No announcement yet.

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this update for M8S Pro L ( LB + Bluetooth remote)? Have anyone tried before?

Thanks

Comment

Oui j'ai cette version elle fonctionne tr?s bien mais netflix ne fonctionne plus ni amazon prime video

Comment

Originally posted by lpy9006 View Post

Is this update for M8S Pro L ( LB + Bluetooth remote)? Have anyone tried before?

Thanks
        Yes, its the right one for a Mecool S912 LB.

Comment

Originally posted by LilSnoop40 View Post
        what is the preferred firmware to run on this box as i am currently running the Nexus?

Thank you
        Anyone? i am wondering how to configure this somethings on the android side as i have noticed when using Kodi .apk and streaming i think it could be running smoother:

on the android software side:

screen resolution

auto switch to best resolution on or off?
        dolby vision on or off?

Model
        Nexus M8S Pro L

Version

Kernel version
        Mon Feb 5 11:19:24 CST 2018

Build
        M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L
        20180205.111652.V0928

on the kodi side, do i let both the hardware accelerators enabled or disabled?

any more advise or tweaks would be great!

Thank you

Comment

I have just tried to update my Mecool M8S Pro LB, with the M8S_PRO_LB-20181018.101400.V0213.img.zip, from usb, when it reboots, I have the dead android, & a message saying signature verification failed.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            That file is an Amlogic burn package (.img file), not an OTA update that you can install from System Update. I compressed it just to save space.

cool, is this the new OEM that you will base your new ROM?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, I always try to base mine on the latest OEM firmware release.

I'll give the sd card maker a whirl
          Last edited by bubblegum57; 12-12-2018, 21:48.

Comment

Guest i just flashed the M8S_PRO_LB-20181018.101400.V0213.img and there is just the regular surface from mecool, no more Android Boot Logo and no ATV Surface.
            Is this really the right one for a Mecool M8S PRO L (LB) 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 Bluetooth 4.1 + HS - EU PLUG VOICE REMOTE CONTROL ( 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM )?
            And as Boot Intro plays "MBOX" Movie.
            Last edited by jimbobTV; 12-12-2018, 22:27.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              It's the OEM firmware that was shipped on a new box. I haven't done anything to it other than reduce the partition images and wrap them as an Amlogic burn package suitable for flashing with USB Burning Tool or Bootcard Maker.

It is interesting that the OEM has reverted to their old launcher, though. I wonder if they're giving up on Android TV.
              Last edited by Guest; 12-14-2018, 05:47.

Originally posted by paposeco View Post
            Hi guys,

I have the Mecool M8S Pro L (LQ version) and can't figure out which OTA firmware is the latest.
            I have the 20171216.102705.V0928.

So far no problems so I never bothered updating, but now with the netflix problem I'm guessing I'm going to have to get it as up to date as possible when the netflix fix comes out.
            I'm pretty happy with stock firmware no mods needed.

Thanks guys.
            Guest can you help with this maybe?
            Sorry for being a pain.

Comment

Guest I have tried downloading this file twice. It is corrupt!
              "There's a newer OEM release (20181018.101400.V0213) here: http://freaktab.org/80bd15e188e655f2"

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                No, you're just using the wrong tool to flash it. This is an Amlogic burn package (.img file), not an OTA update.

No mate I know that.
              I try unzipping it and extracting the img file - it is corrupt!

Comment

I extracted it with 7Zip no problems. I then had to try 3 or 4 microsd cards, before I got Card maker to burn to sd card. I didn't bother to try it on my device. I have given up with this box, because of netflix. I am getting a shield

Comment

Ive tried latest 7 Zip x32 and x64 also latest Winrar, downloaded 3 times - data error every time.

Comment

Guest "It is interesting that the OEM has reverted to their old launcher, though. I wonder if they're giving up on Android TV."

see, i was thinking the same, guess Google made them clear, that they are not 100% certified
                    Since i am still testing a lot, i went back to M8S_PRO_L-ota-20180913.182655.V0213 until you hopefully get your Rom on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbobTV View Post
                      Guest "It is interesting that the OEM has reverted to their old launcher, though. I wonder if they're giving up on Android TV."

see, i was thinking the same, guess Google made them clear, that they are not 100% certified
                      Since i am still testing a lot, i went back to M8S_PRO_L-ota-20180913.182655.V0213 until you hopefully get your Rom on the way.
                      Hi jimbobTV , is that the latest OTA version? I have the Mecool M8S Pro L (LQ version) and can't figure out which OTA firmware is the latest.
                      I have the 20171216.102705.V0928.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X