Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OTA UPDATE Stock ] 20171103 MECOOL M8S PRO AMLOGIC S912 ANDROID 7.1 TV BOX FIRMWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OTA UPDATE Stock ] 20171103 MECOOL M8S PRO AMLOGIC S912 ANDROID 7.1 TV BOX FIRMWARE

As Found

Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO TV Box

OTA Update Firmware

File Name: M8S_PRO-ota-20171030.162112.V0619

Source: blog.geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 11-04-2017, 01:09.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

i have custom recovery, can you tell me how to install this update ? Flashing via twrp ?

Comment

• trebor
      trebor commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a Stock OTA thru update backup.

If you have a custom recovery (e.g. TWRP), you'll need the .img file or a modified OTA update that fixes the environment checks in their updater script. If you give me a few minutes, I'm uploading both now to my FreakTab.org file share here.

UPDATE: Here's the a version of the OTA update that will install with TWRP: http://freaktab.org/5d1306cce48f4c3b
    Last edited by Guest; 11-03-2017, 22:11.

Comment

of course I can wait

last (hopefully) question ! Τo perform the upgrade must first or after do wipe, so the box does hard reset ?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        In general, yes. The only time you could potentially get away without a data wipe is for an incremental release of the same firmware. It's more problematic when switching between OEM and custom ROMs, especially when switching to and from Android TV.

And here's an Amlogic burn package of this OEM firmware: M8S_PRO-20171030.162112.V0619.img

Flash burn package with Amlogic USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        And here's an Amlogic burn package of this OEM firmware: M8S_PRO-20171030.162112.V0619.img

Flash burn package with Amlogic USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker.
        it should be M8S_PRO-20171130.162112.V0619.img like as original ????

Can you anwser me if after update do it hard reset or not ?
        Many Thanks !

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, original is M8S_PRO-ota-20171030.162112.V0619.zip.

The GeekBuyring blog uses their post date, which is sometimes significantly later than the OEM firmware release date. In this case, it's only five days (20171030 -> 20171103)

Many thanks for those updates Magendanz. Just to make sure, are these okay to flash on my 3/32 M8S Pro? Or are they only for the 2/16?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Both DTBs are included.

... And of course trebor for the original post!

Comment

One more question please Megandanz. I currently only have the basic Android recovery. I have a TWRP recovery.rom which is supposed to work with the M8S Pro or any S912 chip (it was actually made for the T95Z) but I have been unable to flash it.

If I use USB Burning Tool, can I upload the recovery along with the ROM.

Or, do you have a TWRP version that definately works with the M8S Pro that I can download please? Any advice would be greatfully appreciated!!
          (I realise I have asked more than one question!) :-)

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I usually rebuild TWRP with the latest OEM kernel when I receive updates. Here's the latest for the M8S Pro: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgZxsFu9QS6bno7kpKA

It should be identical to what's in the latest release of my Nexus custom ROM for the M8S Pro.

Hi guys.

Flashed the new .img yesterday. Not to my liking so I soon flashed back

In this build, the Android bar at the bottom is no more and I couldn't see any way of recovering it in Settings. Also there is a new version of Play Store that couldn't find my VPN app, or Gmail, so no good for me. Am I missing something? Or has anyone else found this with the new build?

No big deal as I like to tinker and get more flashing experience

Comment

Can someone tell me step by step to install this OTA update via TWRP? I'm using nano stock rom by magendaz right now and I want to go back to original stock rom just to check out if there were any improvement. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              The OEM OTA update has a bug in their script that prevents install on TWRP. I've posted a fixed version here: http://freaktab.org/5d1306cce48f4c3b

Note: I've already incorporated this new OEM firmware update into my latest Nexus custom ROMs for the M8S Pro.

Removed
            Last edited by hexagonrider; 11-29-2017, 05:57.

Comment

Hi Magendanz!
              I'm trying to download the latest stock rom image that you have uploaded - M8S_PRO-20171030.162112.V0619.img to test to see if the bluetooth issue/bug I am seeing with your custom rom is also there with stock rom but the download rate from file host is horribly slow any chance you could upload this and provide link to something like google drive, mega or mediafire?
              thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm kind of invested in OneDrive, since I get 1TB for free through the Microsoft Alumni program. Did you try the archive site here? http://freaktab.org/3~f

Hey Magendanz! All good I just waited out the 4-6 hours it took to download. Tested with stock rom but looks like bluetooth bug is still there. So I'm guessing its a bug in the original rom or a hardware issue?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I don't touch the Bluetooth stack, and so it was unlikely that I screwed it up. If it's any consolation, I'm struggling with an equally frustrating Bluetooth audio bug on the Shiningworth All-in-One ROMs that I'm using for the Beelink GT1 and Vorke Z6.

This firmware has made the box sluggish. Also I no longer have the notification bar and the lower bar. The setting now have Google Cast but seems to not work. Is there an upgrade for this firmware coming soon?
              I also am seeing varies places selling the box with stock 7.1.2.

Comment

Working...
              X