Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isma45 View Post

Ya appys, i followed your comments since i discover my box failure yesterday. It is due to software or hardware issue? Anyway credit to magendran the nexus rok ks superb
    Definitely hw, keep looking for a way to make external dongle work with this, remote can be substituted with cheap air mouse though..forget stock or ota once you got into this either use nexus or they're will be a dump a gentleman provided Somewhr that Bypass the bt remote screen but no ota after that

Comment

Originally posted by alexei_gp View Post

You can use foldermount to move data to your sdcard.
      Thanks alexei_gp

Comment

Ahem...First of all, sorry for my english, anyway... I tried this tv box with several TVs in my house (Samsung, LG and so on) and each remote control works well. Unfortunately, on the big 4K off-brand TV in my living room (where I use m8s box), when I press the "OK" button over an Android icon APP in the home screen, I see only a trash bin (with apps uninstaller) and in that remote control there isn't any button associated to the default "OK" push button. So, for "OK" button now I'm using mouse, airmouse or gamepad but...if I wanted to use the default remote control of my television, please, where is the right path of the IR configuration file and how can I change the key function of that "Uninstall" button to the "Ok" button?

Comment

Hi does anyone know if the ROM has been updated to work with the LB version?

Comment

Originally posted by Norbert_Susman View Post
            Hi does anyone know if the ROM has been updated to work with the LB version?
            Nope, all works on LB but for wifi/bt..much better than stock with no loss of DRM

Comment

Guys, any solution - not involving mechanical fans - to overheat issue? My box turns off because the soc heats to 85Âșc+... any easy way to underclock a little?

Comment

Originally posted by TiagoDM View Post
                Guys, any solution - not involving mechanical fans - to overheat issue? My box turns off because the soc heats to 85Âșc+... any easy way to underclock a little?
                If your box is rooted, lnstall an underckock app from play store or sidedownload from apkmirror.com

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

If your box is rooted, lnstall an underckock app from play store or sidedownload from apkmirror.com
                  Which do you recommend?

Comment

Hello, It says in the begining description
                    • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
                    How does one find out what kind of wirless chipset is installed on a box? Thank You

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If the number on the bottom above the bar code ends with "LB", then you have the Broadcom BCM4335 wireless chipset.
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2018, 11:24.

Okay, I've created a new thread for the LB variant (BCM4335 wireless chipset) of this custom ROM here. Many thanks to Ewald Bayer for donating the hardware!

Changelog (20181111):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20180803.173707.V0213)
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20181111)
                    Known Bugs:
                    • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
                    Download:

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      Okay, I've created a new thread for the LB variant (BCM4335 wireless chipset) of this custom ROM here. Many thanks to Ewald Bayer for donating the hardware!

Changelog (20181111):
                      • Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20180803.173707.V0213)
                      • Latest build from Open GApps (20181111)
                      Known Bugs:
                      • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
                      Download:
                      Hello Magendanz, I have a (Mecool M8s Pro L) >>> (3GB-32Rom) (S912 DDR3 LB) Thank You for your time and help.

Comment

I have a Mecool version M8S PRO Amlogic S912 2GB DDR4 RAM 16GB ROM TV Box

how to find rom android tv for this version of box

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Look at the description above the bar code on the bottom. If it ends with LQ, then you'll use this one. If it's LB, then use the LB variant I linked to above.

hello , i have a trouble with netflix ...

code error tvq-pm -100 (5.2.5) , anyone can help me ?

for the rest this firmware , is really great thanks

Comment

I have a question .... Can I safely upload this version to LS?

Comment

Magendanz hi .
                            I really apreciate your work and i really thank you but i have a problem .I have wiped ''accidentally'' this tv box and i need a rom to get it back alive .I was reading your posts and i am having the same problem like Mples but your efforts stopped at page 4 ,when you are saying to him that you are going to send him a p.m. with a modified rom

Mples :

10-20-2017, 12:16 It's failing to mount the existing system partition. Did you wipe it?

yes I wipe it my friend

• Magendanz commented

10-20-2017, 12:40

Well, that explains it. It's hard to check the build properties on a partition that's been wiped. I'll need to make a special .zip file just for you that removes all environment checks, so let's move this discussion to private message.

You will tottally save me if you send me this p.m. with the rom .I have a workable twrp but i cannot install anything !!!!! I am in the same situation ...:-(

This was before i messed up with the wipes :
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36056.gif
Views:	519
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	752682
                            Last edited by Super Ban Ban; 11-26-2018, 10:05.

Comment

Working...
                            X