Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liffeyman View Post
    Anyone else having problems with returning from sleep mode on the nano ROM?
    Try to reconnect the hdmi cable.

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

Try to reconnect the hdmi cable.
      My son's H96+ would not boot, so yesterday I brought it over to mine, disconnected my Mecool and plugged in the H96 in it's place using the H96+ power supply. Had problems so used a diffrent power supply and H96+ booted and works no problem.

Left The H96+ connected overnight. When I went to use it in the morning same as Mecool box, on TV black screen with message nothing connected via HDMI. Had to disconnect and reconnect power to wake H96+ up.

A bit of coincidence that both the Mecool and H96+ have same issue.

I don't have this problem when I leave my Minix running overnight.

All using the same HDMI cable.

Maybe some setting in the boxes I need to change?

Comment

Changelog (20180830):
        • Ported over latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
        • Merged in latest M8S Pro L bootloader and device tree (20180803.173707.V0213)
        • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
        • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
        • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
        Notes:
        • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
        Download:

Comment

I haven't tried it yet but it looks great. Thanks!

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            Changelog (20180830):
            • Ported over latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
            • Merged in latest M8S Pro L bootloader and device tree (20180803.173707.V0213)
            • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
            • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
            • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
            Notes:
            • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
            Download:
            I believe i have an earlier (no bluetooth remote) model but how can i check it for sure?

Comment

Under the box, long serial number which last 2 letters are LQ or LB

Comment

Guest I updated right now to the new rom update_M8S_PRO_L-V0213_Stock-20180830.zip with TWRP and installation running well.

But when i check the Android for example with aida, there is no date 20180830 visible, only the older 20180412 - why??? installation finished ok without any error, then flashing Magisk 17.1, also without any problem.

see the pic with actual rom description
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's because my custom ROM is based on the 20180412.194117.V0213 OEM firmware, which is the latest I could find online.

So i cannot check and control if i have really the new update installed? no place where i can find your date 20180830?

And security patch level is from 20171201 - very old...is that the correct information in your new rom? any answer?

I love so much this rom, working so perfectly, thanks a lot, Guest
                Last edited by tombraga; 09-05-2018, 16:30.

Comment

Guest with the new rom update i got problems on Youtube, you can see it in the attached picture, before i did not have the problem.
                  Even changing the quality to 720p or automatic quality configuration of youtube, i get this problem.

What happened, with the old rom, the image was always perfect in youtube...

or do you think, it can be a youtube version problem, it is always updated in google store, automatically
                  actual youtube version is 13.35.51

thanks for your help
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, this is a YouTube bug. I'm hoping for a fix soon.

Guest so you got the same issues with this new update version 13.35.51 of youtube?

on my tablet Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus wifi with LineageOS 15.1 Oreo now since 5 days, i donĀ“t have this problems on Youtube and I have the same update version of Youtube installed as on my Mecool with your rom.

Comment

need help done over the air update with stock rom & wont get past the wizard it keeps force closing havr tried to run via burn card reader but not booting into recovery any one help please

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Riddell View Post
                      need help done over the air update with stock rom & wont get past the wizard it keeps force closing havr tried to run via burn card reader but not booting into recovery any one help please
                      I'd say you'll need to use the burning tool at this stage. Creating the cable is handy enough, crossing the pins to get it booting into recovery is a pain but very doable

Comment

Originally posted by Liffeyman View Post

I'd say you'll need to use the burning tool at this stage. Creating the cable is handy enough, crossing the pins to get it booting into recovery is a pain but very doable
                        what burning tool should i use have tried the burn card one thats doing the image onto the sd card but when inserted into the box its not booting into recovery only back to the install wizard and that keeps closing

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Riddell View Post

what burning tool should i use have tried the burn card one thats doing the image onto the sd card but when inserted into the box its not booting into recovery only back to the install wizard and that keeps closing
                          Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Links on the first post

Comment

I posted this but it was marked as spam when I corrected spelling. I am running the Nexus Rom on an M8S Pro L hardware version LS. I would really like to know how to change the stock loader. I have customized TV Launcher II and set as home app but it still doesn't load on boot or when using home. Any help on how to change the default launcher would be appreciated.

UPDATE-I had the ATV ROM, swapped to the latest Nano no ATV and bam got my own launcher back! what a rookie move!

If anyone is interested in using the ATV version but hate the leanback launcher you might try ADB and use-

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.leanbacklauncher
                            Last edited by waylotul; 09-27-2018, 09:51. Reason: added method to disable ATV launcher

Comment

Working...
                            X