• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doktor-X View Post

Pair phone over bluebooth with box and you will skip that screen
    This

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      We just received the official 20180205.111652.V0928 OTA update from VideoStrong: https://mega.nz/#!sVQH2QDa!DWb3Mv_e8...f2G-nb9oiMVV4A

Here's a version with the script fixed so that it can downgrade and install from TWRP Recovery: M8S_PRO_L-ota-20180205.111652.V0928-fixed.zip
      Finally, here's the updated burn package with latest bootloader: M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180205.111652.V0928.img

Is this an android tv version of the ATV? or pure android?

Comment

there are many topics here about this Bos and I'm kind of confused.
        We have a firmware of the Magendanz android atv
        we have a firmware of Superceleron android ATV
        we have this official mecool android ATV firmware. here "We have just received the official OST 20180205.111652.V0928 update from VideoStrong"
        It is??
        Am I right?
        Somebody answer me? This is important to me.
        what are the differences between them?

Comment

Originally posted by berdroid10 View Post
          there are many topics here about this Bos and I'm kind of confused.
          We have a firmware of the Magendanz android atv
          we have a firmware of Superceleron android ATV
          we have this official mecool android ATV firmware. here "We have just received the official OST 20180205.111652.V0928 update from VideoStrong"
          It is??
          Am I right?
          Somebody answer me? This is important to me.
          what are the differences between them?
          Two are not official, but based on official firmware. One is official. It's not a rocket science. You can find differences in OPs of said threads.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleeyetom View Post

Two are not official, but based on official firmware. One is official. It's not a rocket science. You can find differences in OPs of said threads.
            Is the official firmware ATV?
            Android TV OS?
            "We just received the VideoStrong OST 20180205.111652.V0928 update"

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by berdroid10 View Post

Is the official firmware ATV?
              Android TV OS?
              "We just received the VideoStrong OST 20180205.111652.V0928 update"

Thank you
              Yes, now Videostrong uses a somewhat "official" Android TV OS on their boxes. It comes close to the official OS that is found on the Nexus Player, Xiaomi MiBox and the Nvida Sheild. However, the chromecast does NOT work, but visually, it appears very similar.

Edit: Here is what the stock firmware that ships with the newer boxes looks like. Go to the time of 5:30 to see what it looks like out of the box.

Mecool M8S L with Bluetooth Voice Remote form Geekbuying. Bluetooth on this remote is not working, as confirmed by P.X. from Freaktab.Box works well perhaps...
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Yes, now Videostrong uses a somewhat "official" Android TV OS on their boxes. It comes close to the official OS that is found on the Nexus Player, Xiaomi MiBox and the Nvida Sheild. However, the chromecast does NOT work, but visually, it appears very similar.

Edit: Here is what the stock firmware that ships with the newer boxes looks like. Go to the time of 5:30 to see what it looks like out of the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAE60JnCfU&t=2s
                Will this official firmware work will eat voice command mele F10 pro? Google assistant and voice search?

Comment

Hi All,

couple days ag i received my m8s pro L with voice control. I tried it for couple days and all worked fine, because my love for custom roms on android i did install the latest version of Magendanz nexus rom. After installing this rom i noticed that my voice control didnt work (because bluetooth connection). After this i tried different roms en latest stock firmware, but the bluetooth did stiill not work.
                  I tried also the extra option to enabel bluetooth but if i do this, it will not enabel and stay disabled. This is also for the wifi option, this doesnt work either.

Can someone help me? Guest ?

the latest installed firmware is M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180205.111652.V0928.img with usb burning tool (tried also only erase bootloader)

Comment

Originally posted by Cengiz87 View Post
                    Hi All,

couple days ag i received my m8s pro L with voice control. I tried it for couple days and all worked fine, because my love for custom roms on android i did install the latest version of Magendanz nexus rom. After installing this rom i noticed that my voice control didnt work (because bluetooth connection). After this i tried different roms en latest stock firmware, but the bluetooth did stiill not work.
                    I tried also the extra option to enabel bluetooth but if i do this, it will not enabel and stay disabled. This is also for the wifi option, this doesnt work either.

Can someone help me? Guest ?

the latest installed firmware is M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180205.111652.V0928.img with usb burning tool (tried also only erase bootloader)
                    I read on here someplace that VideoStrong is using different hardware for the WiFi and Bluetooth module. This would explain why yours is not working........ If that is the case, it is a really BAD move on the part of VideoStrong.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I read on here someplace that VideoStrong is using different hardware for the WiFi and Bluetooth module. This would explain why yours is not working........ If that is the case, it is a really BAD move on the part of VideoStrong.
                      clarkss12 is there any rom (stock or custom) with drivers of the new wifi en bluetooth module?

thnx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cengiz87 View Post

clarkss12 is there any rom (stock or custom) with drivers of the new wifi en bluetooth module?

thnx in advance.
                        Not that I am aware of.

Comment

Hi,
                          I upgrade my nexus M8S PRO to the Android Stock TV but I not vfery happu with this version.
                          I want to go back the the original version.
                          I didn't find the ZIP file to do that.
                          Could you help me

Here is the information I can see on my about device
                          Model :
                          Nexus M8S PRO

Version

Kernel version :
                          Mon Feb 5 11:19:24 CST 2018

Build :
                          M8S PRO-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L
                          20180205.111652.V0928

Comment

Originally posted by Fred59120 View Post
                            Hi,
                            I upgrade my nexus M8S PRO to the Android Stock TV but I not vfery happu with this version.
                            I want to go back the the original version.
                            I didn't find the ZIP file to do that.
                            Could you help me

Here is the information I can see on my about device
                            Model :
                            Nexus M8S PRO

Version

Kernel version :
                            Mon Feb 5 11:19:24 CST 2018

Build :
                            M8S PRO-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L
                            20180205.111652.V0928
                            The Pro has DDR4 whereas the "L" has DDR3 ram....... You say you have the PRO, and this thread is for the "L" version........

Comment

Hi Clarkss12
                              Thank for your answer, but I didn't find the topic for MECOOL M8S PRO ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S928
                              If you found it I will appreciated to share with me.
                              Thnaks

Comment

Originally posted by Fred59120 View Post
                                Hi Clarkss12
                                Thank for your answer, but I didn't find the topic for MECOOL M8S PRO ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S928
                                If you found it I will appreciated to share with me.
                                Thnaks
                                Here is the link for the PRO box.......

Comment

Working...
                                X