Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phadron View Post
    Hi, does Netflix HD work?
    thank you!
    Nope! SD only.
    On kodi doesnt play at all the netflix addon .

Comment

Boa noite preciso de ajuda para baixar uma ROM para mecool Ms8 pro L variante LQ

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

Is this the update also for the L Variant? I have the DDR3 LQ box?

My last update i made was with the M8S_Pro_L-V0213_stock-20180830.zip
        so i can update this with ota update to the new date 20181111 right?

I also wrote several postings to you Guest about my problem, that i get many times boot loop on starting the system.
        But the rom works very fine and smooth when the system starts well.

Thanks for your help.
        Ol? amigo eu comprei a mecool Ms8 pro L e queria trocar a ROM vc poderia me passar um link da ROM a minha ? variante LQ

Comment

How long does the update normally take for the nano? Tried updating the original lq but it's sitting on the MeCool logo at the start of boot.

Been about 5 minutes. Have I bricked it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
            How long does the update normally take for the nano? Tried updating the original lq but it's sitting on the MeCool logo at the start of boot.

Been about 5 minutes. Have I bricked it?
            Obviously you haven't flashed any update, because in this firmware there is no Mecool logo

Comment

Only did it once when I first got it years ago. Tried using the ota app to point to the local zip file. Chose wipe data and it rebooted.

Comment

Got it to work! It didn't even try to update. Second time I tried it did.

Seems to work fantastic for the most part but Randomly rebooting mid video stream.
                heat issue? Or somthing else I should be looking at?

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Spastro View Post
                  Got it to work! It didn't even try to update. Second time I tried it did.

Seems to work fantastic for the most part but Randomly rebooting mid video stream.
                  heat issue? Or somthing else I should be looking at?

​​​​​
                  Pro L has serious heat issues. The latest models have a little improved by adding an alu plate under the pcb but sill run pretty warm.

Bigger heat sink will improve further, but best solution is a fan under the box in sucking mode as well, then it runs real cool

Comment

Loving this update but a couple of issues I'm having.
                    1. Mx player occasionally goes black with audio only even though I'm using hardware +. Sometimes I can get it back on sometimes I have to reboot. Is this normal? Using neon with patched audio codec etc.

2. Vlc crashes when it opens a stream. I can get into the settings fine but anything else and it shuts down.? 

3. Kodi only plays sound and not video. Was all fine prior to this firmware.

Is this running 32bit or 64bit OS? When I tried to install Kodi 64bit which I've done in the past it said it wasn't compatible. So I had to install 32bit.? 

Any thoughts?
                    Last edited by Spastro; 11-11-2019, 08:21.

Comment

Guest I have that M8S Max on which I want to install this firmware, as I know it's compatible, but burning tool doesn't want to see the device.

So I go for OTA update. It start , then I get error 21 and update aborted.

Any suggestions please?

Comment

You'll need to strip out the environment checks in the update script...which is not without risk. There's usually a good reason that we check to ensure we're running on the expected device and OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          You'll need to strip out the environment checks in the update script...which is not without risk. There's usually a good reason that we check to ensure we're running on the expected device and OS.
                          Thanks for your reply, in the meantime I found a work around.

I replaced the build.prop on the box with one from a M8S Pro L, then I could complete the OTA update using TWRP, but I wasn't very happy with the end result.

It didn't give me the usual option to setup, as it does when using burning tool, but it did all that by itself.

Is that normal with an OTA update?

After the rom was installed and running, burning tool still didn't see the box. Would get the message that windows was installing the driver successfully, but no connection.

I finally got it recognized by burning tool on another PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                            I finally got it recognized by burning tool on another PC.
                            Sounds like it might be a cable issue. The signal transmission strength on some USB chipset can make them finicky about the cable used...especially when talking to Amlogic devices. The S905X3 chipset is notorious for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                              Sounds like it might be a cable issue.
                              Used the same cable on both PC's, and it's the cable I always use.

Tried another shorter cable as well, to no avail.

Anyway, it;s sorted now, end of my worries.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Comment

Hi Guest, I use a Minix neo A3 air mouse with this box, but after reboot the mouse will not be active.

Simply unplug usb receiver and plug in again, and it works.

Tried different A3 mouse, and they all act the same. The problem doesn't occur with the A2 Lite.

Is there anything I could change in the build properties that fix this issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X