[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.X View Post
    Mecool M8s Pro L - Hardware Versions (my current understanding)

Label on bottom of box - Last two letters

LQ - Original boxes - Qualcom RF Chip - Compatible FW versions - V03/05/09xx - Custom ROMs available
    LS - Second version - S??? RF Chip - Compatible FW versions - V03/06/09xx - ditto

LB - Third version-03/2018+ - Broadcom RF Chip - Compatible FW version V02xx - No Custom ROMs Yet !
    - No OTA Yet - Backup IMG files available

HTH
    e&oe

Please supply any additional information / corrections
    Hello i have the lq box and i installed the nano stock cfw but i have issues wit wifi......Do you think can i solve my problem installing the original OTA?
    Last edited by alexei_gp; 05-18-2018, 23:19.

Comment

Hello guys,, my box is H96 PRO +, the ROM current was : AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2

and, i direct make SD card image then flashing it:

M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img,

cannt get into system, any one know what issues and how fo fixed?

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by SUSKY View Post
        Hello guys,, my box is H96 PRO +, the ROM current was : AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/16Gb - 3/32Gb - 3/64Gb - SCV7A 7.1.2

and, i direct make SD card image then flashing it:

M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img,

cannt get into system, any one know what issues and how fo fixed?

Thanks..
        That rom not suitable for your device.wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by alexei_gp View Post

Hello i have the lq box and i installed the nano stock cfw but i have issues wit wifi......Do you think can i solve my problem installing the original OTA?
          Of course if you install original stock rom it will solve your problems.

Comment

Where I can download original firmware to M8S Pro L With Voice Remote?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by helyblackstorm View Post
              Where I can download original firmware to M8S Pro L With Voice Remote?

Thanks.
              I used the stock firmware Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928) from Magendanz's thread....... Works perfectly on my "L" box WITH the Voice Remote and on my "L" box that came WITHOUT a voice remote. Now both boxes are identical and both can use the Voice Remote.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

******** BUTT, make sure you have a box with the "Q" and not other versions, or you will lose your WiFi. and maybe worse. ****
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I used the stock firmware Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928) from Magendanz's thread....... Works perfectly on my "L" box WITH the Voice Remote and on my "L" box that came WITHOUT a voice remote. Now both boxes are identical and both can use the Voice Remote.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1

******** BUTT, make sure you have a box with the "Q" and not other versions, or you will lose your WiFi. and maybe worse. ****
                Thanks.

But this rom is android TV like that come the with the device? Or MOD like android tv that comes other tv boxes?

Comment

Thanks.

But this rom is android TV like that come the with the device? Or MOD like android tv that comes other tv boxes?
                  The firmware linked in the first post is NOT the Android TV version....... The Android TV version that uses the Google Leanback Launcher came later........
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Emulators like PPSSPP work well with this rom?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 4 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

The firmware linked in the first post is NOT the Android TV version....... The Android TV version that uses the Google Leanback Launcher came later........
                      So this rom (20180205.111652.V0928) from Magendanz's thread will not work youtube in 4k nor netflix in Full H ?.

And there is a custom firmware for this android TV version that uses the Google Leanback Launcher?

Sorry for the bunch of questions but I entered this world of tv box now and I'm kind of lost with so much information.

Thank you very much for the tips.

Sorry bad english.

Comment

So this rom (20180205.111652.V0928) from Magendanz's thread will not work youtube in 4k nor netflix in Full H ?.

And there is a custom firmware for this android TV version that uses the Google Leanback Launcher?

Sorry for the bunch of questions but I entered this world of tv box now and I'm kind of lost with so much information.

Thank you very much for the tips.

Sorry bad english.
                        "So this rom (20180205.111652.V0928) from Magendanz's thread will not work youtube in 4k nor netflix in Full H ?" That ROM, WILL support Netflix in 1080p With DD+(Dolby Digital) and YouTube WILL play in 4K.

Comment

"So this rom (20180205.111652.V0928) from Magendanz's thread will not work youtube in 4k nor netflix in Full H ?" That ROM, WILL support Netflix in 1080p With DD+(Dolby Digital) and YouTube WILL play in 4K.
                          Thanks ... but my version is "LB" - last two letters in label bottom the box.

By coments in this thread is best to leave in stock rom...

But again, I am very grateful for your help.

Comment

Thanks ... but my version is "LB" - last two letters in label bottom the box.

By coments in this thread is best to leave in stock rom...

But again, I am very grateful for your help.
                            Yes, do NOT try to update your firmware..........

Comment

Yes, do NOT try to update your firmware..........
                              Do you maybe have a link to the original FW for "LB" version, I'm having trouble finding it. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Mum View Post

Do you maybe have a link to the original FW for "LB" version, I'm having trouble finding it. TIA
                                It is my understanding that there isn't one, but there is a backup that someone made that is floating around here somewhere.......

Comment

Working...
                                X