Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
    Guest with the new rom update i got problems on Youtube, you can see it in the attached picture, before i did not have the problem.
    Even changing the quality to 720p or automatic quality configuration of youtube, i get this problem.

What happened, with the old rom, the image was always perfect in youtube...

or do you think, it can be a youtube version problem, it is always updated in google store, automatically
    actual youtube version is 13.35.51

thanks for your help
    Guest can you please resolve the Youtube problem with a new update of your rom, thanks Youtube is very important for us users

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      Changelog (20180830):
      • Ported over latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
      • Merged in latest M8S Pro L bootloader and device tree (20180803.173707.V0213)
      • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
      • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
      • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
      Notes:
      • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
      Download:
      Any plans to do this ROM for the LB variant of the box?

(I have a TWRP backup of the latest stock ROM if that would help you to get the WiFi and Bluetooth chipset working).
      Last edited by Mandrake; 09-17-2018, 23:40.

Comment

I get many times boot loop with the new stock rom, don't pass to android logo and launcher then. I must switch off and switch on so many times my box. But when it enter normal all is working fine. What can be the problem Guest? I already reinstalled 3 times the rom in TWRP.

Same thing with Nano update, i flashed it also.

Bootloop so many times, have to switch off and on several times to get into the system. What happens? With the older rom i had never this problems.... Please Guest give any help. thanks. Your rom works so smoothly on my Mecool box, thanks a lot.

something strange i found out now:

Normally i use the shutdown button from statusbar when i want to switch off my box, i wait for shutdown (red light of box continue), then i cut the power (switch off adapter). In this way i got many boot loops.

Now i tried, not to use the shutdown button of stausbar, only to cut the power. This i tried 4 times and never got a boot loop when i switched on my box again. Why this?? Which explanation?

Is there any problem to cut the power (any harm for the system) without using shutdown button? In Windows we don´t shoot make this, but i in Android i think there is no problem???
        Last edited by tombraga; 09-18-2018, 22:38.

Comment

this is the shutdown button i normally use from the statusbar, then i get most times bootloop when i want restart the system
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest why you don't respond me? I did something wrong? Sorry for that.

Comment

I think he might be busy, I been praying for help on the launcher. What hardware version of this box is your again?

Comment

Originally posted by waylotul View Post
                I think he might be busy, I been praying for help on the launcher. What hardware version of this box is your again?
                Mecool M8S Pro L 3G 16G - DDR3

With the old rom never had problems, now i get so many times boot loops an the start logo, android logo don´t appear. I cannot understand why, i like the rom of Guest, but this new update gave me lot of headache...

Unfortunately i don´t have more first version of Guest rom, i lost the zip-file. Do you have this yet??

On my old laptrop i found now the M8S_PRO_L-V0928_Stock-20180109.zip file
                I think this was the build i had before i installed the V0213_Stock_20180830.

Do yo have other buld between the 2018009 and 20180830 dates??
                Last edited by tombraga; 09-25-2018, 19:11.

Comment

I have one "update_M8S_PRO_L-V0213_TVStock-20180830.zip" but I have LS version of the hardware.

Comment

I have one "update_M8S_PRO_L-V0213_TVStock-20180830.zip" but I have LS version of the hardware.
                    Yes this update i also have and this is the last update i have actually installed and got the problems with boot loop. I have to reconnect several times always to get the system started normally.
                    You don´t have this problem?

Comment

I think I actually used the SD card method today to flash M8S_PRO_L-V0213_Nano-20180830-NOATV.img. It works great! first boot took awhile. After that I used the menu button on my IR Remote and booted to TWRP from the SD Card. Installed TWRP from there. No problems so far.

Comment

I think I actually used the SD card method today to flash M8S_PRO_L-V0213_Nano-20180830-NOATV.img. It works great! first boot took awhile. After that I used the menu button on my IR Remote and booted to TWRP from the SD Card. Installed TWRP from there. No problems so far.
                        I also could install successfully the rom of 30. August, but if i disconnect the box from power (power off really) and switch on again, many times it get on boot loop. But if the system starts normally the build is working fine for me, no problems, no freezings.

I already disactivated the automatically boot with the system of many apps with SD Maid Pro, because i thought un app could provoce the bootloop, but not. The problems remains.

Perhaps something is wrong with the new firmware V0213, on former roms Guest used the former firmware V0928 where i never got this bootloops.

I understand that Guest is very busy, but i cannot understand that he don´t speak only some words about my problem. Finally was he, who put this new version online short time ago...
                        Last edited by tombraga; 09-26-2018, 09:01.

Comment

waylotul do you think i should reinstall with TWRP the last bootloader which Guest used with the rom of august?

this one:

Comment

I didn't change anything, but again mine is the LS. I think there is a warning about the LQ version. What version is yours?

UPDATE: I CAN use burn card method to install the
                            Nano Variant: BurnPackage (930MB IMG file) using the "Menu" button during power up repeadetly pressing it, flashed the update. I CAN NOT install Stock Variant: BURN PACKAGE(1.46GB IMG file) using burn card method.
                            Something is different there. I booted to TWRP and recovered to OEM I made when I got it. I then repeated both attempts to burn and only the nano would burn. From an OEM image TWRP I made I could install the smaller zip
                            OTA UPDATE (824MB ZIP file). Something up there.
                            Last edited by waylotul; 09-26-2018, 17:24.

Comment

I didn't change anything, but again mine is the LS. I think there is a warning about the LQ version. What version is yours?
                              I have LQ version, do you have the link where i can read about the warning about the LQ version?? The rom is working fine, only the system-boot get many times a loop

Comment

I could be incorrect there are many hardware versions of that box it could be the LB version. I get confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X