Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mien3k View Post
    Can I rollback? I can't find the OTA app.
    If you want to roll back to OEM ? You need to enable Terminal, see post 1.
    Run Terminal. Type reboot recovery and hit Enter/Return.
    Box should reboot to TWRP Recovery.
    You need a Mouse or Keyboard/Pad to Swipe to allow changes.
    Then install OEM update.zip from USB/SD

E&OE
    HTH
    Expert may give better advice !

Comment

I made the update but in the basic screen doesn't appear the button on-off for example and the button right-left

Comment

Originally posted by Mples View Post
        I made the update but in the basic screen doesn't appear the button on-off for example and the button right-left
        Still not sure I understand, but on the ATV launcher screen move about using the direction keys L/R/U/D Arrow heads.

The search button at the top needs to be "pressed" using OK button then use Right arrow key to move to Text Box which brings up on screen keyboard.

Comment

I made the update but in the basic screen doesn't appear the button on-off Bottom Left

Comment

Originally posted by Mples View Post
            I made the update but in the basic screen doesn't appear the button on-off Bottom Left
            Strange ? May have to wait for Magendanz for a proper answer then ....

Comment

The Power button is actually a feature of TvSettings.apk, which includes a manifest entry to expose it in the Leanback Settings area. Unfortunately, VideoStrong removed it in the underlying OEM firmware.

Comment

Thanks.
                That explains it, may want to change the stock photo in Post 1 or add a note.
                I am still testing my, newly arrived today, L box .... so yet to update to MD ATV

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, my plan was to add it back, which is why I waited to update the screenshot. It's not clear why they removed it, but I like having it there because I use a Harmony hub that emulates the Nexus Player Bluetooth remote ...and that has no power button.

BTW, the M8S Pro L is now my main TV box at home (replacing the Beelink GT1). I'm liking it.

which is the reset button ?

I made it a brick

Comment

Edit
                  Flag

1 comment

#22.1
                  Magendanz commented
                  10-19-2017, 21:07
                  Well, my plan was to add it back, which is why I waited to update the screenshot. It's not clear why they removed it, but I like having it there because I use a Harmony hub that emulates the Nexus Player Bluetooth remote ...and that has no power button.

BTW, the M8S Pro L is now my main TV box at home (replacing the Beelink GT1). I'm liking it.
                  Yay ! Even better if you can put it back.

Nice box the L. Very nippy round the menus and such.

One crash to S/By after just a few seconds but nothing untoward since ..... Slightly bigger OEM heatsink at 28x28mm but still only 6mm high.
                  I just fitted a 22x22 10mm high on a Pro+ box that kept random crashing and it has worked fine all night. Used some good quality MX2 thermal paste for the test fit and that is probably the biggest factor. Plenty of room in the boxes for 10mm high sinks so why don't they just fit them as standard and use proper quality heatsink glue ????

No reset button on my L box again and the eMMC is a Kingston 16GB

EDIT : Random "Crashes-to-Standby" not crashes at all, and not heat related (probably) - Just found it is the box misinterpreting something in the IR stream as a Power-Button press (or the remote sending the wrong signal?)
                  Last edited by P.X; 10-19-2017, 23:50.

Comment

img. file ?? flashtool

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I haven't been able to find an .img file for this device yet, which is somewhat understandable given that it doesn't have a reset switch. It's pretty critical to have for recovering after a bad flash, though, and we do a lot of that during custom ROM development. I can solder on a switch, but that's not an option for most end users.

Even if I get the .img file, it will probably be "for emergency uses only". The OTA update will have to be the main way to install new ROMs.

and now I made it a brick what do I do?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The same thing that I'm doing with my first box that I bricked flashing the M8S Pro bootloader. We wait for an .img file so that we can flash in Mask ROM mode. Without an .img file, though, we're SOL.

Just out of curiosity, how'd you brick it? The OTA update worked fine for me.

I accidentally deleted the inner space

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure what "inner space" means, but if TWRP recovery is intact, you can just reinstall the OTA update. You'll need to short the reset pads on the PCB and hold it for about 20 seconds while connecting the power. Alternatively, you might just be able to press and hold the number 1 key on the IR remote, which is something just revealed on this GeekBuying blog post: http://blog.geekbuying.com/2017/10/m...date-20171017/

Somebody said it is the 3-Dashes Button (Menu) on the Pro L to access the recovery mode !

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Neither worked for me just now. Anyone have success entering recovery by holding a button on the IR remote?

You'll need to short the reset pads on the PCB and hold it for about 20 seconds while connecting the power. Alternatively,Â* ??????

what is it that I need to short-circuit
                    €‹and how it opens the box
                    Last edited by Mples; 10-20-2017, 00:54.

Comment

1 comment
                      • #28.1

Magendanz commented
                        10-20-2017, 00:49

Neither worked for me just now. Anyone have success entering recovery by holding a button on the IR remote?
                      Sorry - The post I saw said it was used to boot from SD/external so may not be to boot to recovery ?

May have to short the reset pads !!

Comment

Working...
                      X