Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yugo79 View Post
    Hello everyone, I often start problems with this last update, ie do not start Android I have to disconnect the power 3/4 times and then start. Plus it makes a strange distortion effect on the TV before boot animation. Can there be a solution? Thank's for your job Guest
    Best thing is to reboot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik then reboot

Comment

Originally posted by fgetkate View Post

Yes it's an older version of Netflix. They have a beta version on their site you can download but I got mine from here...... http://Netflix.en.uptodown.com/Android/old

Start at the bottom and work you way up to you find what works for tou. I'm using 5.1.0 build 17074
      So, I've tested from version 4.0.x to 4.9.x.
      From 4.1 to 4.8 worked for me (But the 4.1 to 4.3 doenst show subtitles, and the 4.8 has a bug that crashes the app everytime i press return, keyboad or screen. So I'm using 4.7).
      Beginning at 4.9 none of the rest worked. The same "Can't reach service" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gui21silva View Post

So, I've tested from version 4.0.x to 4.9.x.
        From 4.1 to 4.8 worked for me (But the 4.1 to 4.3 doenst show subtitles, and the 4.8 has a bug that crashes the app everytime i press return, keyboad or screen. So I'm using 4.7).
        Beginning at 4.9 none of the rest worked. The same "Can't reach service" thing.
        Does it mean version 5.1.0 also works, as posted by fgetkate?

Comment

Hi Guys.
          mine crapped out again. The only versions that work for me now are 4.1 to 4.8 as mentioned by sweetnonso. Seems that Netflix are going the Google route and only supporting Netflix on devices that they have certified.

Comment

Originally posted by fgetkate View Post
            Hi Guys.
            mine crapped out again. The only versions that work for me now are 4.1 to 4.8 as mentioned by sweetnonso. Seems that Netflix are going the Google route and only supporting Netflix on devices that they have certified.
            That has always been the official Netflix position. That we've been watching Netflix on mecool boxes and the likes is a loophole they are trying hard to plug. I just hope Videostrong/Mecool/Anyone will find a way to get us another Burn Key fix.

Comment

Hi, does anyone have the correct ROM for my M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB boxes with normal remote. Actually I do not know which Rom should I use. I have already tried out so many ROM with USB Burning Tool and every time with error and no success.
              Last edited by Elkhan Gaybalizada; 12-22-2018, 14:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Yugo79 View Post
                Hello everyone, I often start problems with this last update, ie do not start Android I have to disconnect the power 3/4 times and then start. Plus it makes a strange distortion effect on the TV before boot animation. Can there be a solution? Thank's for your job Magendanz . I have the same simptoms,I clear cache android dalvik cache,but the same boot animations loop

Comment

Originally posted by Gündogan View Post
                  Hello, ive bricked my device :-(

I dont know what really happened, but ive tried to flash with the usb burning tool the Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROM because i dont like the ATV ones. But that bricked the device. So i opened the device and shorted the needed pins to go back to stock. I used the M8S_PRO_L-20170918.111557.V0619.img from the forum, but it stops at 2 % with usb error. ive tried 2 different usb cable.

now ive installed a serial to usb adapter and get this in loop:

GXM:BL1:dc8b51:76f1a5;FEAT:ADFC318C:0;POC:3;RCY:0; EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0;
                  TE: 126196

BL2 Built : 13:38:48, Mar 8 2017.
                  gxl g8e12692 - xiaobo.gu@droid05

set vdd cpu_a to 1120 mv
                  set vdd cpu_b to 1050 mv
                  set vddee to 1000 mv
                  Board ID = 4
                  CPU clk: 1200MHz
                  DQS-corr enabled
                  DDR scramble enabled
                  DDR3 chl: Rank0+1 @ 912MHz - FAIL
                  DDR4 chl: Rank0+1 @ 792MHz - FAIL
                  DDR init failed...
                  Reset...

has anyone an idea? has i killed the mecool? thank you
                  I have the same experience. fortunately, I fixed it by the following method.

1. download img by here
                  2. Short circuit pin. (Look at the picture below)
                  3. Burn with USB Burning Tool v2.0.8
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have installed the LB version (M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20181111.img) using USB Burning Tool. All works. WiFi/BT and BT remote with voice.

But as most of Mecool users I can't get Widevine to work. Even simple Exo Player test application that has test Widevine streams are failing to play (attached).

Does anyone have more info regarding this? Are the Mecool users forced to buy certified devices and what about Mecool previous advertising that it fully supports Widevine L1+L3. Will we be able to do anything about it?
                    Attached Files

Comment

where did you get M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20181111.img
                      if you can point me in the right direction , it would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

You can find it on page 74 post 1107 from Magendanz.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...374#post751374

Also there is a seperated topic here:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1

He made a version specialy for LB users with different network chipset.

As I said before all is working for me with that version except Widevine in apps that uses it over Exo player.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Hi friends.
                            Today I received the mecool m8s pro l LB without bt remote. I've read a lot here in advance. I wanted to prepare for flashing a nexus rom but until today I didn't know what will arrive from China. So it's the LB.
                            Now i watched many tutorials and on yt and so on.
                            There are some things I don't understand:

so one way of flashing is just putting Magendanz rom on a usb and then just ota? Or do I definitely need the terminal and short the box down anyway?

Apart from that many tutorials link me to the custom rom of the m8s pro (without L). So that's compatible?

What's the difference between Nexus and Nano?

But the biggest problem is that i cannot download any Magendanz rom. It just leads me to drive which says that the file is deleted or I don't have permission?

Maybe I should just stay with my original rom because there's hardly any difference to nexus? (I gave up hoping for netflix anyway).

Thanks for reading friends!

​​​​​​And thanks for your work, especially Magendanz

Comment

First of all, with an LB you should be on Mecool M8S PRO LB topic, so don't inadvertently try to install this one.

Yes, you can just install my signed OTA updates from the UPDATE& BACKUP app in the stock OEM firmware. However, the OEM OTA updates have a script that won't allow you to downgrade or install from TWRP, so that can make reverting to stock firmware tricky. I've published several "fixed" versions of the stock OTA updates which will work, though. They're archived here: http://freaktab.org/28~f

The "brand" of my custom ROMs is Nexus, much like PixelExperience or LineageOS. There are three variants (Nano, Stock, TVStock) based on the Google app loadout in the OpenGApps variants. The most important distinction is that TVStock is Android TV and the other two are non-ATV...basically the same firmware you'd get on tablets.

As for the broken OneDrive links, that's just because I allowed my O365 subscription to lapse, but that should be fixed as of today.

Comment

I thank you very much for your rich answer!
                                I'm very tempted to try your rom but since I've read that thread

i will wait. so far i have no issues. only the leanback launcher would be tempting since it won't open from aptoid or other sources.

So for now a big THANK YOU MAGENDANZ!

Comment

Guest commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  That thread was accurate as of last September, but in November I released custom Nexus ROMs for the M8S PRO LB based on the latest OEM firmware (20181018.101400.V0213). You've got Android TV (TVStock) and non-ATV (Nano, Stock) ROMs available. There's also no forced Bluetooth pairing on first launch, so it should work for both voice remote and traditional IR remote configurations.
                              Working...
                              X