Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanix TX9 Pro vs Tanix TX92 or Vorke Z6???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanix TX9 Pro vs Tanix TX92 or Vorke Z6???

Tanix TX9 Pro or Tanix TX92

I am thinking to buy one of this 2 boxes, but i need some more informations.

Is the TX9 Pro the newer box?

The 2 boxes have DDR3, right?

which box is better concerning:

1) problems with high ram temperature in forced using? (i like that TX92 cover has holes)

2) better rom software concerning smooth video? also better in existing alternativ roms?

2) less problems like freezing and performance lags?

the TX9 Pro is about 15 Euros cheaper than TX92 (on GB)

Here the informaions i got from GB, but not all datas correct, the 2 boxes i compare have 3 GB ram and 32 GB rom
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by tombraga; 11-02-2017, 12:48.

No opinions ou comments?

Comment

TX92 has ddr4, tx9 pro ddr3.

Comment

Originally posted by minoccio View Post
        TX92 has ddr4, tx9 pro ddr3.
        thanks for the answer

but when you click on the right picture, there says DDR3 for the TX92 box (from Gearbest-specs)

you have one of this boxes?

can you also look my questions and perhaps have an opinion? thanks

Comment

On the Tanix homepage, the TX92 don´t appears, perhaps because is old and out of market?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

thanks for the answer

but when you click on the right picture, there says DDR3 for the TX92 box (from Gearbest-specs)

you have one of this boxes?

can you also look my questions and perhaps have an opinion? thanks
            Sorry, I bought TX92 on GB, but I didn't receive yet it. I have read some reviews before buying TX92, they said on ddr4...

Comment

The specs you show for the tx92 are for the lower end version. The higher end version from GB has 3gb DDR4 ram and 32 or 64gb storage.

From the Gear Best Description:

● Optional: 3GB DDR4 + 64GB eMMC / 3GB DDR4 + 32GB eMMC / 2GB DDR3 + 16GB eMMC

I have the 32gb version and it came with DDR4.

The TX92 started shipping in October. Reviews only started showing up on YouTube 2 weeks ago. They appear very favorable, but I don't know if they were independent reviews or shills for GB. I was able to replicate their benchmark scores.

The TX92 comes with a skinned version of Kodi 17.4 that is called something else and has a different icon, but when you go to the "about" page in the software it reports Kodi 17.4.� I assume this is being done to satisfy online sale sites that refuse to sell boxes with Kodi preinstalled on them. I uninstalled it and "normal" Kodi loaded just fine.

Installing Kodi lead me to discover my only complaint. Even though it has a 64bit processor, it will only load 32bit software and forced me to load the 32bit version of Kodi.�This was mentioned in one of the reviews (after I had my box) I have not had the time to investigate if this can be overcome.

Beyond that complaint I have not had any issues to date. I have had it about 3 weeks. Ok the remote sucks - but don't they all? I already own a Bluetooth keyboard/remote and it works flawlessly.

I don't have any issues with video playback or other anomalous behaviors.

I run Diggz Xenon Extreme build on Kodi which requires horsepower to run smoothly and it performs as well as my Gen2 Amazon Fire TV box.

Some of the GB reviews are just incorrect. One guy claims the YouTube is lock at 480, but mine was 1080 out of the box. He complained about outdated apps that wouldn't update and several on my box updated the first time I ran the play store. I would take his complaints with a grain of salt. With the exception of the 32/64 issue above, everything I've loaded from the play store has run fine. I even installed the paid version of Nova Launcher and dressed her up a bit. :-)

I'm unaware of aftermarket ROMs being available yet, but it seems a bit soon at this point. It comes rooted and I've verified that on mine.

If you have any questions I'll be glad to try and answer them.

If anyone is building a custom ROM for this I have lots of prior beta testing experience and would be glad to assist.

Dave

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 45Wheelgun View Post
                The specs you show for the tx92 are for the lower end version. The higher end version from GB has 3gb DDR4 ram and 32 or 64gb storage.

From the Gear Best Description:

● Optional: 3GB DDR4 + 64GB eMMC / 3GB DDR4 + 32GB eMMC / 2GB DDR3 + 16GB eMMC

I have the 32gb version and it came with DDR4.

The TX92 started shipping in October. Reviews only started showing up on YouTube 2 weeks ago.
                First thanks for your detailed answers.

I would choose this one with 3GB/32GB https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_708566.html?wid=21

But i am wondering, if this is really a new box since October shipping, why this box don´t appear on the Tanix Homepage, but the TX9 appears?

Had you any problems with high heating and freezing the box?

Comment

I don't work for Tanix or GB so I can't speak to website updates, but I buy and import many items. DDR4, 64GB, Kodi 17.4 pre-installed would strongly suggest a "newer" box. That allow with Tanix new proprietary launcher, how old could it possibly be?

As I already stated there are multiple YouTube reviews. The first "hands on" reviews appear 2 weeks ago. There are 2 "reviews" from around Sept 1, one of which is nothing more than the tanix ad slick out to video, the other is from a Chinese distributor with no audio running through the software showing the interface and hardware specs.

The hands on reviews all State that this is Tanix newest top of the line box.

Absolutely nothing to indicate that this is an old discontinued device.

I already stated I have no issues with this box. That would include overheating or lockups.

Comment

You are choosing the box I purchased.

Right now $55.99 with coupon code: GBSuperBox1

There are many good boxes out there, this is what I chose. You milage may very.

Comment

I changed the title of my theme, because in the meanwhile i prefer the Tanix TX92 model, but now i saw, there is the same hardware configuration on the Vorke Z6 model.

So now the question is, which i should choose to buy?

Tanix TX92 or Vorke Z6

Heating problems is one of the most important point for me. I saw some comments, that Vorke Z6 in Kodi playing can go to 80º C....very high!

This happens also with Tanix TX92 which seems to have the same hardware?

And perhaps the Vorke Z6 Plus model with DDR3 is also good enought and perhaps don´t get so hight temperatures?
                      Last edited by tombraga; 11-07-2017, 10:11.

Comment

Any opinions to my last comment?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga
                          Any opinions to my last comment?
                          Maybe you have to check at the Vorke plus topic.

Unleashed by ONEPLUS 3T rooted

Comment

Originally posted by 45Wheelgun View Post
                            If anyone is building a custom ROM for this I have lots of prior beta testing experience and would be glad to assist.
                            Guest has Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (for Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92) that I think would work. I asked if anyone tried it, but no responses yet. If you're interested in trying a custom ROM, perhaps you'd like to give it a try? (You'd also be doing me a favour in the process )

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I just got a Vorke Z6 today, and can now say with confidence that I'll be releasing compatible custom ROMs. This devices is also based on the Shiningworth All-in-One firmware for q201, just like the Tanis TX8 Max (currently in beta), and so that makes it pretty easy.

Thanks Magendanz, ordered my Vorke Z6 right now on Geekbuying, in the hope on coming soon your custom ROM for this, thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                            X