Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, is this rom compatible with vorke z6 plus model? It has DDR3 instead of DDR4. Thank yoy for your kind response.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      That's so confusing that the Z6 Plus has slower DRAM and half the eMMC storage as the plain Z6. What moron names these things??

The truth is that I don't have the Z6 Plus, and so I can't really tell you for sure. If you point me to an OEM firmware release, however, I can compare the device trees.

Thank you Magendanz for your answer. At the moment I don't have this box with me but I plan to buy it soon. Is there a way to extract the device tree having the box? Can you point me to a tutorial or give me any information on how to do this? Thanks again.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, the easiest way is to just find an OEM firmware that's been posted online. You can, however, dump the partitions using the "dd" command or do a TWRP backup. The device tree (a.k.a. dtb) is actually in the reserved partition, offset by 0x400000. So, the command would be "dd if=/dev/block/reserved of=reserved.img". I can take it from there.

Is there an alternate download link? One drive link is not working. Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, try the archive site: http://freaktab.org/3~f

OneDrive has been flaky lately, but it's still way faster than the FreakTab file share.

I got it installed thanks for the new links. Is there a root method for this? I tried to install SuperSU but it still says its not rooted.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear that Magisk works, but I haven't verified it myself.

Here is the reserved dump of Vorke Z6 Plus. Is it compatible with this rom?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, yes and no. There's one change in the 3G DRAM device tree you sent me, one that fixes a bug in the original OEM ROM (an error in the meson-fb/logo_addr property). I had to fix it on my GT1 custom ROMs for the GT1 Ultimate, but didn't roll out the change to these for the Vorke Z6.

So, there are some other features and refinements that I made for the GT1 release that need to be merged back to these custom ROMs for the Vorke Z6. I'll work on that today, and when the update is posted you should have support for the 3GB Zorke Z6 Plus.

UPDATE: Looking further, it seems the other features and refinements have already made their way into this custom ROM, so I'm just doing a "rolling update" for this device tree fix. So, if you have a 3GB config or Zorke Z6 Plus, I recommend you refresh your download before flashing.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2017, 03:23.

Originally posted by Oxygen View Post
    I got it installed thanks for the new links. Is there a root method for this? I tried to install SuperSU but it still says its not rooted.
    I rooted several Vorke Z6 boxes using the Superuser by LAN, explained in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
      I did install the stock variant.

First thing I notice is that the lcd display remains on "boot" instead of switching to time display.

Another question not directly related to this rom.

I notice that I have issues with playing movies through Kodi, where it seems to have problems to handle fast switching scenes, and give a very distorted picture.

This usually happens during the movie intro and closings.

I have this problem on all my Vorke Z6 boxes ( I have a few of them) , with the stock rom and this custom rom, and that is the main reason I wanted to try but it doesn't change anything.

The same movies playing without issues on other soc or on Windows.

Is this a problem specific to the S912 soc or with the Vorke Android 7 firmware?

found this on russian forum may be helpful

(google translate)

Here is my instruction how to run movies with amcodec on 7.1.2

1. We put SPMC with amcodec support https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases/tag/16.7.1-spmc
      2. Turn on amcodec in the acceleration settings
      3. Need root. Go to / system / etc / find public.libraries.txt, add to the end libamcodec.so
      4. Reboot and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

found this on russian forum may be helpful

(google translate)

Here is my instruction how to run movies with amcodec on 7.1.2

1. We put SPMC with amcodec support https://github.com/koying/SPMC/releases/tag/16.7.1-spmc
        2. Turn on amcodec in the acceleration settings
        3. Need root. Go to / system / etc / find public.libraries.txt, add to the end libamcodec.so
        4. Reboot and enjoy!
        Thanks for the tip, but that mean that my Kodi Krypton build can not be used anymore, as it will not install on SPMC 16.7

Comment

Good morning. I have a Tanix TX92 3GB DDR4 . Is there a twrp recovery to install before the rom, to make a nandroid backup with original firmware? Thank You

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            You could just pull it from the custom ROM, since it's right there in the .zip archive named "recovery.img".

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Thanks for the response.

I'm sure many people would be thankful to you if you could fix the problem with the codec, and I would surely send you a donation.

How about the LCD display, is there a way around ?
            i guess it's LED or Vorke service that's running
            Last edited by JoseM; 12-10-2017, 19:45.

Comment

Hi Magendanz
              I tried this on VORKE Z6 Plus, it takes the flash but nothing happens. it takes the flash fine but I am back to the same z6 plus menu, I have a problem with my Z6 plus, apps shut down on it and goes back to main menu or box reboots, i wanted to try your file to see if it fixes my issues. any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by farshid30 View Post
                Hi Magendanz
                I tried this on VORKE Z6 Plus, it takes the flash but nothing happens. it takes the flash fine but I am back to the same z6 plus menu, I have a problem with my Z6 plus, apps shut down on it and goes back to main menu or box reboots, i wanted to try your file to see if it fixes my issues. any suggestions?
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but this ROM is not for the Z6 Plus, just the Z6 and TX92.

Comment

That is what I thought as well but starting at post #16 I am assuming it was possible.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's always dicey trying to build ROMs for devices that aren't available for me to test with. I'm essentially assuming it's possible based on the similarities in the device tree, but that's no guarantee.

Hi Guest and all

In first place I should say I own a Tanix TX9 Pro, so all the comments bellow should have this reality present.
                  I am assuming that Tanix TX9 Pro is equivalent to the Vorke Z6 Plus, because I used Magendanz roms (with changes explained bellow) to burn the firmware
                  into my box.

So this is what I did:
                  1) Using the amlogic Customization Tool and the "TX9pro-20171101" rom, I unpacked it, into itΒ΄s components (files)
                  I suppose I could have used the "VORKE-Z6PLUS-20171027-rooted-PC" as source, but this was not the case.
                  2) From this result I picked the following files and moved them to a temporary folder
                  DDR.USB
                  UBOOT.USB
                  bootloader.PARTITION
                  3) After closing the "Customization Tool" I removed the remaining files
                  4) I re-opened the "Customization Tool" and unpacked magendanz custom rom "Nexus_Z6_Nano_NHG47L-20171119"
                  5) Took the files from the temporary folder and replaced the ones from this extraction
                  6) Repacked the rom with another name as "Nexus_Z6_Nano_DDR3_NHG47L-20171119"
                  7) Re-flashed my box with this rom

... and itΒ΄s working

I should notice that when I tried to update this rom with the OTA "update_Nexus_Z6_Nano_NHG47L-20171119"
                  my box stop responding, I had to open it and made a connection between pins as explained in
                  πŸ’– Lembre de curtir!πŸ” π’πˆπ“π„ π‚πŽπŒ π…π„π‘π‘π€πŒπ„ππ“π€π’ 𝐄 π‘πŽπŒ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐓𝐕 ππŽπ—: βž” https://telegra.ph/OTT-BOX-BRASIL-FIRMWARES-LISTA-1-12-01#...

so of course I donΒ΄t recommend that you do it

I kindly ask magendanz to comment my procedure and if there is a way to apply his OTA update without bricking the box :-)

regards

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, the OTA update will try to replace the bootloader with the Zorke Z6 version, which is incompatible with the Z6 Plus and TX9 Pro. You could create your own OTA update for the Z6 Plus by swapping out the bootloader.img in the .zip file the same way you did on the burn package.
                Working...
                X