Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I have two "L" boxes, one that came with the Bluetooth Voice remote and an older version withOUT the Voice remote. The one WITH Voice is running stock firmware, but modded with a fan. It runs 24/7 and NEVER freezes or reboots (it used to freeze occasionally, before I added the fan, but not sure if adding the fan was the cure).

I have installed Magendanz's latest ATV ROM on my older "L" without the Bluetooth Voice remote, and my Bluetooth Voice remote from my other box WILL pair for Bluetooth control but the mic does not work. When I click on the "mic" button, it brings up the ** assistant **, but she does not ** hear ** me.

So, in other words, I would be afraid like Jeffers, to install a modded ROM onto my Bluetooth Voice remote box, for fear it would kill the Voice portion.
    Hi, clarkss12. I'd like to know if the older L model came with a bulkier remote which is more like a traditional tv remote. And if the older model came with Android OS while the newer one with Android TV OS? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eye View Post
      Hi guys,

I am in the stock version, Could somebody tell me if is possible to come back to Mecool original firmware? I am new here and I have no idea.

Thank you
      As far as I know, it's not possible for the model with TV OS since there are no firmwares for the model with TV OS. Correct me if I were wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eye View Post

Sorry, can you tell me how you did it, because i swicht off the status bar and still have the grey bar.
        Edit /system/build.prop and modify this line:

persist.sys.hasnavigationbar=false
        persist.sys.control.topbar=false
        persist.sys.has.topbar=false

Reboot.

Enjoy Netflix in fullscreen and FullHD
        Last edited by Calamaro; 05-03-2018, 18:52.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSeason View Post

Hi, clarkss12. I'd like to know if the older L model came with a bulkier remote which is more like a traditional tv remote. And if the older model came with Android OS while the newer one with Android TV OS? Thanks.
          I have 3 "L"s, one I killed thanks to P.X, haha. The first one came with the original Mecool launcher (non-ATV leanback launcher) and "standard" IR remote. I THINK my second "L" also shipped with the Mecool launcher and it also shipped with the "standard" IR remote. My third "L" box was ordered with the Bluetooth Voice remote, which obviously came with that awesome combo IR/Bluetooth remote, and the Google Leanback Laucher (ATV).
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

One curious thing.

If you pair the Voice remote with the system (Vol- + OK) all works fine with the remote... but if you press the voice button you get the message "UI crashed, stop working... "
            And the UI system reboots.

Maybe the remote have hard coded a call to de ATV UI assistant.... any chance to change the call other search system with no crash? Will be the perfecto rom, better than ATV.

Comment

Originally posted by Calamaro View Post
              One curious thing.

If you pair the Voice remote with the system (Vol- + OK) all works fine with the remote... but if you press the voice button you get the message "UI crashed, stop working... "
              And the UI system reboots.

Maybe the remote have hard coded a call to de ATV UI assistant.... any chance to change the call other search system with no crash? Will be the perfecto rom, better than ATV.
              I have not seen that situation.. You may want to do a system reset, what you are seeing is definitely not normal.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

my box came with firmware 7.1.2 and I couldn't flash it with original firmware in this forum coz it's lower. I tried this rom it suceed but stuck at nexus logo.
                Is there any way we can change the logo back to mecool so I can send this back to shop for a return?

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I have not seen that situation.. You may want to do a system reset, what you are seeing is definitely not normal.
                  Thanks for the tip, now is working.

I need to reflash the OTA with wipes.

I think is for touch the build.prop to try to fix Netflix grey bar, no is ok with the modification i comment before and the Google Assistant.

Best rom ever, Netflix FHD, HBO Nordic, Amazon Prime (but look like SD).... all work fine

Comment

Can anybody point me to a working download link for TWRP for this box? The Onedrive link on the first page seems to have gone on permanent vacation. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Scratch the above - found out it's part of the updater. Ended up bricking and unbricking the box (the latter using the burn method - quite handy!), but now i have run into a quite strange problem.

No matter if i put a Stock, TV Stock, Nano or even official firmware on it, i don't have Bluetooth or Wifi anymore. Tried different versions, even back to the previous kernel, and same result in all of them. Wifi disables itself after about 20 seconds, and "add accessory" just hangs there.

There are three identifiers when i open the box: Board says LP_S912_V1.0 and 170817, Sticker inside (with a barcode) saying "BB-ROC180228PL 3G+32G" and another sticker saying "M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB" (same sticker under the case). Could i have a different board revision?

I know Bluetooth works - had it paired with a headset when it was straight out of the box. It's most likely me doing something utterly wrong. Any hints? Thank you so much in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by t23 View Post
                        Scratch the above - found out it's part of the updater. Ended up bricking and unbricking the box (the latter using the burn method - quite handy!), but now i have run into a quite strange problem.

No matter if i put a Stock, TV Stock, Nano or even official firmware on it, i don't have Bluetooth or Wifi anymore. Tried different versions, even back to the previous kernel, and same result in all of them. Wifi disables itself after about 20 seconds, and "add accessory" just hangs there.

There are three identifiers when i open the box: Board says LP_S912_V1.0 and 170817, Sticker inside (with a barcode) saying "BB-ROC180228PL 3G+32G" and another sticker saying "M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB" (same sticker under the case). Could i have a different board revision?

I know Bluetooth works - had it paired with a headset when it was straight out of the box. It's most likely me doing something utterly wrong. Any hints? Thank you so much in advance!
                        There is a twrp backup on here somewhere, might be on 1 of the other threads, you have done the exact same as what I did you have the newer box with the changed WiFi/Bluetooth module. M8s pro L version LB. you need to have TWRP installed, I did SD card burn tool with one of the ROMs to get Twrp then make a backup, of the smallest partition (so you have your backup partition). Then extract the twrp backup some kind user uploaded and upload it to your twrp backup partition on your SD card

Comment

Originally posted by sconnyuk View Post

There is a twrp backup on here somewhere, might be on 1 of the other threads, you have done the exact same as what I did you have the newer box with the changed WiFi/Bluetooth module.
                          Found it, thank you. Will it work with the old IR remote? I don't have one of those voice remotes where you can press more than one button at the same time.

Comment

Found it, thank you. Will it work with the old IR remote? I don't have one of those voice remotes where you can press more than one button at the same time.
                            I've no idea, but mine is the Bluetooth remote which is also an IR combined and it works for mine. Just make sure yours is the LB Version, (it should be on the sticker underneath) before you flash it

Comment

I had this image loaded yesterday and got stuck at the Bluetooth remote pairing. My box was "born" with the old black-on-white Mecool launcher and shipped with the old IR only remote. If you have one of the old IR remotes, just pair the box with a cellphone or a tablet when it scans for the Bluetooth remote, and the Setup Wizard continues.

Gonna hang on to that TWRP backup until something official comes out. Thank you so much for the pointer!

Edit: I am definitely game for testing this ROM when it supports the LB boxes. Maybe it's related to the V0213 kernel?

Comment

I had this image loaded yesterday and got stuck at the Bluetooth remote pairing. My box was "born" with the old black-on-white Mecool launcher and shipped with the old IR only remote. If you have one of the old IR remotes, just pair the box with a cellphone or a tablet when it scans for the Bluetooth remote, and the Setup Wizard continues.

Gonna hang on to that TWRP backup until something official comes out. Thank you so much for the pointer!

Edit: I am definitely game for testing this ROM when it supports the LB boxes. Maybe it's related to the V0213 kernel?
                                Are you saying that your were able to get past the Bluetooth remote pairing screen, using your Android cell phone??
                                thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X