No announcement yet.

[Firmware Stock] OTA MECOOL M8S PRO L ANDROID 7.1 AMLOGIC S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i flash the image to box after use the burn card maker ?

Comment

From my previous post As you plug the power cable back in, press the context button on the remote very quickly, or install android Terminal Emulator app & run reboot update

Comment

1. Download the image for your model M8S Pro L to a Windows PC (Google it)
        2. Download and install the USB Burning Tool on your PC.
        3. Run the USB Burning Tool on the PC - Select the Language from the middle tab.
        4. Do NOT power up the M8S media box, but rather plug a USB-A to USB-A cable from the M8S Pro L to the PC
        5. Quickly press the Menu button on the Media Box's remote (3 bars button). Keep pressing until you see that there is a connection between the M8S and the USB Burning Tool under Device ID.
        6. In the USB Burning Tool go to File >> Import image ... then press Start and wait until it is finished.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Alternatively, you can press Start before you make the USB connection and the flash will begin automatically when the WorldCup drivers see the device.

Hi , i tried M8S_PRO_LB-20181018.101400.V0213 on my lb version box but as other attempts fails. It stucks on 7% formatting and then terminates and says as the image.
        I tryied with usb burning tool 2.1.6. For long time i have only blue light .

Can someone help me cause the device is useless for 5 months, and it is my first box...

Comment

try a different sd card. I used the burn card maker instead of the burning tool.

Comment

Just a quick question

If I want to use a SD card on recovery mode
            Do I need a IMG file or a ZIP file or I need to "burn and omg file to the sdcard

Thanks in advance

Comment

Burn the img file with the burn card maker. i would tick the other boxes in the card make to set partition? & format first.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post
                Burn the img file with the burn card maker. i would tick the other boxes in the card make to set partition? & format first.

Got it
                I try that tonight

Comment

How to use burn card maker if i can't enter in recovery mode? (with menu button can't do ti anymore)
                  Is there a way to format my device and then run usb burning tool?

Comment

work perfectly thanks again

Comment

Hi @Mangendaz My device is the MECOOL M8S PRO L (LB) M8S-PRO-LB-20180417.150752.V0213

M8S_PRO_LB-20181018.101400.V0213.img Hi, magendaz, I wanted to ask you what is the difference of these firwares.

Another thing the device gives me the option to update via ote, will all my applications be erased?
                      It's worth updating

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        About 6 months. :-)

Sorry, I haven't done a diff on these, so I'm not sure what changed. Wish the OEM included change logs.

I can't say what is the difference with the other previous rom
                      but I did flash my box with sdcard /recovery method M8S_PRO_LB-20181018.101400.V0213.img
                      And a it work perfectly
                      I can't talk about Netflix HD
                      YouTube HD work flawless

PS during the flash process the box take some time to get ready be patient.

Comment

How can i do now ?Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1718
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	756007

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The S905X2 and S905Y2 require Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.1.6.8 or later.

I have never had luck with the usb burn tool

I used Amlogic burn card maker
                        I use the format card option

Once "burn"
                        Unplug power the box
                        Insert the sdcard
                        Plug the power to the box
                        Quickly press menu button on your remote ( question of second here)

Let the box do is job and update it take some time.

Ps
                        I did download at least 7 differents date rom ?nd only 2 was working properly.

Comment

I know my file is working fine (for me)
                          Not sure if I should upload it here maybe?

My img file size is 1.10 gb ( 1 178 224 528)

Comment

Working...
                          X