Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

When I stated Pro L that was what I bought x 2 and printed on the top of the box,

LQ was in response to a post and was from the bottom of the Box.

I have updated via OTA with Nano ROM.

Before updating I could press the voice button on the remote, the Mecool would display listening and I could issue voice command via the remote.

Following update my remote works but I have lost voice control :-(

Maybe some setting/option I am not aware of?
    Did you pair it??
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Did you pair it??
      A very good question

As the buttons on the remote work I thought it was paired.

What kind of pairing gets voice control to connect?

Comment

A very good question

As the buttons on the remote work I thought it was paired.

What kind of pairing gets voice control to connect?
        That remote is a combo IR/Bluetooth. You need to go into settings/ more settings then turn on Bluetooth. It will then start searching for Bluetooth devices. Depress the center "OK" button while also depressing the minus "-" buttons. Hold the remote only a few inches from your box. It should pair, and then your Voice will work.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

That remote is a combo IR/Bluetooth. You need to go into settings/ more settings then turn on Bluetooth. It will then start searching for Bluetooth devices. Depress the center "OK" button while also depressing the minus "-" buttons. Hold the remote only a few inches from your box. It should pair, and then your Voice will work.
          Turned on Bluetooth.

Put remote couple of inched from Mecool and held down "OK" and "-", light on remote flashes about every second for a while then stops.

Voice still not working.

When the remote pairs, what should happen, message displayed, light flashes faster, entry in bluetooth settings, what should I be looking for, how can I tell if the remote bluetooth has paired or not?

A silly question, what am I supposed to be talking to Google now, Google Assistant?

I have an alert in the bar at the top of the screen asking me to try the Google Assistant, do I need to set this up?

Comment

Turned on Bluetooth.

Put remote couple of inched from Mecool and held down "OK" and "-", light on remote flashes about every second for a while then stops.

Voice still not working.

When the remote pairs, what should happen, message displayed, light flashes faster, entry in bluetooth settings, what should I be looking for, how can I tell if the remote bluetooth has paired or not?

A silly question, what am I supposed to be talking to Google now, Google Assistant?

I have an alert in the bar at the top of the screen asking me to try the Google Assistant, do I need to set this up?
            Yes. The easiest way to verify if your remote is in Bluetooth, is to place your hand over the end of your remote where the emitter is and see if it still works.

Comment

Yes. The easiest way to verify if your remote is in Bluetooth, is to place your hand over the end of your remote where the emitter is and see if it still works.
              Following up the Google Assistant alert didn't get me anywhere, still no voice control, I'll have to google some more.

Putting my hand over the end of the remote stopped any key depressions getting through, so I guess Bluetooth is connected.

Comment

Following up the Google Assistant alert didn't get me anywhere, still no voice control, I'll have to google some more.

Putting my hand over the end of the remote stopped any key depressions getting through, so I guess Bluetooth is connected.
                I am not sure what you mean by "stopped any key depressions getting through, so I guess Bluetooth is connected". If you have your hand over the end of the remote and you can't do anything with the remote, it means that you remote is NOT paired. Go into settings/more settings and under Bluetooth, it should show if your remote if paired......

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by "stopped any key depressions getting through, so I guess Bluetooth is connected". If you have your hand over the end of the remote and you can't do anything with the remote, it means that you remote is NOT paired. Go into settings/more settings and under Bluetooth, it should show if your remote if paired......
                  I misunderstood your post, "The easiest way to verify if your remote is in Bluetooth, is to place your hand over the end of your remote where the emitter is and see if it still works." I took that to mean if it doesn't work then bluetooth is connected.

It looks like my remote won't pair via bluetooth.

This is what happens when I try and pair:-

"Turned on Bluetooth., bluetooth is searching

Comment

I misunderstood your post, "The easiest way to verify if your remote is in Bluetooth, is to place your hand over the end of your remote where the emitter is and see if it still works." I took that to mean if it doesn't work then bluetooth is connected.

It looks like my remote won't pair via bluetooth.

This is what happens when I try and pair:-

"Turned on Bluetooth., bluetooth is searching

One more tip. Remove the batteries from your remote, wait a few seconds and re-insert the batteries. Then follow to pairing procedure again, it should pair.

Comment

One more tip. Remove the batteries from your remote, wait a few seconds and re-insert the batteries. Then follow to pairing procedure again, it should pair.
                      Did that no joy, I don't know what I should be looking for to indicate Bluetooth has connected.

It hasn't because if I cover the end of the remote an depress a button it doesn't work.

Comment

Did that no joy, I don't know what I should be looking for to indicate Bluetooth has connected.

It hasn't because if I cover the end of the remote an depress a button it doesn't work.
                        When you go into settings, then more settings, and enable Bluetooth, it should start searching for any Bluetooth devices. If you have a cell phone with Bluetooth, turn it on and see if your box detects it while it is searching for Bluetooth devices.

Comment

When you go into settings, then more settings, and enable Bluetooth, it should start searching for any Bluetooth devices. If you have a cell phone with Bluetooth, turn it on and see if your box detects it while it is searching for Bluetooth devices.
                          Thanks for responses, this is what I have tested this morning.

My phone Bluetooth is set to off.
                          I go into settings, more settings, Bluetooth shows as Disconnected
                          Click on Bluetooth, Bluetooth shows as On, with the following Available devices:-
                          1. Geoff's Shield
                          2. KD-49X8305C (Sony TV)
                          3. 67:54:E7:2E:CE:0 (I don't know what this is) had to put a double ":" to stop it being turned into a smiley, that didn't work the smiley should be a "D"
                          Nexus M8S PRO L is visible to nearby devices while Bluetooth settings is open

I do a Bluetooth refresh on the Mecool and details displayed stay the same as the above
                          I go to with a couple of inches of the Mecool with the remote, press and hold OK and minus keys, light on remote flashes approximately every second for approximately 20 seconds (timed on my phone)
                          Nothing gets displayed or changed on the TV screen, stays the same as the above, with the exception that item 3 has moved to the top of the list, so it now looks like this:-
                          1. 67:54:E7:2E:CE:0 (I don't know what this is) had to put a double ":" to stop it being turned into a smiley, that didn't work the smiley should be a "D"
                          2. Geoff’s Shield
                          3. KD-49X8305C (is my Sony TV)
                          Nexus M8S PRO L is visible to nearby devices while Bluetooth settings is open

The buttons on the remote work, but if I place my hand in front of the remote the buttons don’t work
                          I am out of ideas so any further suggestions would be much appreciated

I went back into Bluetooth to take some pics with my phone and the available devices have changed to this:-
                          1. Geoff'Shield
                          2. 44:1C:A8:4C:BA:C6
                          3. 40:3C:CC:5F:79:CC
                          I did a Bluetooth refresh and the available devices stayed exactly the same as above this time

When I press the voice contol button on the remote I get the screen displayed in the 3rd attached pic, rarely it takes 1 press of the button to get this displayed, more often it takes 3 or 4 quick presses of the voice control button to get this screen displayed, how many presses it takes is inconsistent

I have looked up the Bluetooth ID on my Mecool and it is 22:22:58:0c:e8:fc
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

A step forward into more unknown.

Without knowing how a Bluetooth device has appeared in my list of Available devices, called RemoterATV3

So I paired with it, see Pic

When I cover the end of the remote with my hand button presses on the remote get through, means my remote is connected via Bluetooth?

Couldn't wait to try out voice input, now when I press the voice control button on the remote I get "System UI has stopped, X Close app"??

How would I go about fixing this?
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

A step forward into more unknown.

Without knowing how a Bluetooth device has appeared in my list of Available devices, called RemoterATV3

So I paired with it, see Pic

When I cover the end of the remote with my hand button presses on the remote get through, means my remote is connected via Bluetooth?

Couldn't wait to try out voice input, now when I press the voice control button on the remote I get "System UI has stopped, X Close app"??

How would I go about fixing this?
                              Yes, that RemoterATV3 IS your remote that is paired and connected. First question would be, can you replicate pairing your remote. The weird numbers/letters are MAC address of your Bluetooth devices.

Not to your error message, I really don't know how to solve that. Start with a Google search. Now that you can pair your remote, do a complete system reset from the settings, and start over. Don't add any apps until your remote is paired and functioning, that SHOULD tell you if your Bluetooth is causing an issue with your system UI (user interface)

Comment

Yes, that RemoterATV3 IS your remote that is paired and connected. First question would be, can you replicate pairing your remote. The weird numbers/letters are MAC address of your Bluetooth devices.

Not to your error message, I really don't know how to solve that. Start with a Google search. Now that you can pair your remote, do a complete system reset from the settings, and start over. Don't add any apps until your remote is paired and functioning, that SHOULD tell you if your Bluetooth is causing an issue with your system UI (user interface)
                                Did a factory reset, all went well.

Chose English (United Kingdom)

Chose Let's Go and Set up as new

When entering email address Mecool rebooted.

Now when I choose Let's Go get error message "Settings has stopped" or "Settings keeps stopping" then choose close app and now stuck in loop,

To get out of loop went back up to choose language and changed it back to "English American"

Reset complete, now set about pairing remote on Bluetooth

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X