No announcement yet.

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I'm new to the android TV box and i'm thinking of getting the Mecool M8S Pro L that comes with widevine drm, 4k YouTube Netflix. Will installing this custom firmware result in losing this widevine drm, 4k YouTube Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning69 View Post
      Hi. I'm new to the android TV box and i'm thinking of getting the Mecool M8S Pro L that comes with widevine drm, 4k YouTube Netflix. Will installing this custom firmware result in losing this widevine drm, 4k YouTube Netflix?
      No, lose nothing. It is 4k youtube and FHD netflix.

Comment

Be careful swapping firmwares, Mecool has changed components on their boxes.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thank you. So it all depends on what hardware version I will be getting. What do this custom firmware fix and what is not working? Or should I just stick to stock firmware?

Comment

Thank you. So it all depends on what hardware version I will be getting. What do this custom firmware fix and what is not working? Or should I just stick to stock firmware?
            Custom firmware in most cases tend to be better than stock firmware.depending on what variant of box you get you may not be able to use custom rom.the LB variant has not got a custom rom available at this point in time.the stock rom is ok though.

Comment

I received my Mecool M8S Pro L and the hardware shows S912 3GB 32GB DDR3 LB. So can I flash with this custom firmware? I order 2 units and both units having problem with Youtube app. The Youtube app will hang up all the time. Anyone can advise how to solve the Youtube app crom crashing or hanging up. Btw, the Youtube app can stream 4k youtube video smooth but it just hang up after about a minute.

The other thing is the Chrome app. The Chrome app is default to mobile site but I want it to start with desktop site. I have done a google search and the is a method that requires transfer chrome-command-line file. I try but could not transfer the file because I think the unit is not rooted. There is a install via zip through recovery boot but how do I boot into recovery with the Mecool box?

Comment

I received my Mecool M8S Pro L and the hardware shows S912 3GB 32GB DDR3 LB. So can I flash with this custom firmware? I order 2 units and both units having problem with Youtube app. The Youtube app will hang up all the time. Anyone can advise how to solve the Youtube app crom crashing or hanging up. Btw, the Youtube app can stream 4k youtube video smooth but it just hang up after about a minute.

The other thing is the Chrome app. The Chrome app is default to mobile site but I want it to start with desktop site. I have done a google search and the is a method that requires transfer chrome-command-line file. I try but could not transfer the file because I think the unit is not rooted. There is a install via zip through recovery boot but how do I boot into recovery with the Mecool box?
                At this time don't try flashing anything. As far as YouTube, go into the settings for apps and uninstall the YouTube updates, see if that solves the problem. Been awhile since I used the command line to make Chrome to the desktop mode as default, so I don't remember. I just have to to the settings in Chrome each time I use it.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

At this time don't try flashing anything. As far as YouTube, go into the settings for apps and uninstall the YouTube updates, see if that solves the problem. Been awhile since I used the command line to make Chrome to the desktop mode as default, so I don't remember. I just have to to the settings in Chrome each time I use it.
                  Thank you. I'm planning to use it as my PC so I really need to have Chrome default to desktop mode instead of changing the setting for every page,

Comment

https://nexus5.gadgethacks.com/how-t...droid-0159709/

Use a reboot recovery app

Boxes are Rooted but may need control app installing

Comment

Hi guys. I just received an LB from BG last week and right off it would just hang at the Mecool screen. The folks at BG sent me a firmware link and asked me to try flashing it. I was working my way through this thread and tried lots of things, only to discover that the firmware BG wanted me to flash would have been the wrong one for the LB (they sent me to a link with an old v0928 release) . It doesn't really matter because i never got it to flash, or even start flashing. I did try flashing by shorting the pins with the fw on the SD card and now the Voice remote does nothing. I used to be able to get to the recovery option screen by holding the power button while powering up. Can i fix this?
                      So, now that I know which firmware to flash (is there a posting with a link to the 02xx version? I have to go back and look...) I need to know how to flash it to the box (presuming the box works at all). I'm unsure which method, if any, might work. Keep in mind that I'm a newb. Thanks for your help

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ZilogZ80 View Post
                        Hi guys. I just received an LB from BG last week and right off it would just hang at the Mecool screen. The folks at BG sent me a firmware link and asked me to try flashing it. I was working my way through this thread and tried lots of things, only to discover that the firmware BG wanted me to flash would have been the wrong one for the LB (they sent me to a link with an old v0928 release) . It doesn't really matter because i never got it to flash, or even start flashing. I did try flashing by shorting the pins with the fw on the SD card and now the Voice remote does nothing. I used to be able to get to the recovery option screen by holding the power button while powering up. Can i fix this?
                        So, now that I know which firmware to flash (is there a posting with a link to the 02xx version? I have to go back and look...) I need to know how to flash it to the box (presuming the box works at all). I'm unsure which method, if any, might work. Keep in mind that I'm a newb. Thanks for your help

M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.14 3701.V0213.img you can try this one using usb burning tool if you can connect box to computer using terminal emulater or shorting pins.its for LB VERSION BOXES.google search will find you download link.

Comment

I will try. At this point all the box will do is boot to the Mecool screen, will shorting the pins make it visible to the USB burning tool.?

Comment

I will try. At this point all the box will do is boot to the Mecool screen, will shorting the pins make it visible to the USB burning tool.?

try it.nothing to lose.

Comment

Hi I have 2 M8S Pro L. The problem with the YouTube App freezing is actually with the YouTube App version 2.03.04. If you go to the Google Play Store, select to uninstall updates it should now work with version 2.02.08 without problems and no more freezes. If you want, go to Aptoide TV and update the YouTube app to version 2.02.14 that also works well. The only problem is that the YouTube App will update itself again for this new version 2.03.04 that has problems, unless you disable the apps automatically updates in the Google Play Store settings.
                              Last edited by adrdidi; 07-21-2018, 10:46.

Comment

Hi you don’t need to open your box and short the pins. Turn off your box, make the USB burning tool ready to recover the image and as soon you connect the male to male USB cable to the computer keep pressing the menu button (the one that has 3 bars) on the remote control ( don’t hold the button, press and release many times until Burning tool is ready). Another thing that some people don’t know is although the remote control is Bluetooth, when the box is off it works as infrared only, this means direct the remote control towards the front of the box.

Comment

Working...
                                X