Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yousf View Post
    Hi Magendanz,

Im gonna buy this box TV soon. I was to buy a xiaomi mi box before.

Is there any other bugs in the tvstock rom ? Is it as smooth and fluid as mis box ?

I want this box because of s912 et 3gb RAM.

Thank.
    Wouldn't you be interested in buying the 32GB version ? It is just 5 or 6 euros more, and it comes just as the 16GB version.

Comment

Originally posted by xavils View Post
      How can I install the OEM firmware?
      I'm ready.

Comment

Originally posted by kingsemperor View Post

Wouldn't you be interested in buying the 32GB version ? It is just 5 or 6 euros more, and it comes just as the 16GB version.
        I will. Did you have this box ? How is it ?

Comment

Hope someone can help.
          Installed rom from page 1.
          All ok and then put a few apps on it.
          For some reason a restricted profile has arrived on the box.
          Asking for a pin.
          Any idea what the pin could be ?
          I did not set a restricted profile up ( i installed adclear not sure if this has done it ? ).
          If all else fails how can i boot into recovery and install the rom again ?
          Thanks for any help.

Comment

see the post 31

Comment

Originally posted by Mples View Post
              see the post 31
              Thanks.
              I managed to get into recovery and wipe data.
              All is ok now.

Comment

Hi,

I've bought this box and will receive it this week.

I'm going to install this ROM, should I somehow back up original firmware? Or I can just choose to update to this ROM?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by zx-9r View Post
                  Hi,

I've bought this box and will receive it this week.

I'm going to install this ROM, should I somehow back up original firmware? Or I can just choose to update to this ROM?

Thanks!
                  It is best to have the original firmware backed up (in case something happens), on the other hand you could flash it direct, mine worked without problems (at your own risk).

Comment

I have a quick question

is there any method available to hide the root on this Rom?
                    I'm trying to run a specific app that will only run on a unrooted device.

I've tried hide my root but it just stays on the hiding root loading screen and does nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by kingsemperor

It is best to have the original firmware backed up (in case something happens), on the other hand you could flash it direct, mine worked without problems (at your own risk).
                      Hi

What's the easiest way to backup the original firmware?

Thanks!

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, since it's rooted you can type "su" from Terminal and just use the "dd if=/dev/block/system of=system.img" command to dump each partition (system, boot, bootloader, etc.) to a raw image file. However, if your firmware version is just "20170918.111557.V0619" then we've already got that archived here: https://mega.nz/#F!GJMCDCqa!ZIPErel0XHifEyQMIOAelw

Hello people! I recently bought a tv-box m8s pro L. I do not like the Play Market installed in the firmware M8S_PRO_L-ota-20170918.111557.V0619.zip. Perhaps it can be replaced by the classic Play Market, for example, as on a smartphone or tablet. In the current version of the Play Market there are not many applications that I need. Tell me, how to get the classic Play Market?

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I will release non-ATV variants (Nano & Stock) of this custom ROM with the next update of TVStock. (I already do this for the M8S Pro and M8S Pro+.)

Originally posted by mr.Alexander View Post
                      Hello people! I recently bought a tv-box m8s pro L. I do not like the Play Market installed in the firmware M8S_PRO_L-ota-20170918.111557.V0619.zip. Perhaps it can be replaced by the classic Play Market, for example, as on a smartphone or tablet. In the current version of the Play Market there are not many applications that I need. Tell me, how to get the classic Play Market?
                      There are not many apps in the store because it is the android tv version not the regular tablet/smartphone version

it is the same version as you get on Sony tv' and shield tv

Comment

Originally posted by mr.Alexander View Post
                        You could install Aptoide

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

You could install Aptoide
                          +1
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Magendanz commented
                            11-06-2017, 15:53
                            I will release non-ATV variants (Nano & Stock) of this custom ROM with the next update of TVStock. (I already do this for the M8S Pro and M8S Pro+.)
                            This is great news. I will wait for such an update. I'm more of a supporter of the classic android.

Comment

Working...
                            X