Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I've just buyed the Meecol M83 Pro +. It is the same as this one?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. That's a S905X box. Search in that part of the forum.

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Is there anything Mples can do except wait and hope VS release a corrected version ?

He can load your ROM I guess ?
    thousand thank you guys worked

Always be well

thousand thanks in
    Magendanz

Comment

Originally posted by Mples View Post

thousand thank you guys worked

Always be well

thousand thanks in
      Magendanz
      Hello, Mples, can you explain exactly what you did to get your box working?? Also, did you get Mangendanz's ROM installed on your box?? Thanks
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Hello, Mples, can you explain exactly what you did to get your box working?? Also, did you get Mangendanz's ROM installed on your box?? Thanks
        I put the rom that Magedanz made me

now I'm with stock

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to create a custom build of the 20170919.150557.V0619 OEM OTA update for him that removed the environment checks, since he had wiped his system partition.

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post
        Can Magendanz or anyone please weigh in here, my box keeps going off after being idle for a while, say overnight, and i have to unplug and plug it back in to switch it on. Both my mini m8s ii and alfawise S92 stays on even when i leave them idle for two days straight, I have checked and rechecked the backdrop settings etc, don't know where am getting it wrong, Any and all help will be appreciated.
        the same is done to me

Comment

Can Magendanz or anyone please weigh in here, my box keeps going off after being idle for a while, say overnight, and i have to unplug and plug it back in to switch it on. Both my mini m8s ii and alfawise S92 stays on even when i leave them idle for two days straight, I have checked and rechecked the backdrop settings etc, don't know where am getting it wrong, Any and all help will be appreciated.
          The same happens to me. Impossible to turn on with the remote, I have to unplug and plug it back to switch on the box. Any solution? Thanks.

Comment

Good evening. I received a box Mecool M8S Pro L, but it is constantly blocking. Unlocks only when unplugged. I have already installed this version of the update, but the problem remains. Any suggestion? Have you thought about getting the beelink gt1 ultimate firmware, will it be compatible? Anticipated thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, I'm in the process of porting this M8S Pro L firmware to the GT1. I've not heard anyone else complaining of hangs or crashes.

Guest crashes and blocks (after being idle for a while) happen to me, sweetnonso and Mples too. For example after every night I have to unplug and plug it back to switch on the box.

Comment

Originally posted by nitro82 View Post
              Guest crashes and blocks (after being idle for a while) happen to me, sweetnonso and Mples too. For example after every night I have to unplug and plug it back to switch on the box.
              I ve just swapped the HDMI cable that came with the box with an HDMI cable I have lying around in the house. Am just trying any and all things, maybe I will get lucky, or Guest will figure it out at some point.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Main problem here is that I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. The M8S Pro L is my main media player in my living room, and has been working like a trooper. No freezes, crashes or unexpected shutdowns.

I ve just swapped the HDMI cable that came with the box with an HDMI cable I have lying around in the house. Am just trying any and all things, maybe I will get lucky, or Guest will figure it out at some point.
              Another problem I have is that, even if I choose "sleep now' in "Powerkey definition", when I press the button on remote it turns off and not goes on sleep. Practically it gives me the same behaviour of "shutdown" option. Do you have this too?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                That problem is documented in the Known Issues section in the Release Notes. It's with the underlying OEM firmware and I'm surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

Originally posted by nitro82 View Post

Another problem I have is that, even if I choose "sleep now' in "Powerkey definition", when I press the button on remote it turns off and not goes on sleep. Practically it gives me the same behaviour of "shutdown" option. Do you have this too?
              I can't get it to sleep either, not that it bothers me much. Don't have any of the other crashing issues, or need to unplug it, ever. All fine.

Comment

i changed my power definition function on the remote to reboot so it boots into LibreElec to make changing OS easier.

Comment

and for me crashes and blocks after being idle

Comment

Hello, can anyone help by typing exactly the commands to access TWRP through the terminal app?
                    Thank you

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Type "reboot recovery" from Terminal.

Originally posted by jomagaar View Post
                    Hello, can anyone help by typing exactly the commands to access TWRP through the terminal app?
                    Thank you
                    Since this rom is rooted, why not just install the android tv app REBOOT RECOVERY from the android tv playstore. it makes your life so much easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X