Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post
    I have just installed this firmware on my device, but for some reason, i no longer have audio, do i need to change any settings? can anyone please help?
    Hi ! I have just installed this version on my Mecool M8S Pro L and true, my audio would not work at first, but then I went to Settings and under Audio, just turn off the Surround sound and it worked for me. I dont know whether it is a bug or what but I am happy with the audio now.

By the way is it possible to have a regular Google Play Store, there soooo many apps that I cant find on this new Google Play. I tried with Lucky Patcher, but to no availl

Comment

Originally posted by kingsemperor View Post

Hi ! I have just installed this version on my Mecool M8S Pro L and true, my audio would not work at first, but then I went to Settings and under Audio, just turn off the Surround sound and it worked for me. I dont know whether it is a bug or what but I am happy with the audio now.

By the way is it possible to have a regular Google Play Store, there soooo many apps that I cant find on this new Google Play. I tried with Lucky Patcher, but to no availl
      Download, apkpure or apkmirror apk as an alternative. U cant have the regular google play store on an android tv rom.

Comment

I too have the rather annoying standby crash.
        I've only had the box a couple of days and it's done it numerous times.
        A couple of times I've been using the box left the room and come back and it's crashed.
        For me it is completely random.
        I just wish there was a fix because this is a great little box and ideal for me as I have a don't tv with the android interface so with the nexus arc rom it's easy for the Mrs to navigate!

I was going to order another but this random crash is making me think twice.

Comment

How can I load this firmware in my M8S pro L? I try to load it with the stock recovery but i have and error "failed to map file". I have an usb with fat32 format with de zip file
          Last edited by xavils; 10-30-2017, 21:41.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're starting with the stock OEM firmware, just use the Update app, select the .zip file, check Wipe Data and click Confirm.

Originally posted by xavils View Post
          How can I load this firmware in my M8S pro L? I try to load it with the stock recovery but i have and error "failed to map file". I have an usb with fat32 format with de zip file
          Yes , I did it, but it doesn't work.

Comment

Hi everyone ! I am thinking of buying the Mecool M8S pro L 3GB / 32GB. I bought the 16GB version and the update works fine.

Does anyone know whether the update would work in the same manner with the 32GB version ? is it flashable to a 32GB version ? Any bugs known ?

Thanks !

Comment

Hi everyone ! I am thinking of buying the Mecool M8S pro L 3GB / 32GB. I bought the 16GB version and the update works fine.

Does anyone know whether the update would work in the same manner with the 32GB version ? is it flashable to a 32GB version ? Any bugs known ?

Thanks !
              Which update?
              does it fix the crash to standy bug?

and the firmware will be the same for 16 and 32gb versions as long as they are both the L models

Comment

regarding the standby bug,
                have you guys tried this

turn off HDMI CEC on the box
                change "put device to sleep" to never in screensaver settings
                turn on "stay awake while charging" in developer options

do all 3 at these settings, mine hasn't turned off in awhile.YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by Dope101 View Post
                  regarding the standby bug,
                  have you guys tried this

turn off HDMI CEC on the box
                  change "put device to sleep" to never in screensaver settings
                  turn on "stay awake while charging" in developer options

do all 3 at these settings, mine hasn't turned off in awhile.YMMV
                  I've urned HDMI cec off and the put device to sleep.

I've not tried the stay awake while charging yet though I'll try that later today

Comment

Dont forget the Giveaway

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by reeves1985 View Post

Which update?
                      does it fix the crash to standy bug?

and the firmware will be the same for 16 and 32gb versions as long as they are both the L models
                      Well yes, I am just concerned now about the update in this post :

Download:whether that would work for a Mecool M8S Pro L 3GB/32GB (yes ending in L)

I am familiar with the standby bug, (it does not bug me that much actually so I would still try to flash it on my 32GB version).

So I want to ask people who had this 32GB version whether they see that this update mentioned above is stable enough.

I have not bought it yet but I want to make sure that it works.

Comment

Well yes, I am just concerned now about the update in this post :

Download:whether that would work for a Mecool M8S Pro L 3GB/32GB (yes ending in L)

I am familiar with the standby bug, (it does not bug me that much actually so I would still try to flash it on my 32GB version).

So I want to ask people who had this 32GB version whether they see that this update mentioned above is stable enough.

I have not bought it yet but I want to make sure that it works.

I don't understand?
                        you'e already bought and have a 16gb version of this box which you like.
                        you say the standby bug doesn' bother you which is great.
                        but the boxes are the same 16gb or 32gb makes no odds it' just how much internal storage the devices have.

but why would you need to update anyway unless it' to fix a bug?

just to reiterate you will be buying an identical box with 16gb more internal storage that' all

Comment

Originally posted by reeves1985 View Post

I don't understand?
                          you'e already bought and have a 16gb version of this box which you like.
                          you say the standby bug doesn' bother you which is great.
                          but the boxes are the same 16gb or 32gb makes no odds it' just how much internal storage the devices have.

but why would you need to update anyway unless it' to fix a bug?

just to reiterate you will be buying an identical box with 16gb more internal storage that' all
                          OK Perfect. My 16GB version works fine (which I already have). Waiting to buy the 32GB version but just wanted to confirm that the memory wont make any difference to the update (as I dont want to brick it). So it is clear to me now. By the way I would update my 32GB version (when I get it) because of the Changelog mentioned in this post. It makes a difference to me.

Thanks !

Comment

has the "google has stopped" bug been fixed?
                            i'm hesitant with this box because there is no reset button.
                            if a flash procedure fails there is no way to revive the box.
                            so i want to avoid unnessary flash operations.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You realize that you'll only get that if you press and hold the back button, right? (It's trying to bring up voice assist, which is apparently a feature only valid for watches.)

I'm not going to roll out whole new release just to address this one minor issue. With all the flavors (M8S Pro, M8S Pro L & M8S Pro+), we're talking about 3-4 hours of work. That time would be better spent rolling out new custom Android TV ROMs for other devices, and it will be trivial to just roll the fix into the next update (where hopefully they'll address the standby issue in the underlying OEM firmware).

the original rom is dated 10/01.
                            it has been changed or reuploaded on 10/27.
                            i'm not demanding just asking.

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I just updated the update script so that it couldn't be run on an M8S Pro. The bootloaders are incompatible. The images themselves were unchanged.
                          Working...
                          X