Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see an update has taken place, but can’t get into status bar to see what it was

It's worse than I thought as I can only use the remote to move between the Google and PlayStore icons on the Home screen, I cannot get down to the App Dock to select the App Drawer icon

Any ideas?

Only idea I have is to plug in my Minix A2 Lite dongle and use my Minix air mouse, I haven't done it yet in case that might cause problems with the set up/Bluetooth remote pairing

If I cover the end of the remote then key presses do not get through
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post
      I can see an update has taken place, but can’t get into status bar to see what it was

It's worse than I thought as I can only use the remote to move between the Google and PlayStore icons on the Home screen, I cannot get down to the App Dock to select the App Drawer icon

Any ideas?

Only idea I have is to plug in my Minix A2 Lite dongle and use my Minix air mouse, I haven't done it yet in case that might cause problems with the set up/Bluetooth remote pairing

If I cover the end of the remote then key presses do not get through
      Yes, you have to use an air mouse. It will be okay do you use your Minix remote.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Yes, you have to use an air mouse. It will be okay do you use your Minix remote.
        Plugged in Minix air mouse dongle
        Updated play store app notification was Google Text-to-Speech
        Went to Bluetooth settings, pressed "OK" and "–" at same time on remote, RemoteATV3 appeared in Available devices on second attempt, chose RemoteATV3 and it paired successfully, covered end of remote with my hand and Mecool remote button presses worked.
        Voice remote is now working, have to double press the voice key on remote to get Google Assistant to come up is that normal.
        I can say “Go to settings” and that works opens settings, I can say “Go to App Drawer” and I am told to tap the App drawer icon on the home screen.
        Will have to experiment and see what I can do.
        I’ll start installing my Apps and see which if any stop voice commands working. first App I'll try is Nova Launcher maybe that is what messed up voice control.
        Thank you for your help

Comment

I have installed Nova Launcher which now allows me to access icons in the App Dock on the Home screen, whereas the ROM launcher would not allow me to do that. .

However still having problems in navigating using the Up/Down/Left/Right Directional Keys on the remote.

For example, when I open the App drawer and all App icons are displayed the directional keys don't work at all.

Having done a voice search command from the remote, results are displayed on the screen, expected to be able to use the down key to highlight my choice. Instead I got what is displayed in my second Pic, first Pic is result of the voice search command.

Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it so I can use the Mecool remote that came with the box?

I could use my air mouse, but I think this is odd behavior and not everyone has an air mouse.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I have installed Nova Launcher which now allows me to access icons in the App Dock on the Home screen, whereas the ROM launcher would not allow me to do that. .

However still having problems in navigating using the Up/Down/Left/Right Directional Keys on the remote.

For example, when I open the App drawer and all App icons are displayed the directional keys don't work at all.

Having done a voice search command from the remote, results are displayed on the screen, expected to be able to use the down key to highlight my choice. Instead I got what is displayed in my second Pic, first Pic is result of the voice search command.

Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it so I can use the Mecool remote that came with the box?

I could use my air mouse, but I think this is odd behavior and not everyone has an air mouse.
            That Bluetooth remote is NOT an air mouse and meant to be used with the Leanback launcher. I don't know of any other way, other than a different mouse or air mouse.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks, I fail to understand why Google have made it so difficult, basic directional keys should work whatever you are using

Comment

Tried to go back to Mecool ROM from this ROM using TWRP but got the error below, how do I get past this?

Comment

Tried to go back to Mecool ROM from this ROM using TWRP but got the error below, how do I get past this?
                  You need to disable device check in flash firmware procedure, i don't remember but iff you search digest in this forum you found many post on how to change this .

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post

You need to disable device check in flash firmware procedure, i don't remember but iff you search digest in this forum you found many post on how to change this .
                    I searched 'digest' in this forum and in google and could not find how to change it.

Via settings I have the option to do a local update, when I choose this I get 'no file found' message. Can I use this instead of TWRP, does the zip file have to have a specific name?

Further googling brought me to this fix for TWRP error code 7, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCqROwIGLLE is this what I need to do?

Is the issue caused because with modified ROM my Mecool looks like a Nexus, when the Mecool ROM is looking for a Meccol box?

If this is the solution is there a way I can disable the lines for this update and then re-enable them again for future updates, I guess I could just make a copy and delete the modified Meccol ROM after installing it.
                    Last edited by Jeffers; 08-02-2018, 08:04.

Comment

The pic shows what is in the first lines of my Updater Script of the Mecool ROM, which lines should I delete?

Comment

The pic shows what is in the first lines of my Updater Script of the Mecool ROM, which lines should I delete?
                        You need to delete first line that in your picture continue in line #2.
                        You new 1st line should start with if ota.....

rezip all folder and use this new ZIP as OTA file

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post

You need to delete first line that in your picture continue in line #2.
                          You new 1st line should start with if ota.....

rezip all folder and use this new ZIP as OTA file
                          Worked a treat thanks, now I am back with Mecool stock ROM.

Useful telling me what my first line should be as in Notepad++ I had to delete lines 1 and 2.

Comment

When you go into settings, then more settings, and enable Bluetooth, it should start searching for any Bluetooth devices. If you have a cell phone with Bluetooth, turn it on and see if your box detects it while it is searching for Bluetooth devices.
                            clarkss12 Thanks again for your help with getting the remote Bluetooth voice control working with this Rom.

I went back to the Mecool ROM as I found the voice control in this ROM not as slick.

With the Mecool ROM you press voice button on the remote and listening is displayed and it accepts your voice input.

With this ROM when you press the voice button on the remote it opens Google assistant a bit clunky and I found it's voice recognition not as good as the Mecool version.

Comment

Anyone else having problems with returning from sleep mode on the nano ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by Liffeyman View Post
                                Anyone else having problems with returning from sleep mode on the nano ROM?
                                I sometimes find my TV screen black with the message that there is no connection, even though my Mecool is displaying the blue light, whatever key I press does not wake it up.

Is this what you mean by returning from sleep mode?

I had this with the Mecool ROM that the box came with as well as this ROM.

I never found the cause or solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X