRO_L-V0619_TVStock-20171001.zip

It's also based on this 20170918.111557.V0619 OEM firmware for the M8S Pro L, but it has the original OEM bootloader. It *should* work, but I still don't have my own M8S Pro L hardware to verify.
            Hi there i have sent you personal message

Comment

Originally posted by Soulwing View Post

Hi Soulwing,
              please can you help me to upgrade device using img file....
              i try many time but unsuccessfully, which step i should run to do this?

Until now i upgrade using ZIP file and OTA update using local file..
              thanks
              Marco

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post

Hi Soulwing,
                please can you help me to upgrade device using img file....
                i try many time but unsuccessfully, which step i should run to do this?

Until now i upgrade using ZIP file and OTA update using local file..
                thanks
                Marco
                Hi, i have use USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.8 + Image M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180205.111652.V0928.img , but Flash with power cable without breaking it off with error message in USB Burning Tool.

if you had OTA or Magendanz before it does not matter , both works as a basis.

Comment

If we have the stock atv rom, can we install another launcher?

Comment

I solved my problem with Bluetooth. The driver of the Sixaxis Controller starts next to the system, just deactivate it and restart, all OK for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor-X View Post
                      Just to verify are rom's for new and old pro l compatible?
                      Magendanz commented
                      03-05-2018, 20:51
                      You mean M8S PRO vs. M8S PRO L? The kernel and system images are compatible, but the bootloader isn't.
                      No i meen can i use rom that is made for pro l with voice remote on non voice pro l

Comment

We just received the official 20180205.111652.V0928 OTA update from VideoStrong: https://mega.nz/#!sVQH2QDa!DWb3Mv_e8...f2G-nb9oiMVV4A

Here's a version with the script fixed so that it can downgrade and install from TWRP Recovery: M8S_PRO_L-ota-20180205.111652.V0928-fixed.zip
                        Finally, here's the updated burn package with latest bootloader: M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180205.111652.V0928.img

Comment

We just received the official 20180205.111652.V0928 OTA update from VideoStrong: https://mega.nz/#!sVQH2QDa!DWb3Mv_e8...f2G-nb9oiMVV4A

Here's a version with the script fixed so that it can downgrade and install from TWRP Recovery: M8S_PRO_L-ota-20180205.111652.V0928-fixed.zip
                          Finally, here's the updated burn package with latest bootloader: M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180205.111652.V0928.img
                          do we know what kind of bugfixes there are?

Comment

I would imagine you will update your mecool pro l android tv rom based on this firmware at some point in the future?

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, but I've got a lot going on right now. Just announced my campaign to return to the Washington state legislature. http://bit.ly/2oDD2RC

I must say that i'm not impressed with this latest firmware, at least on my old pro l without voice remote.

​​​​​​1. problem i was having after update was how to skip screen for bluetooth remote without bluetooth remote (i manage to skip that by paring my phone with box in order to trigger next screen)

2. problem is incorect dpi so that text and menus are big

3. Problem is that chrome is not installed by default and i cant find it play store (so it needs to be sideloaded from non official source)

4. BIGEST PROBLEM is that some apps that was avalable in older firmware are not there (for instence tvheadend live tv)

Comment

Doktor-X,
                              Hello,
                              I got the same problem but i managed to install the apps i need via play store with this steps:
                              1-Enter in playstore in your pc and login with the same email and password you use on your m8s pro l;
                              2-Search for the apps you need and install them in your device, that should do it (check picture below).
                              Hope it helps.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.JPG Views:	3 Size:	58.0 KB ID:	713384

Comment

Working...
                              X