Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natman View Post
    Maybe someone with the new LB version but with the voice remote and the ATV firmware can tell us which wifi chipset its box uses... to further clarify the situation...

In the meantime, nobody can tell me if Amazon Prime Video ever works with the M8S Pro L (any firmware/hardware configuration)?
    Amazon Prime Video wont work on any TV box with Android TV OS due to the love-hate relation AMazon and Google have..but then again im not sure why it wont work on the non ATV version

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

That is an interesting observation. My last understanding was that VidoeStrong/Mecool were ONLY going to use the Android TV OS on their boxes, and not the touch version. BUT, I hear a lot of complaints on this site, that some people PREFER the touch version of the OS, so perhaps VS and Mecool are monitoring these forums and decided to satisfy both groups. So, your observation makes sense, that the Voice version would have the Android TV OS and the NON Voice version of the same "L" box would have the touch version.........

Just my crazy thoughts.
      If Vs and mecool are monitoring these forums how about them addressing the problems people are having and putting out some firmwares.

Comment

I receive two Mecool M8S Pro L, LB version. I’m running stock rom and mainly using it for streaming movies and tv shows on kodi, a few apps and my iptv service. Box runs great for what I use it for, haven’t noticed any real issues.

I purchased the boxes for a supplier on Alibaba.

The box does feel a little hot to the touch, but haven’t had any random freezing.

What app can I install to see the temp the box is running?

Also would you guys like me to open it up and post any specific hardware specs?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
          I receive two Mecool M8S Pro L, LB version. I’m running stock rom and mainly using it for streaming movies and tv shows on kodi, a few apps and my iptv service. Box runs great for what I use it for, haven’t noticed any real issues.

The box does feel a little hot to the touch, but haven’t had any random freezing.

Thanks
          Stock ROM, doesn't mean anything anymore. Is it running the Leanback launcer, or the older Mecool launcer?? Also, did you get the "L" with or without the Bluetooth Voice Remote??? thanks.

CPUtemp is the app to test the CPU temperature.. You can get it from the Aptoid store or searching from your Chrome browser.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Stock ROM, doesn't mean anything anymore. Is it running the Leanback launcer, or the older Mecool launcer?? Also, did you get the "L" with or without the Bluetooth Voice Remote??? thanks.

CPUtemp is the app to test the CPU temperature.. You can get it from the Aptoid store or searching from your Chrome browser.
            I have voice remote with Leanback launcher.

Thanks.

Comment

I have voice remote with Leanback launcher.

Thanks.
              Thanks, that helps, lots of confusion going around. Some people are getting the "L" boxes with the older Mecool launcher. Very strange what Video Strong/Mecool are doing with their hardware and software components.......

I am so confused, I have no idea what firmware works on any boxes anymore........
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks
                CPU temp app.to monitor temperature.wifi module in LB variant is broadcom 4335.i use fan underneath my box.it is a must.

Comment

Thanks, that helps, lots of confusion going around. Some people are getting the "L" boxes with the older Mecool launcher. Very strange what Video Strong/Mecool are doing with their hardware and software components.......

I am so confused, I have no idea what firmware works on any boxes anymore........
                  Do the L boxes with older launcher have voice control? I really like this box with its specs, but still worry the life span with the heat issues.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

CPU temp app.to monitor temperature.wifi module in LB variant is broadcom 4335.i use fan underneath my box.it is a must.
                    You would think they would fix this issue. I’m sure those cost to fix heat issue outweighs that profits.

Comment

@ al8782 : it can be useful if you take some photos of your mainboard and of the wifi chipset, just to confirm that the LB with voice remote has some hardware differences from the LB with voiceless remote...

BTW, it seems that all the LB with the voiceless remote have the mecool OEM launcher and run an hybrid version of Android TV (no leanback launcher, app store for ATV) ...

Comment

Originally posted by natman View Post
                        @ al8782 : it can be useful if you take some photos of your mainboard and of the wifi chipset, just to confirm that the LB with voice remote has some hardware differences from the LB with voiceless remote...

BTW, it seems that all the LB with the voiceless remote have the mecool OEM launcher and run an hybrid version of Android TV (no leanback launcher, app store for ATV) ...
                        Ok I’ll do that tomorrow after work.

Comment

You would think they would fix this issue. I’m sure those cost to fix heat issue outweighs that profits.
                          Not likely to happen since they are now fitting cheaper clone wi-fi modules to save them pennies.

Comment

@ supermal: it seems that also the LB "voiceless" variant has the Broadcom 4335. I've attached a dmesg output from my box...

M8S Pro L Dmesg.txt.zip

Comment

Not likely to happen since they are now fitting cheaper clone wi-fi modules to save them pennies.
                              Brutal

Comment

That is sad because Videostrong/Mecool were raising the bar, by first installing a semi-official Android TV OS on there select boxes, then all of their boxes. Then they set the standard for including a voice control remote. They are/were kicking the other manufactures butt, that are not following suit......

A few manufactures are starting to follow suit, so Videostrong/Mecool MUST get their act together or they will fall to the wayside.

Comment

Working...
                                X